Author Topic: Kenshin Rocks!  (Read 12730 times)

ninku_master

Kenshin Rocks!
« on: November 12, 2003, 12:27:58 pm »
Wow, what can I say, RK is truly a legend..
My favourite anime of all time....not to mention Ninku, Flame of Recca, Fushigi Yuugi, and recently CH.
I find everything good about Rk TV series, its got action yet a whole lot of comedy, and the best episodes are till the end of the Kyoto arc, where he fights Shishio! Truly amazing. But I liked one of the later episodes where he meets the Ninja clan...
Anyway, is there anyone else who likes RK? Also, has anyone seen Ninku TV series? :)

ninku_master

Re: Kenshin Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 12:38:12 am »
Whats happening ppl?....nobody likes RK ???

chii

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 05:14:39 am »
I love Kenshin, too.  Especially the old Samurai X.  

Have you seen Peace Maker Kurogane? It's about the Shishingumi (opponents of the Chouushu rebels that Kenshin worked for in Kyoto).  It's my new FAVORITE!  I just can't get enough!

ninku_master

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 08:48:25 am »
HI!
When you say "old Samurai X" are you referring to the TV series, where he's so nice or the OVAS where hes really violent?
I havent seen the OVAs so cant say much about that, but I sure do like the TV series! :)  
Oh yeah, I have seen just one episode of Peacemaker Kurogane. Its nice too... :)

chii

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 08:11:03 pm »
The nasty, bloody old OVAs.  The ones that tell the story of Kenshin's scars.  And he is only really violent in the first two parts (before he finds love).  Go rent them if you can, you should be able to find them under Samurai X: Trust and Samurai X: Betrayal.  

P.S. Does anyone know if Peace Maker Kurogane and Kenshin have the same artists?  The members of the Shishin Gumi (can't spell it) are drawn almost exactly the same in the two series (in an unlifelike way that kinda rules out copying from old photos).

ninku_master

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 10:03:43 pm »
So, this is about the Shinsengumi. Is there any mention of Saitou(the man in Samurai X, who fights him in Kaoru's dojo), and his awesome sword fighting technique, the Gentatsu(I think)? I believe he was the leader of that group at that time. I am not sure whether they were made by the same artists, but it does look nice. :)

chii

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 11:12:39 pm »
Saitou Hitotsu is a main character! As are Hijikata Touzou, Okita Souji and Kondou Isamu (real historical figures).

itsumo_smile

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 02:43:40 am »
Watch RK: seisouhen.  Its basically made of 2 parts one is a recap of the entire series which they did an "OK" job..its hard to compress 100+ eps in 1hr(?) and the 2nd half is new materal.  This OVA has less emphisis on actiong though and more on an artistic level, the word beautiful comes to mind esp the music...man..

chii

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2003, 04:18:08 am »
Has that been released in the US? I just saw Requirem today- it was pretty good, but not great.  It made me wonder how the Japanese could tolerate so much s***t from Westerners.  Sure, dealing with the West brings money and power- and who wants to end up like Iraq (a country whose government openly hated the US), but I don't think I would want anything to do with western culture if I were Japanese.  Just a thought.

ninku_master

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 05:03:25 am »
I guess its kind of hard to see the OVAs after you watch the series because I'm so used to seeing Kenshin being the nice, goodguy, and then all of a sudden he is extremely violent! But anyway, I'll give it a try.
Is this Seisouhen the last ova in the RK series, after he marries..?
The music in the series is excellent. There are so many opening and ending songs and all of them are good. :)

itsumo_smile

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2003, 08:49:18 pm »
nope seisouhen hasn’t been released in the u.s yet. compared to Requirem seisouhen is about 20x better especially the animation. they went back to the old OVA style  :) and your right ninku its takes palce a few years after the end of the series..thats all i can say w/o giving too much of the story  ;)