Author Topic: Akira (spoilers)  (Read 13613 times)

Hachimaki

Akira (spoilers)
« on: November 14, 2003, 02:40:17 pm »
AKIRA
Has anyone seen this movie?
Its an amazing Anime about a huge city in the future
with all the problems like gang violence, drugs, impoverishment; plitical instability...
In this environment gang leader Kaneda and his friend Tetsuo get involved with a mysterious child with exceptional abilities...http://http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,33,xmjics,akira.html

Its really awesome, go and watch it. And get the OST ;too

So my question is, If anyone has seen this movie I would appreciate  if he could explain the end^^

ninku_master

Re: Akira (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 01:00:15 pm »
Hi,
Yeah..I watched it a few years ago and I thought it was good. But I also couldn't understand the ending. Maybe I have to watch it one more time to really understand the story... :)

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 02:46:20 pm »
Have you tried looking on the web for commentaries.  I know one of my old uni lecturers did a thing on Akira in his book, not sure if the content ever made it online.  Try a google search for it.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 10:33:31 am »
does anyone really understand the ending?  seriously akira confirmed my childhood fears that my stuffed animals WERE out to kill me.
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Hachimaki

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 06:09:20 pm »
And drugs arent really good for your health either (Tetsuo)...
I really wonder if Tetsuo and the three children were dead in the end.
Links are welcome^^

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 06:30:21 pm »
mmm...drugs...happy pills for tetsuo! yes no better way to end a confusing/ambiguous anime then with a HUGE explosion and then credits
if i were the writers of that i'd kill my characters too
oh did i mention i happen to like the movie as well?
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Hachimaki

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 08:25:01 am »
Good news!
They did some kind of restauration with Akira like they did with star wars 4-6 (cleaning the picture,...),but no new scenes afaik.

www.akira2001.com/

Buso-senshi

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 02:25:20 pm »
AKIRA
Has anyone seen this movie?
Its an amazing Anime about a huge city in the future
with all the problems like gang violence, drugs, impoverishment; plitical instability...
In this environment gang leader Kaneda and his friend Tetsuo get involved with a mysterious child with exceptional abilities...http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,33,xmjics,akira.html

Its really awesome, go and watch it. And get the OST ;too

So my question is, If anyone has seen this movie I would appreciate  if he could explain the end^^

hard to explain if you haven't read the Manga
Do yourself a favor and read them. They are great!

immortality

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 03:39:06 am »
i suggest u read the manga before you watch, the manga is a much better than the anime since the movie is trying to pack more than 10000 pages into 90 minutes...but hey atleast the graphics were awesome

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 06:07:46 am »
I seen Akria years ago before I was into anime.

I never really liked it at all. I still say theres better out there. But some people think its pretty good.
Thats my opinion.

Vash XD
Vash XD

watson387

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 02:18:52 am »
This movie is what got me started into watching anime HEAVILY.  I remember when it first got released on video in the US all those years ago.  The dub was actually decent then, the new one is just completely laughable (not that I care since I don't watch dubs anymore at all).  I was extremely surprised to see that there are people who have just seen this movie for the first time recently, then I realise how old I am and that most of the people posting here are probably a lot younger than me...  This is a classic anime.  

PS:  I had to watch it a couple of times before the ending made sense.  I suggest you do the same.  :D

Offline DeadAlready911

• kl33my Hero
  • Very Dead, Very Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 07:25:11 pm »
Every anime fan has or will watch Akira; the style of it is amazing for a show made in 1988.   It's sad that some animated movies or oavs can't get that type of quality.  Don't get me wrong I understand money is an issue. But Akira still looks sweet today.  And it's a great story. <My opinion> I hope to read the manga one day.

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 07:38:53 pm »
well i read the manga ( & now i need to buy it ) it's really nice , the anime is not really good (in my opinion) but it's probably due to the fact that i read the manga before .
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 07:42:17 pm by Mikala »
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net