Author Topic: Creamy Mami.....  (Read 118756 times)

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Creamy Mami.....
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:24 am »
quality-check channel.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 10:41:44 am »
Uhhh, of-course I know that, I am always there myself and i've qced stuff as well.  I was wondering at why you were looking for 46 on the qc directory, because it's not supposed to be there.  At any rate, Mami is a bit disorganized at the moment.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 10:55:20 am »
I wasn't looking in the qc directory, only in the qc ftp... Well, the ftp that is advertised on the qc channel. Couldn't find anything there...

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 11:00:33 am »
Oh okay, actually the qc ftp = qc directory in le's ftp site.  I guess when 46 gets to qc I will tell you.^^
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 11:33:33 am »
Well, it would be faster if I had access to the raw, although I know there's little chance I'll have time to translate it.

PS: how about the Captain Harlock 1978 movie, by the way? I thought it was supposed to be in qc long ago... Has it actually been translated at all? Can I help? ::) (It's the only Harlock stuff I've never seen in my life... Only seen a few screenshots... Would be curious to watch it!)

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 12:39:32 pm »
Well, it would be faster if I had access to the raw, although I know there's little chance I'll have time to translate it.

PS: how about the Captain Harlock 1978 movie, by the way? I thought it was supposed to be in qc long ago... Has it actually been translated at all? Can I help? ::) (It's the only Harlock stuff I've never seen in my life... Only seen a few screenshots... Would be curious to watch it!)

My reply to the harlock question is here, in the Harlock thread.

As for Creamy Mami, if you do find time to translate, we would certainly appreciate it. All of the remaining episodes, i.e. 46 to 52, have been translated and timed and are in various stages of completion. I have volunteered to edit some of them. Tsubasa has volunteered to translate check all of them. Other people are working their magic, too.

Sindobook's pig is already demanding that we get 46 out. I keep telling it that it got a Mami fix just yesterday, but it just keeps looking at me, as if to say "Yeah? So what have you released for me lately?"  :-[

Nothing has been done yet on the OVAs. Having a second translator to work on them would be highly appreciated.  :P

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 12:54:34 pm »
Well, as I said earlier, I don't have time right now--I'm working on my new game, as well as fine-tuning three contracts and on top of that I'm going on vacation for a week. I won't have time before late July, probably August. Since I've given up on my Mushiking fansub after releasing only one episode (which didn't manage to hold up interest in the French community at least), I can devote myself to the Mami OVAs obviously. I have them all on videotape (Eien no once more, Lovely Serenade, Curtain Call, Long Good Bye, VS Minky Momo, Sannin musume and Alien X), but I'd rather have them on AVI format, would be easier to translate (or help translate).
Oh yes, I don't have the Perfect Memory OVA. I think it's a 2-minute introduction to the LD Box or something like that.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 45 is out
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 01:58:44 am »
Well, the timers and translators and such did their magic on episode 45, the QC team checked it over, and then we sent the episode on to Sindobook's and Mika's pigs for one last reality check. And now episode 45 is released.
Both pigs are mine.  Mika does not have any pigs currently, only a bunny (Sam).  Once I had to babysit her bunny and Annie tried putting the bunny in the area my pigs live in.  They didn't get along, one of my pigs kept trying to mount the bunny and the other kept trying to get under the bunny and then headbutt him.  After that I seperated them and even after that her bunny was so freaked out he wouldn't eat or drink.  He had to be moved into another room where he could not smell or see the pigs before he would eat again. 

As for sources we are covered, except for Alien X. 

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 45 is out
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2006, 02:33:09 pm »
As for sources we are covered, except for Alien X. 
I have a 199mb raw for Alien X, see quality below. (Yeah, I did specifically choose a fine screenshot for all of our male visitors ;D) The picture quality is correct for its age, but the frame transitions aren't too good (strong ghost effect).
I also have a VHS copy somewhere in PAL format, transcoded from the original NTSC laserdisc, but I don't think it will have a better quality.
If you're interested, I can upload the raw somewhere for you to download.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 11:44:35 pm »
Sure any raw is better than no raw.
We're pretty good at fixing up bad raws, all the Oppai Fansubs stuff was VHS and that came out looking okay.

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2006, 12:30:55 am »
Please tell me where I should upload it! (Do I have write access with the access codes given on the irc chan?)
I also noticed that the OVA3 raw is corrupted--only the first half is there. Also, it's not OVA3, it's OVA 1 (Eien no Once More). It was released in 1984 as a direct follow-up to the show. What is tagged here as OVA1 is actually OVA 2 (Long Good Bye), released in 1985. It was shortly followed by "Lovely Serenade" (OVA2-1) and "Curtain Call" (OVA2-2), both in 1985 as well. I believe there's also a special "movie" version of Long Good Bye which is just a reprise of the movie scenes from LGB, uncut. There's also the VS Momo OVA which isn't linked to Long Good Bye IIRC, it's more likely to be linked to some other event. I'll try to check that...

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2006, 01:53:10 am »
I've got the Mami vs. Momo, it was a joint production between Studio Pierrot (Mami, Pelsia, Emi, Yumi) and ASHI Productions (Momo, Momo 2nd, Maribel).  As for the OAVs, 'The Long Goodbye' is the important one as far as the series is concerned. 

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2006, 05:37:13 pm »
I'm currently uploading the Majokko Club (Alien X from A kûkan) OVA to the Creamy Mami\raws directory of the QC FTP.
The file is about 200MB and should be up in a bit over half an hour. Enjoy!

Offline Galen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2006, 11:42:34 pm »
I'm currently uploading the Majokko Club (Alien X from A kûkan) OVA to the Creamy Mami\raws directory of the QC FTP.
The file is about 200MB and should be up in a bit over half an hour. Enjoy!

I have the DVD of this if someone wants to receive the VOB files on DVD-R and convert them. I don't have the bandwidth to upload it, so it would have to be snail mail.
-Galen
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:46:30 am by Galen »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2006, 08:17:03 am »
As far as I know, Sindo is always preferring encoding off DVDs, so VOB files should be nice if you're really willing to up a file that large.

-Tsubasa