Author Topic: Creamy Mami.....  (Read 118745 times)

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
Re: Creamy Mami.....
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2006, 08:25:09 am »
Nice pic... Mami, Persia, Esper Mami?? or is that Miracle Girls? o_O;;
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Galen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2006, 11:12:26 am »
As far as I know, Sindo is always preferring encoding off DVDs, so VOB files should be nice if you're really willing to up a file that large.

-Tsubasa

I don't have the bandwidth to even attempt an upload. I would need a physical address to mail a DVD-R to.
-Galen

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2006, 11:24:54 am »
I don't have the bandwidth to even attempt an upload. I would need a physical address to mail a DVD-R to.
-Galen

Maybe ask Tofu.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Galen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2006, 11:55:38 am »
Maybe ask Tofu.

He doesn't return my e-mails and when I tried just sending a package anyway, it bounced back refused. I've no clue why he hates me.
-Galen

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2006, 12:05:29 pm »
Nevermind that, I don't think he hates you or anything. It's just that he gets so many 'fan mails' ;) and such that he has stopped responding to e-mails and pms. :-\

To whose address did you try sending that package to? ???

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Galen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2006, 12:19:05 pm »
Nevermind that, I don't think he hates you or anything. It's just that he gets so many 'fan mails' ;) and such that he has stopped responding to e-mails and pms. :-\

To whose address did you try sending that package to? ???

-Tsubasa
The same addy I used for the first group of Yadamon episodes. Then again, I did include several other DVDs from unrelated raw anime series in that first box; maybe he felt overwhelmed. I figured he could just set them aside until he ran out of other things to watch.
-Galen

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2006, 12:29:33 pm »
Maybe the address changed and that's why it bounced back.  I remember last summer I sent out some letters to my old friends in Japan, who I hadn't contacted for years, and like 5 out of 7 bounced back. -_-

-Tsubasa

Offline Galen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2006, 12:50:35 pm »
People do move, but since I can't contact him and don't have an address that works, there don't seem to be any options for working with him.
-Galen

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2006, 12:58:48 pm »
Hmmm, I guess Sindo will be the other option.  Cause he's the one who has the Mami DVDs and encodes Mami for us.

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 01:18:20 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline Galen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2006, 03:40:15 pm »
Any address if fine with me if it works.
-Galen

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2006, 06:03:59 am »
Hello Creamy Mami fans! :D I have recently been recruited to help out with editing for the remaining 7 episodes of this TV series. I haven't really followed the series myself, so it is new to me, but after reading this thread I can see that you dedicated fans have been waiting a very long time to see the rest it. ;) On that note, I pledge to you all that I will work as hard and as quickly as I can to get these episodes edited. ;D Please cheer on me, Tsubasa, and everyone else working on this project as we do our best to finally get it finished for you! :) ;) :D ;D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline GlassMoon

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2006, 10:23:33 am »
Hello Bobby!

I'm glad to hear these good news! Creamy Mami was one of the first animes I watched and I never got to see the ending! Thanks for stepping up to the translator position!!!

Also I see from your avatar that you are a kodocha fan ;)

ganbatte!

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2006, 10:48:30 pm »
Hello Bobby!

I'm glad to hear these good news! Creamy Mami was one of the first animes I watched and I never got to see the ending! Thanks for stepping up to the translator position!!!

Also I see from your avatar that you are a kodocha fan ;)

ganbatte!

I only wish I was talented enough to be a translator Babitto! What I do as the editor is make sure script punctuation and spelling is correct as well as rewording and "Englishifying"  ;) some of the less understandable diologue so that you Mami fans wil be able to easily follow what it going on in each episode.  ;D

Luckily, the last 7 episodes of the series are already translated, so they just have to go through pre-editing, translation check (by the lovely and talented Tsubasa :D), main editing, then off to the Quality Control Channel where our dedicated QC staffers do an error check. Next, any errors are fixed by the editor, and the episode is then given one final look by the QC staff to make sure its good to go. After that, it gets released!

As you can tell, at Live-eviL we make every effort to make sure that our releases are of the finest quality. It may take a little longer that way, but we believe producing a quality fansub is worth it.

On a side note, we could use a few more Quality Control Checkers at this time for Creamy Mami and other Live-eviL series. If any of you fans feel like you have a good grip of the English language as well as good grammar and punctuation skills, and think you may have an hour or two per week to help out, please check out the "Come QC for Live-eviL" thread in the "Live-eviL Recruitment Center" forum. We could use your help!  :) ;) :D ;D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2006, 12:26:05 pm »
* Tsubasa is flattered.  :-[

Hehe, t/l checking these scripts do mean changing at least 90% of the translations >__< (t/l *fixing*), but Mami is easy to handle and I enjoy the work. If I wasn't so desperately tired and had a little more energy,  :-\ I would have started on the translation fixing work as soon as bobby finished pre-editing 49 (like I usually do).  After Willow pre-edited 47 & 48, I finished t/l checking from eps. 46-48. so hopefully they're in pretty good shape for the final edit before typeset and encode.   :D

Good luck bobby! :)

New (current) Mami staff:
translator: Pan
translation checker: Tsubasa
timer: bmfrosty & WillowD
editor (46-48): WillowD & bobby6
editor (49-52): bobby6
typesetter and encoder: Sindobook

and of-course the wonderful le-qc team.

Hope we can work together smoothly and finally finish Mami (now that the Tofu factor is gone  ;) ).

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:13:01 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2006, 06:53:29 pm »
I don't do a thing with Mami.  The only one I know who has anything to do with Mami is him http://sindo.live-evil.org/pig04.jpg .