Author Topic: Galaxy Railways 5&6 problems  (Read 9977 times)

wildstar

Galaxy Railways 5&6 problems
« on: December 23, 2003, 01:29:17 pm »
Galaxy railways 5&6 won't play for me. It either crashes WMP9 or plays the audio but no video with the Divx player.

I tried the solutions listed for the gilgamesh problems, but that didn't seem to work.

cfc789

Re: Galaxy Railways 5&6 problems
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 01:13:38 pm »
Hi,

I am also having the same problem...  I thought I was the only one, but I am not...  Can someone delete it and resend it again?  Also, it would be nice if they let us know...

Thanks

8)

wildstar

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 06:12:21 pm »
It doesn't need to be resent, it plays fine on one of my laptops. What codecs are being used to encode this?

Rheinhard

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 01:57:04 pm »
Galaxy railways 5&6 won't play for me. It either crashes WMP9 or plays the audio but no video with the Divx player.

(I just posted this comment in the Galaxy Railway discussion on the fansubs topic, but since I can't figure out right now how to make a direct link over to that post, I'll repost the main info here...)

I didn't have a problem, but then I am using a Mac and watching them using either the Quicktime Player with Divx 5.0 and 3ivx codecs installed, or with my favorite standalone Divx/avi video program, VLC.  I avoid Windows Media Player like the plague (that goes double for RealPlayer).

Seriously, I think the simplest way to watch these things on your computer without having to fiddle with codecs and crap is to use VLC (VideoLanClient).  It's free, open-source software, seems very well engineered, and is available for every OS you've ever heard of (and some you probably haven't!)  Windows, Mac OS, most major flavors of Linux, even BeOS!!  The Windows interface looks quite nice and easy to use too (a bit better laid out than the Mac interface, though the latest release of VLC posted today advertises a spiffed-up Mac OS X interface).  Here is the download page, just pick your favorite OS.