Author Topic: Pelsia Ep 5  (Read 23034 times)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Pelsia Ep 5
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 09:31:39 am »
Ah, the lost art of listening.
Don't let this happen to you, folks.

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2004, 12:55:28 pm »
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2004, 01:11:13 am »
In the small amount of time I've looked at fansubs I found out pretty fast that out right asking for scripts was a no no, in fact it was something that usually got you banned from a groups irc channel.  If you wanted the script that much you could have copied it line for line and timed the thing yourself.  If I can learn basic timing skills in about 20mins, if that then you could have done too.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2004, 06:38:35 am »
In the small amount of time I've looked at fansubs I found out pretty fast that out right asking for scripts was a no no, in fact it was something that usually got you banned from a groups irc channel.  If you wanted the script that much you could have copied it line for line and timed the thing yourself.  If I can learn basic timing skills in about 20mins, if that then you could have done too.

Or he could have just asked nicely and then politely listened and responded to the concerns raised.  We (the group live-evil), not he, are the experts as far as subbing this particular show.  We know what it takes from our own experience, the people, the (specialized) equipment, the necessary safety supplies and precautions.  Any reasonable person understands the importance of these matters.  He turned hostile and became accusational rather quickly.  What's there to say/do when the requestor turns hostile with nothing but accusations and attitude.  

There are certain standards of 'acceptability' that need to be met for just about anything in life.  For instance you don't show up at a paintball game without a working safety mask and expect to be let on the field and play like everyone else (with no mask).  There are certain things you just accept and do not argue about.  A person with common sense understands that a safety mask is for your personal protection and playing w/o a mask is only asking to be permanently blinded or worse.  A person without common sense, or one who does not care if he is permanently injured is still subject to the same rules.  He wears a safety mask like everyone else, or he is simply not allowed to play.  

This situation is similar.  If you want the meteriel in question, at a bare minimum you have to meet the requirements laid out to use that materiel safely and in a way that is acceptable.  If I had not a C-type fire extinguisher to put out the electrical fire it could have easily spread and done considerably more damage.  We don't want to see anyone put at risk in this fashion, it is unacceptable.  A fire that spreads can easily go beyond affecting the original user and endanger the lives of others.  Hence the situation is even more dire than the above example of wanting to play paintball without wearing a safety mask.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2004, 06:25:15 pm »
this thread made me laugh so hard but i think that people feel they have a right to behave stupidly and therefore not take responsibility for their actions.  basically he wanted the script. period. and taking the time to make sure he was responsible when using it was the furthest thing from his mind.

oh well but damn that was funny
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!