Author Topic: 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother  (Read 22904 times)

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
Re: 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2004, 02:58:14 pm »
Are the release notes not in the qc versions then?  I've not seen one since the first episode.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 03:21:21 pm »
Yeah, I usually up it to QC before I make the end section to most efficiently use our time, you know. :/

Incentive to download the final versions, I guess, hehe

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 11:51:01 pm »
I download,  I just don't have the time to watch each episode 4 times anymore...  Full time work sucks :'(

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

MarcoPolo

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 09:28:48 pm »
OMG I cant believe somebody picked up the project, I remember watching this along with other world masterpiece theater when I was a kid ;D for some reason the long additional credit from ep 1 was really really heart-felt ;) old anime is just so different from anime nowadays, they got a lot more substance i guess :) A lot more emotion involved without getting near pretentiousness.

p.s. Hello Tofu, can you make a post on all the different songs used for credit so we'll know the name to the tunes. Thank you.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2004, 10:45:18 pm »
tofu has already identified the songs he used i believe, but they are in different threads spread out over the forum, making the said posts hard to find. so, tofu, i second the idea of making a seperate "credit music for 3000 leagues" thread :) now's your chance to tell the world about your idol maaya :P

PrimoUomo

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2004, 12:05:05 am »
Like many of you, I also saw this as a child. I was born in Beijing and the series was dubbed in Mandarin. It is such nostalgia and so imbued with emotion. And this is especially true to me. My mother left my sister and me for a America when I was two. However, it took me much longer to make it to America, at the age of 16.

Speaking of nostalgia. A few days ago, I ran into an article on "Krtek". Does that ring a bell? Krtek, a cute little mole was created by a Czech animator and especially popular in Communist countries. It's quite big in Germany and Japan too. I'd love to see that again.

And many of the quality, Chinese animes too! Of course, those early ones, made in the 60's & 70's, in studios in Shanghai. Most of them are not serialied but they are all very artistic. The execution and style rival any early Japanese animation.

I'll stop here since I rekon this is not a request forum afterall. My point is that "3000 leagues" has brought back so much to/in me.

Gildas

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2004, 09:43:47 pm »
This is a supporting post.

Here in France  we could not see this serie on TV, and I found it on this site by pure luck.

I saw the first four episodes, and i must say they are very well animated. The staff includes major japanese artists as Takahata, Miyazaki, Kotabe, and it is of great interest for me to discover the early works of those people.

I hope you'll manage to make subs for the other episodes, thus i imagine how huge the task can be.

Thanks again