Author Topic: Galaxy Express 999 clicked -> WinXP Pro crashes  (Read 10680 times)

SpinNuYasha

Galaxy Express 999 clicked -> WinXP Pro crashes
« on: February 14, 2004, 05:08:55 am »
Need help with Galaxy Express 999[/u]

I don't have a particular problem with viewing the file, at least not yet; I haven't played the episode all the way.

My beef is with highlighting the file.  If I click on the file, Windows XP pro shuts down.  Is there any way to remedy this?

I would think the problem would be the thumbnail of the video.  If so, is there any way to change it?  I've tried SnatchIt!, but I get error messages like:
"The operation cannot be performed because the pins are not connected. ($80040209)."

I have the XviD codec 1.0 RC2.  I hope this info would be somewhat useful, but the problem is mainly highlighting the file in Windows Explorer.

I would appreciate any help given.  Thank you for your time.

Offline Demn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Express 999 clicked -> WinXP Pro crashe
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 03:25:55 am »
:D get rid of xp first, also xp must be making a thumbnail? :)

Pintar

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 02:51:49 pm »
Odds are your running and AMD xp chip of some kind.  I've had lots of the same problems with Xvid video files.  The problem seems to be related to an unstable binary build by Koepi and AMD chips.  Only solution I've found so far is to download the source and compile it my self. Some other have had success uninstalling the codec and installing a newer stable version ( didnt work for me but has worked for other with similar problems ).

Pintar
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 03:01:25 pm by Pintar »

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 12:29:11 pm »
it's a problem with explorer (not the internet kind.......well it is in a way but not really :P ) previewing the file. if you turn off previews (which always lag my comp a bit anyway) then you should at least be able to cover up the underlying problem

SpinNuYasha

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 11:07:47 pm »
it's a problem with explorer (not the internet kind.......well it is in a way but not really :P ) previewing the file. if you turn off previews (which always lag my comp a bit anyway) then you should at least be able to cover up the underlying problem

That's the most apt solution that I've heard so far.  But, pardon my ignorance, how do I turn off previews?  I mean, even if I do leave the details off and have the explorer on folders or something, it still crashes.
At least for the most part, I can view the video with no problems.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 12:44:55 am »
actually i was hoping someone else can tell me...........the MS KB is not very intuitive in finding very simple things like this............well i'll try to figure it out on my OS (win2k) and maybe xp is similar

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 01:00:12 am »
MOTHER FUCKER i just had my reply typed out and it fucking erased it all nfsfddknfklanlckdcldal

okay.........the thing that preiviews media files is called web view or something. you can either turn it off for all folders, or just turn it off for the individual folders you keep your media in.

to turn off for all, select tools > folder options > general, and under web view section select "use windows classic folders"

to turn off for just one folder, select vew > customize this folder. within the wizard, select "choose or edit an html template for this folder" and then "classic (icons only)"

windows can be such a motherfucking pain in the ass sometimes to configure the way you want it............