Author Topic: playback prob with demi gods and semi devils  (Read 9011 times)

Demonic_Swordsman

playback prob with demi gods and semi devils
« on: February 19, 2004, 10:13:08 am »
   i have a problem with playing back. the video is all distorted. can someone help me?

Re: playback prob with demi gods and semi devils
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 12:57:57 pm »
make sure you have xvid 1.0 RC 2 installed and then we'll talk. get it from http://roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml

Demonic_Swordsman

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 04:43:33 am »
just installed and still have same prob

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 11:30:00 pm »
Check the file is not corrupted and is definitel complete.  I always use the latest versions of ffdshow and media player classic making sure to have the latest version of directx installed and my settings as VMR9 renderless.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 05:23:56 pm »
okay, a few things to check.........

during installation, if it says that it has trouble replacing a .ax file, that means you never actually uninstalled the previous codec. to replace the codec, you must uninstall whatever version of xvid you have, restart your computer, and then install the new xvid.

also, be aware of what else you have installed on your computer. if you have a codec pack installed, or ffdshow installed, those might be overriding the standalone xvid codec (if you run ffdshow you might wanna check to see if you have the latest version, and then try playing it using ffdshow)

i know from experience codecs are a pain in the ass, so i wish you the best of luck in getting them all sorted :) on my computer, i only have divx 3.11 alpha (which i installed first), xvid 1.0 RC 2 (i use this to decode divx 5 encodes), and ogm and mkv support, plus maybe a few audio codecs. find the combination that works best for you :)