Author Topic: Favourite non-Japanese Cartoons  (Read 48780 times)

ninku_master

Re: Favourite non-Japanese Cartoons
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2003, 12:43:41 am »
Dexter's Laboratory is so funny and I like x-men evolution and Batman of the future as well. :)

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2003, 10:11:50 am »
thunder..thunder..thundercats HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! lmao havent seen that in awhile!

also love animaniacs but my new fav is KIM POSSIBLE! wOOt!

"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

kusanagi-sama

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 06:42:40 am »
Let's see, GI Joe, The original Transformers, Thundercats, Archie, Inspector Gadget, Ducktales, He-man (new He-man is better than old He-Man), Richy Rich, and many more of the oldie but goldies

Current shows:  Justice League, X-Men Revolution, Futurama,

I'm 27 years old, so I might remember more than others in this forum.

immortality

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 11:42:54 am »
the Old Batman (the 90's batman) Batman Beyond, SPiderman, Superman was decent, Sea Lab, Family Guy, and Futurama, Simpsons is good but overrated..

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 12:16:13 am »
Downtown, a great little MTV thing that seems to be back on again (in the UK anyway).

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 03:55:29 am »
Cartoons eh

THe good old days of growing up.
Teenage muant ninja turtles, He-man, transformers, there was one toy that I had was called MASK. They made a cartoon of that. That was the shit.  Family guy is funny.

Vash XD
Vash XD

immortality

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2004, 02:03:30 am »
hmm...did u guys see the preview of the "new" batman looks quite good..

KReeP

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2004, 08:21:01 pm »
The new Teen Titans is pretty entertaining. You can tell that they were heavily influence by Anime, they even have (played randomly) a Japanese opening. I love that, it's like it's just rubbing it in the faces of Funimation, and other companies, that just completely ommit the opening on TV.

Aside from that The Maxx (it used to show on MTV) was cool. And INVADER ZIM just rocks!!!

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2004, 01:37:59 am »
Oh yes the old non-Japanese cartoons, sweet.

G.I. Joe - My action figures had to endure a lot after each episode, lol!
MASK - Very good for eleminating G.I. Joe's
Old Transformers - Optimus is a red truck but not a fire truck damnit!
Dungeons & Dragons - Fantasy cartoon for the RPG freaks, most likely that's what influenced a lot of people to play RPGs like AD&D.
Spiderman and Spiderman and Friends - which had Iceman and Firestar in it.
The old and the new batman series - both aren't that bad.
Roadrunner - I like it better over Tom and Jerry.
Felix the cat - kinda like the old Mickey Mouse.
Fantastic Four - was cool, well not the Fantastic Four but Docter Doom was cool, lol!
X-men - Awesome series, haven't seen the new one so don't really know if it's better or worse.
The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Daria, Beavis and Butthead - before most people knew what it was and because most of my classmates where not aloud to stay up so late and ofcourse they where very funny, altough Daria and Aeon Flux are more my favs from the cartoons on MTV, seen a couple of eps from Downtown, can't really say if I like or dislike it.
Thundercats - saw that in Norwegian but very cool none the less)
My Little Pony - It was between MASK and Dungeons & Dragons it wasn't that bad and was kinda happy and fluffly like:
Cuddle Bears - (I think it's called in English) I always got told I was the sleepy one.
Gummy Bears (Also not sure on the name) - about some bears bouncing around on their arse after drinking a potion.
Eek! the cat and The Terrible Thunder Lizzards - That was just hilarious.
Calimero - A black tiny bird with part of an eggshell on his head.
And last but not least:
Alfred J. Kwak a original Dutch cartoon, about a Duck that was the son of a mole, strange but very funny, his rival was Dolf (Whom strangely resambled Adolf).
Oh man there where so many great old cartoons but then they started translating them into Dutch (the ones that where not suppose to be in Dutch), now that I could not stand, most horrible mistake ever done on Dutch TV.
I can't to even stand to watch cartoons on TV anymore now that they are all translated to Dutch and most of them very horrible, they should have continued making Dutch cartoons maybe then they'd have better skill in house to do a dubbing.

I'm very fond of Pixar and I think Disney made a big mistake in stopping contract with them but I'm also glad and I hope to see a lot of cool work from PIXAR in the future (Well after about 7 years from now cause Disney is allowed to fart out a lot of continuations to series, I wouldn't be suprised if at one point there be a Finding Nemo again and a Toy Story 5000 if you get my drift.

I don't dislike Disney, I love Lilo & Stitch and the 2nd wasn't that bad but not as good as the first by a long shot but it certainly was better than some of the crap they have produced before that, Lilo & Stitch was a good production and a nice refreshment after so much junk they've farted out, it was really making me sick.

Shrek is cool aswell, that's from Dreamworks, maybe Pixar and Dreamworks will work together, now that would be sweet!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 01:43:28 am by Stitch »

beenbaggs

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2004, 08:44:22 am »
Nobody mentioned The Tick?!  Definitely the best American cartoon ever, hands down.  ;D

Danzig

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2004, 02:14:22 am »
Yeah you guys covered most of the good ones... I remember watching a cartoon called Mighty Max...

(go Here to see more http://epguides.com/MightyMax/)

This is the story Max, your ordinary kid. One day he receives a cap in the mail. When he puts it on he is transported to another dimension. There he meets Vergil, a talking chicken ("Fowl Actually"), and Norman, the guardian(Huge Behemoth). Vergil tells him that he is the Mighty One and it is his destiny to save the world from the evil Skullmaster.

I even had this MM playset
Closed
Open

Mighty Max was COOOL!

Oh yeah... VOLTRON!!! I loved VOLTRON! They made a newer version a while back... it was 3Dish....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 02:24:44 am by Danzig »

Rhythm-Master

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2004, 05:01:14 am »
in no specific order
    [*]Sealab 2021
    [*]Brak Show
    [*]Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
    [*]Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    [*]Simpsons
    [*]Futurama
    [*]Family Guy

back in the day
    [*]Animaniacs
    [*]Wacky Races (Hannah Barbera)
    [*]Centurions (anyone remember this one?)
    [*]GI Joe
    [*]He-Man
    [*]Daffy Duck
    [*]anything w/ Marvin the Martian
    [*]Wiley Coyote & Road Runner
    [*]Danger Mouse
    [*]Garfield
    [*]Heathcliff
    [*]The Herculoids
    [*]Inspector Gadget
    [*]Jetsons
    [*]Smurfs
    [*]Space Ghost
    [*]Thundarr the Barbarian
    [*]ThunderCats
    (not sure if non-Japanese)
    [*]?Transformers
    [*]?Go-Bots
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 05:02:42 am by Rhythm-Master »

unmei

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2004, 03:19:43 am »
    south park, futurama, simpsons are OK but that's only for fun, no art.

I was raised without TV so i don't know much, but most things i saw that classify as "cartoon" don't fit my taste.

European comics are something different tho, i always loved them and i still love many of them ..maybe less the kids oriented nowadays but still.. there are some great artists..

mosspower

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2004, 12:20:54 am »
    I Guess Dilbert, Futurama, Simpsons, Dexter's Lab, & Reboot.. Oh yeah and Duckman and Aeon Flux (I don't think that was an anime but i'm not sure)

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
    • Still here...
      • View Profile
      • Contains Spoilers
    « Reply #29 on: July 07, 2004, 12:30:58 am »
    We should start a favourite non-japanese manga/comics section.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents