Author Topic: Please Read Before Posting Playback Errors  (Read 50682 times)

chaineezee

Re: Please Read Before Posting Playback Errors
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 03:27:42 am »
nm... i got it... sry

sazabi

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 01:41:42 pm »
Can any one please till me why we have that much codecs please? First of all Divx was amazing then somebody came up with Xvid!!!!! I don’t know what dose it have more than the Dvix. Then we had the OGM witch gave u almost DVD quality with all the subs and audio tracks and it was fine. and lately we have that matroska thing that when ever I try to install it conflicts with the other codecs and layers !!!!!!!. and made me reinstall them again. And do not let me talk about the packs witch make the things worst instead of the opposite.   

My Question is WHY? OR HOW can I solve this codecs problem thing OR WHEN can I live happily ever after with my PC and codecs?   

Offline navashuryn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 05:53:04 pm »
This is to help anybody who has the same problem I had:

Well, I used to have problems watching any .avi... I installed ffdshow, but it still didn't work for me, and the Divx player didn't work, either (showed only the first second or so of the intros and then went blank with all the noise going on in the background...)... The only player that I could get to really work was something called Cvid, or something like that... ^-^;;; It's been a while... The last thing I discovered, though, was that by manually going into the ffdshow config, and changing around anything that would change, that I could get it to work on Windows Media Player, or any other player, except for Quicktime, which isn't a problem with me, though it was for my boyfriend, who owns a Mac... Anyways, if anybody has the same problem I had, I suggest trying what I ended up doing... Also, if you download CCCP, don't upgrade or do anything to ffdshow, because then it all gets screwed up... *nods sagely* Well, I hope I help somebody avoid a lot of headaches...

Offline Amrod

• n00b Hero
  • I'm just your common uncommon kid 'round the block
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 04:16:02 am »
Can any one please till me why we have that much codecs please? First of all Divx was amazing then somebody came up with Xvid!!!!! I don’t know what dose it have more than the Dvix. Then we had the OGM witch gave u almost DVD quality with all the subs and audio tracks and it was fine. and lately we have that matroska thing that when ever I try to install it conflicts with the other codecs and layers !!!!!!!. and made me reinstall them again. And do not let me talk about the packs witch make the things worst instead of the opposite.   

My Question is WHY? OR HOW can I solve this codecs problem thing OR WHEN can I live happily ever after with my PC and codecs?   

It depends on your player. Some players require alot of codecs because they don't come intergrated. The reason there's so many codecs is because information nowadays comes from many parts of the world, and each has a small difference in the sound or image, etc... so the codec is to turn the signals back into a common digital image and/or sound. That's why I don't use Windows Media Player to watch anime for instance, WMP has so many codecs to download, that it has conflicts quite alot, and crashes alot  :-\. Other players now however come with alot of intergrated codecs within. I recommend the same as Mikala said, use VLC, it's pretty good, and it generally updates by itself, it comes with alot of intergrated codecs. Another pretty good player is GOM player. So just to keep yourself 'happily' as you said  :P get one of these other players that don't require too much update, VLC, GOM Player or others. Hope it helps  ;)
<(Amrod)> says "Birthdays tell how long you've been on the road, not how far you've travelled"

Offline rogue

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sea of Space
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 01:46:37 am »
I'd started complaining about cruddy blocky files, but then i remembered to try VLC and all my viewing problems are gone.  All together now... VLC

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 01:29:31 pm »
BTW rogue, about the Harlock problem, we release our own special edition too, not only Corn Pone Flicks. Leech them instead if you don't want the CPFs. See out BT page for details.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline scoorgo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 04:30:34 pm »
Hi, I know newest Haruhi in mkv is softsubbed but where can I get subtitles o.O?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:56:29 pm by scoorgo »

Offline jimwhat

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 05:04:08 am »

Offline scoorgo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 03:57:14 pm »
Thank You Jimwhat :) I take back what I wrote about DB xP

Offline Amalia2611

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 01:12:53 pm »
In Rose of versailles there is no sound not only in the first episode.... what should I do?

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 05:16:05 pm »
In Rose of versailles there is no sound not only in the first episode.... what should I do?

re-download it... you no doubt have a corrupt copy.

episode one is encoded in..
Video: DivX 3 480x360 23.98fps and Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 32000Hz mono 47Kbps

if you are getting no sound... the problem is on your end.

Do you have a 5.1 sound system on you computer with no center speaker plugged in perhaps?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:18:35 pm by suzaku_nomiko »
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Amalia2611

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 08:10:31 pm »
I checked my speakers and they are all plugged in.
Plus I re-downloaded it and it keeps getting no sound. Episode 1 and 21...Anyways I will try redownload one more time....

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• n00b Hero
  • CP in QC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 09:06:56 pm »
I checked my speakers and they are all plugged in.
Plus I re-downloaded it and it keeps getting no sound. Episode 1 and 21...Anyways I will try redownload one more time....

I DL it from our distro (what you would get from IRC bots), and played it with ZoomPlayer, Media Player Classic, VLC, and Windows Media Player; sound in all.

The file's checksum should be 16130D2C

I also verified that the file in the official batch torrent on scarywater is identical to the one from the bots.

So, I think you need to go through your player setup; perhaps re-install.

Offline Amalia2611

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 05:09:06 pm »
Ok thanx I fixed it!!!!  [:jar jar] [:janfynette]