Author Topic: Quality Checkers Needed  (Read 96987 times)

digitize

Quality Checkers Needed
« on: September 01, 2003, 05:46:44 pm »
Live-eviL is recruiting some Quality Check (QC) staff.  QC staff watch an episode (before it's released to the public) and look for: timing, editing, typesetting, and encoding mistakes, with emphasis on editing (i.e. one should be well versed in English).  If you're interested come on irc (here is a guide to get onto irc easily, for those of you who are new to it: http://users.skynet.be/testing/Smircguides/Smircguide3.html - our channel is: #live-evil and the server is: irc.enterthegame.com) and msg, tanman, tofu, or myself, or any op if none of use are on, and say that you're interested in joining the QC team, thanks.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
Re: Quality Checkers Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 09:46:29 am »
I've been on the QC team for a little while now, it's really good fun and it feels nice to know that you helped make sure that the released eps might just be that little bit nicer than they would have been otherwise.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

k2djspike

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 06:52:43 am »
hi L-E members... i was wondering if i could try out to be in the L-E QC department... if you guys think you can use my help i would be greatful... if not im still greatful that you guys spend your time letting us fan enjoy the good fansubs that we sometimes take advantage of... we thank you for your time

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 08:49:03 am »
Stop by on IRC and have a chat with digitize, tanman or Tofusensei they should be able to help you out.  You'll probably be given an informal test (I don't think there's an official one yet) and then be set to work and join a couple of the QC teams.

Offline DeadAlready911

• kl33my Hero
  • Very Dead, Very Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 10:00:04 pm »
or any op if none of use are on

Other than the other mistakes in your post, do I win for spotting the guy who spell checks but doesn't re-read before posting?  =D

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 09:43:24 am »
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 08:50:45 am »
I like to apply for a position on your QC staff.

I tried last night to talk to someone of the named persons that are labelled as spoke persons on the irc.

I shall try again shortly.

Also I saw a message about Distro's, could someone enlighten me more on this subject?

Stitch aka Odd_shapeShifter

idiotboi89

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 12:19:01 pm »
hi is the QC postions still available? i would want to help just to show my appreciation for What live-evil has done for us please reply me at gerald_tan16@hotmail.com

i am from Singapore.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 03:43:17 pm »
I think we still r looking for QC'ers, come stop by the channel and talk to one of the ops.

Thanks

Vash XD
Vash XD

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 04:50:54 pm »
I need the info for the channel to QC etc, please PM me that information.

I was approved by Tofusensei, you can check it with him.

I'm assigned to the Rumic Theather 2nd season and the last few of the current and upcoming eps. but I can't start unless I know where to go and get the stuff.

Sincerely,

Odd_shapeShifter

idiotboi89

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 07:21:53 am »
hi i wouldn't mind be a Distro and a QC at the same time but the distro resticts to singapore connections and non licensed Anime as the RIAA here is pretty strict.

email me at gerald_tan16@hotmail.com as i am unable to get ur reply, i tink it's the time gap, i am from singapore .. and everytime i msg u i wun get a msg even aft i slp so maybe u might wan to email me instead with the details or come galaxynet and /msg idiotcat .

i am available to QC any anime as long as it is non hentai / ecchi .. underage ma  ;D ;D

ok .. i would be looking forward for tat msg or email :) :) :D

Creda

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2003, 01:39:33 pm »
Hello. Interested in becoming a QC. Are there any places left needing to be filled?

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2003, 02:03:23 pm »
There might be some spaces to help out on certain series and almost definitely for the drama projects.  Best bet is to talk to one of the friendly ops on IRC and that can kick start things.

Akbar_Watanabe

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 05:41:35 am »
What kind of skills are required to do QC work? I have a general familiarity with encoding programs like "virtualdub" and "flaskMPEG"... would there be a tutorial involved, etc...?

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2003, 09:00:19 am »
To QC you need a great eye for detail and be happy to be critical and not be afraid to offend people.  In other words you look at every part of an episode before it's released and look for errors or things that don't work, type it up in good old-fashioned US English and the relevant people get to work on it.  We usually work in dedicated 3 person teams so no serious errors slip through.

I think there might be a test in the near future is tanman, myself and a few others get around to it.