Author Topic: Quality Checkers Needed  (Read 97013 times)

mor

Re: Quality Checkers Needed
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2004, 08:57:43 am »
I'd like to help out with timing and QC'ing, but didn't find anyone on the channel to speak to (I messaged a few, but didn't get replies). Is there a time or day that's better to find ops? How should I recognize/contact them?   (Sorry if these are idiot questions!)

angelan

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 11:39:33 pm »
i'd like to hear the answers to the above question too since i'm not always able to be online.  

also i'm wondering what the load might be like? ie: how many eps per day/week type thing :) i'd love to help where possible!!!

ohhh and i can make up spiffy QC documents/tables that ppl can fill out if they find problems etc.....haha yes~ i'm a crazy QA tester

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 12:41:47 am »
At the moment there's not  been many eps up for qc but if you've seen the way live-evil releases you have to be on your toes and spend a lot of time on IRC.

Best people to talk to are the people on irc with the @ by their name.  However, some of us have more say than others so it's probably better to ask someone like Tofusensei if he's about.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 01:29:12 am »
i guess we should create a email contact with a 'real' person behind who can deal about that .
Also regarding QC i guess you can decide about it .
Regarding distro well we should talk about this with Vash ( & me  [smiley=cupra.gif]
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

hidefan

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 03:06:32 am »
i want to jion up. im an a student in english classes and love anime!  have high speed cable and i can recieve files fast! Please hire! contact me on aim at hideFans JRP

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2004, 04:29:42 am »
What we get a say. I never knew that. How come I never knew about that. Ya come on down and talk to spymon for QC. He seems to live there all the time.
Vash XD

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 01:06:53 am »
Grr...  /me waits for the 1000s of requests and dies... :'(

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

angelan

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 07:04:10 pm »
hallo! I've been to the channel a few times and havne't seen the right people online I guess I'm just on at the wrong times (I work, and can only go on IRC a few hours a night on weeknights)

I would really like to help w/QC.  On top of helping out a team that I like and learning more about what goes into subbing anime, it would give me a chance to watch some anime that I wouldn't normally try out.  I would say I have pretty good english skills (in university, NOT an english major~ but still).  

(my nick on IRC: starrynights ---or starrynites...something like that =P)
i don't want to post my e-mail here so if possible PM me here or i'll try again over the weekend on the channel i guess :)

Edit hehe...oops i already got a reply XD
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 07:05:07 pm by angelan »

3sgte

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2005, 07:27:27 pm »
I am available for QC of Initial D.
I am a native English speaker, with a solid Toyota background.
I am still learning Japanese, I can not translate yet...

What time zone are most of the crew on? How important is this?

I am GMT+9

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2005, 07:56:59 pm »
Am sorry but I have alot of people come and ask me to join so that they can just do ID4.

We do alot of other show's also that needs to get QC'ed not just ID4!!!!!!!
Vash XD

3sgte

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005, 09:57:44 am »
Initial D is the only one that I would consider myself qualified to do QC on.

angelan

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2005, 09:44:42 am »
what is it about ID4 that makes you qualified for QCing it but not qualified for QCing other shows?  

other than......"cuz i don't want to QC other shows..."

as long as you have a good hold on english, don't speed read through subtitles (ie: catch typos and grammatical mistakes) you're pretty much qualified.  You don't even have to know japanese!  To join the QC team for JUST ID4 is joining for the wrong reasons....you're not really joining the "team".

3sgte

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2005, 01:06:28 pm »
Other than:

1. I know all of the backstory, at least with reference to the anime. I would like to get in to the manga, but the Japanese is just too difficult for me.

2. For 12 years I used to work on Toyotas and Lexus. (Including AE86s)

3. I bought an AE86 with a blown motor and rebuilt the car. I drove the car for about a year. Unfortunately circumstances forced me to sell it.

Regarding other anime, I must be realistic. I don't have as much time as I used to before I had kids. The time and effort to get involved (learn backstory) would be significant, and not something I feel I could make a promise to the group about.  I will not promise something if I cannot follow through.

backdrop001

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2005, 11:05:28 pm »
Hello,

I'm in the channel right now and would like to apply for this position. I live in Michigan and just finished taking some english and compisition classes.

One of the things we did was edit each other's work. Please let me know if I can help.

P.S. My ICQ number is:

236-024-747
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 11:07:09 pm by backdrop001 »

Zendog

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 08:36:02 am »
Eh - I just chatted with an op as well - looks like you guys got what you need, but I like your Tsubasa sub pretty well and I don't mind giving back.

I'm an excellent proofreader and a top-notch speller.  Fluency in grammar and syntax as well as a detail-oriented personality make me well-suited to proofreading and copy-related tasks.  I can't transLATE but I can transCRIBE... I dunno if raw data entry enters into the picture, but that doesn't bother me either.

*shrug*

Contact me if it suits you; otherwise, I'm happy leeching.  ;-)

Cheers,

ZD