Author Topic: Coverting PVs from AVI to MP3?  (Read 8285 times)

chii

Coverting PVs from AVI to MP3?
« on: March 27, 2004, 12:41:24 pm »
Is it possible to convert the PVs to mp3 format to burn to cdr?  I love Nakashima Mika and I really really really love that Surf Rider song.  I love them so much that I want to hear them in my car and share them with my friends!  Is there some sort of (free) progam or easy trick to it?

Much love!

Re: Coverting PVs from AVI to MP3?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 11:31:49 pm »
using audio from avi's is generally a bad idea because it's generally low quality. i suggest searching for mp3s encoded from audio cds (through a p2p network or otherwise). if it's love addict you're looking for, i do have that mp3 (pm me if you cant find it anywhere else cause i dunno where exactly it's stashed)

but yes, of course it's possible to get the audio seperate, since all avi is, is a container that holes an audio stream and a video stream. you can use virtual dub or premeire or something similar to take out the audio from an avi.

watson387

Re: Coverting PVs from AVI to MP3?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 02:28:51 am »
This is actually very easy to do, but as 1010011 stated the quality is bad most of the time.  Open the .avi in VirtualDub.  Choose where the song starts and ends, then choose "save wav" under the "file" menu.  This will convert the song to .wav.  Use Musicmatch or any of various .mp3 encoders to convert to .mp3 if need be.  Hope that helps.