Author Topic: Problem with torrent of Galaxy Railways  (Read 11408 times)

snakeplissken

Problem with torrent of Galaxy Railways
« on: March 31, 2004, 03:44:04 am »
Hello, i got the pack of episodes from 5 to 9 but none of the files work correctly, each player i have tells me the file is incorrect or something similar. Then i got the single episodes (from 7 to 9) with the single torrents and the files work correctly. So there is a problem with the torrent of the pack 5->9. After that i tried to get the 1st pack of episodes from 1 to 4, and when the episode 1 finished i tried to open it, getting the same error. So also pack 1 torrent has something wrong. Can you check if everything's okay? Many thanks, and congrats for the good work  :)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with torrent of Galaxy Railways
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 07:15:12 am »
The packs cannot really be corrupt because I made them and seeded them and I also encoded them on the same computer (so the CRC must be correct...)

Not sure what to say... Codec issues, most likely...

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

snakeplissken

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 12:14:02 pm »
First of all, thanks for the swift reply. Then i'll try to answer you, excuse my english since it's not my speaking language :)

It couldn't be codec since i can play all the episodes i downloaded using the single episodes torrents. So far i got episodes from 7 to 12 and they all work correctly.

When i downloaded episodes from 5 to 9 using the "from 5 to 9 pack" torrent i also got the episodes 7, 8 and 9 that i already got in the "single torrent" way. I checked, the size of files is identical but still the files from the "pack" cannot be played while the same files from the "single torrents" work correctly. And i also tried a lot of programs and codecs as well: videolan, bsplayer, windows media player... and koepi's xvid (both rc2 and rc3 releaseas), ffdshow... just to name the most famous.

I am sure you've packed well the original source of the "pack" torrents and your files are correct, but then what i can think is that some of the leeching clients "put" some error in the files or that bit torrent makes mistakes when administering the downloads of multiple videos (not compressed in a unique file).

I really don't know, but the problem is real, and i really don't think it's only codec issues, for the matters i said before. I also tried 2 times to download the pack 5->9 and got the same error...

Thanks again for the attention.

Edit update:  :)

I've got a program called File-Safe, amoang its features it does CRC32 check and effectively the CRCs of the file i got through the "pack" torrent are all incorrect, while *surprise* the same files (but gotten through their "single" torrents) have correct CRCs.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 12:33:29 pm by snakeplissken »

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 05:45:14 pm »
did you make sure that the torrent was completed before you started playing the files? did you try running the torrent again on those files? and are you using an old bittorrent program?

snakeplissken

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 07:10:15 pm »
replying in order:

yes i waited until it finished the files;
i even tried to run the single torrents on these files (after i've got the error of course) but still nothing;
no, i've the last and updated bittorrent client

solution: i'm now taking the missing files from emule, i've got yet the episode 6 and it works fine, again i think there's some problem only with the pack torrents... dunno  ??? by the way thanks again for the attention
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 07:11:30 pm by snakeplissken »

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 04:52:49 pm »
BT seems to work for everyone else out there. But you are getting an incorrect CRC, so either you think they're complete and they arent, or your client is screwing up the packets you're downloading, or someone is sending you bad packets and your client isnt hash checking them. use a recent BT client (i reccomend shadow's), or go to http://ronin.daug.net to learn how to download off irc and join our irc channel #live-evil on irc.enterthegame.com and download off one of the archive bots there.

but hey if you wanna struggle through emule be my guest.

snakeplissken

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 07:04:01 pm »
maybe it's like you say, someone sent me incorrect data and screwed up the entire pack. if i am the only one reporting this is surely something like that, and if you want to delete this post you are welcome

i yet know how to use irc  ;D

by the way i got the missing episode with emule, and i had not to struggle  :), it's quite good, obviously not so fast as bittorrent