Author Topic: Kyou Kara Maou!  (Read 54823 times)

aoi-chan

Re: Kyou Kara Maou!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 02:12:21 pm »
Thanks for this funny series! At first I was interested cause of the load of bishies but now I think that the main chara, Yuuri is very funny. It also has a slight comedy to this all shounen-ai stories. Nice pick!!! I'll surely stick to it  ;D

Saya

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 05:55:11 pm »
I just watched the first episode of KKM (<- I like that one).
That show is so funny!! Just can't wait to see more!  ;D

Excellent choice, Tofu!  :-*

But there's not much yaoi in it ... so far, at least. So even the guys around here should try that anime, it's really funny!  ;)

Kishuku

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 10:20:57 pm »
Can't wait to see the second episode XD but I'm too lazy to load the Raw...

^^ @Saya : wai, wai... you're from germany too ? *hugs*
Man schreibt sich *g* \(^-^)/

codemco

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 04:06:05 pm »
Oki, looks like a great show even if there are no females (NoooooOOooOooOoooooo) main characters.....mhmmmm just a little girl....and not even a main character.....geeeez........

Anyway, looks like fun, so I hope we will see some more episode, and by the way, nice subs for the first episode ;)

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 10:12:41 pm »
wheres the poootang???????
Vash XD

EAG

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 11:50:23 pm »
When will you guys put out the next episode?  More please!  *__*

ShinigamiDian

Yaoi fangirl stopping by
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2004, 11:56:26 pm »
Ha ha! I love this series already, and I'm glad that someone is fansubbing it. I hope for the next episodes soon, since I've broken down and downloaded the raw eps from leet-raws. The translation seems pretty clean and you guys at l-e and s-ai do nice work, although I think there are a few issues with the name. They're pseudo-European, and can I suggest alternative spellings than the ones were used?

Gunther the pale-haired guy
Gwendel the guy with long black hair
Wolfram the bitchy little blond. ;)

Anyway, thanks for all the work and time spent in fansubbing! I can't wait for the next episode of this!

revolutionaryjo

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 12:23:59 am »
This is a fun and silly little show! I'm hoping you guys will continue on with it, I've always been impressed with your work. I'm watching the raws as well but my Japanese is very not so good and so assistance would be much appreciated. ^_^;

Fear not fanboys, Ms. Sexy Queen appears in episode two!

TheWind

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 02:01:44 am »
Thanks for subbing this show, I really liked the first episode!
But just like ShinigamiDian, I'd like to suggest alternative spellings for some of the names as most of them sounded german to me (I'm from Germany, btw).

Ardabelt --> Adalbert (and "Fongrants" could be "von *something*", "von Granz" maybe)
Fonchrist --> von Kleist
Gunter --> Günther
Fonshpitz Veg Shtoff --> von Spitzweg ... I'm not sure about "Shtoff", the most likely german spelling for it would be "Stoff", but that's not a name, it's just a german word (meaning "cloth ;)).
Volflam --> Wolfram

That's everything I found in ep 1 – I found some more names on the official website, though, if anyone's interested I could post my ideas for these too…

Anyway, keep up the great work! :)

Offline Demn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 05:06:41 am »
Thanks for subbing this show, I really liked the first episode!
But just like ShinigamiDian, I'd like to suggest alternative spellings for some of the names as most of them sounded german to me (I'm from Germany, btw).

Ardabelt --> Adalbert (and "Fongrants" could be "von *something*", "von Granz" maybe)
Fonchrist --> von Kleist
Gunter --> Günther
Fonshpitz Veg Shtoff --> von Spitzweg ... I'm not sure about "Shtoff", the most likely german spelling for it would be "Stoff", but that's not a name, it's just a german word (meaning "cloth ;)).
Volflam --> Wolfram

That's everything I found in ep 1 – I found some more names on the official website, though, if anyone's interested I could post my ideas for these too…

Anyway, keep up the great work! :)

Thanks for your input.  While your suggestions are correct, Shoujo-ai's translator rp is a total lamer, and she even won't allow for official romanization.

to expand on what an asshole she is, every chance she gets she tries putting down live-evil and her own group saying that whatever she wants is what goes, and that Kyou Kara Maou is "pure charity work." :) Send all denial of service attacks at her ^_^

^_^ thanks again for the input though.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 05:07:38 am by Demn »

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2004, 09:53:40 am »
if by "DoS attacks" you mean contructive criticism :P i think she'd enjoy having her mistakes pointed out to her (the good thing about a joint is that if you get banned from one place you can always leech in the other ^_^ )

rp

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 03:07:42 am »
the suggestions are good, will try inputting with ep 3... altho I don't want to change Volf to Wolf or Fon to Von... since if those were intended it woulda been easy to do in JP. unless "von" sounds like "fon" in German? let me know.

to Demn:
i'm a lamer huh... well thanks for telling it to my face instead of going behind my back. :P

there IS NO OFFICIAL ROMANIZATION, not on the web anyway, so therefore i'm not touching that. going by names of image files on a website does not count as official, as those are often wrong.

"every chance I get"... more like, the one time i had an argument with Tofu. *shrug* don't be an accusing jerk. :\ I never put down my group, i love my group. However, my script was changed by you guys w/o telling anybody, and you think that's perfectly reasonable... i dunno. who's the asshole here?

of course what i say goes, i'm pretty much the leader, and  i know the most JP in the group. -_-; and duh this is charity work, translators get NOTHING out of fansubbing. we can always just watch the raws. so take your pissy little comments and shove them. :3

TheWind

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2004, 04:20:29 am »
Yes, german "von" sounds like japanese "fon" - and I'm quite sure about "von" anyway because there are so many names which have it, too many for it to be a coincidence....literally it means "of", I'm not sure if it has an english equivalent, but it's a usual prefix for names of noblemen....
And german "wo" also sounds like japanese "vo" - besides, Wolfram is a real german name (I didn't even know that until five minutes ago, I looked it up in my mother's book of first names - I always thought it was just a lightbulb brand ;))
I had some more ideas in my mind, but I'm to tired to think about them now (it's after midnight here and my english is getting worse and worse) - I'll post them tomorrow, if you're still interested....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 04:24:41 am by TheWind »

Offline Demn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2004, 04:53:39 am »
"every chance I get"... more like, the one time i had an argument with Tofu. *shrug* don't be an accusing jerk. :\ I never put down my group, i love my group. However, my script was changed by you guys w/o telling anybody, and you think that's perfectly reasonable... i dunno. who's the asshole here?

and duh this is charity work, translators get NOTHING out of fansubbing.

^^;; maybe you should look at your buffer and make sure noone is typing in your name and talking about how what you say is what goes for everything, and how you're doing charity work for L-E. Remember that it was a member of your group who asked to joint and that when you disrespect your own members by putting their opinions below your own you're lying by inferring me to be the asshole. :)

Why can't you leave behind the whole theory of altruism, and just be on good terms and not claim that Live-Evil/your group members are a charity case, and that you're god (when in conversations with tofu, that is.  on this board without any quotes I'm sure you sound sweet as pie :P).
so let's drop all the bullshit from the past and just be good. I want to be good. I don't mind helping your group on this project, but I want to be good with you. O_O can't we just be good...

No more charity cases, no more authoritarian fansubbing, no more anything.

Offline Demn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2004, 05:22:17 am »
i dunno. who's the asshole here?
so take your pissy little comments and shove them. :3

I know I replied, I just felt like continuing though...

[17:45] <rp> FFS TOFU
[17:45] <rp> I TOLD YOU TO KEEP OLD LYRICS
[17:45] <rp> what is your PROBLEM
[17:46] <rp> fucking hell
[17:46] <rp> should just leave it to aone
[17:46] <Tofusensei> rp, I didn't realize I made changes to the OP, I'm sorry, I changed that line in the ED
[17:47] <Tofusensei> you do realize not all changes I make are for the worse, you know
[17:47] <Tofusensei> you never thank me for the ones that improve it
[17:47] <Tofusensei> :O
[17:47] <Tofusensei> unless you wanna go around talking about baseball supervisors
[17:47] <Tofusensei> and "failing" instead of dropping to the farm leagues
[17:48] * Firestorm717 has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[17:52] <rp> ...
[17:52] <rp> i keep telling you that's not the point
[17:52] <rp> the point is that i don't want you changing shit w/o approval. -_;
[17:52] <Tofusensei> asides for those two lines I didnt change a thing
Tofusensei:  <rp> I TOLD YOU TO KEEP OLD LYRICS

Tofusensei: I put "I break into a smile" instead of "I break into smiles".
Tofusensei: THAT was what that was for

[18:20] <Tofusensei> you were that upset over that little word? :D
[18:20] <Tofusensei> you should calm down, it's bad for your health ^^
[18:20] <rp> i'm upset about any changes.
[18:20] <Tofusensei> yes
[18:20] <Tofusensei> which is why
[18:20] <Tofusensei> I didnt wanna even tell you about those baseball changes
[18:20] <Tofusensei> :P
[18:20] <Tofusensei> b/c I didnt wanna hear any bitching about it
[18:20] <rp> UNAUTHORIZED changes
[18:20] <rp> ughhh
[18:20] <rp> why don't you get it
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 05:23:01 am by Demn »