Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 970588 times)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1185 on: March 29, 2005, 05:33:59 am »
yeah its so annoying those insurance companies i mean honestly we pay them to pay for our stuff and then when something happens they are like who the f*** are you
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 29, 2005, 07:35:46 am »
Doesn't help that I only have 3rd party with fire and theft cover... Means I'm covered for the other person... But I have to pay for myself :/

But considering I'm 19... Comprehensive insurance is over a grand a year untill I turn 26 :/ So 3rd party will have to do :(

Had a big laugh last night... Saw some guy in a fairly well done up NSX being tailgated by a scooter :D About 150 Metres or so down the road, the scooter overtook him, then the NSX sped the hell up as if he was wanting to race... Probably a bit embarrased to be passed by the scooter...

To add insult to injury... It happened outside a McDonalds carpark full of "ricers" on a car cruise... Some of them were laughing so hard they were crying :D
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Drift

« Reply #1187 on: March 29, 2005, 08:27:27 am »
lol i'd feel embarrassed too if i was him.

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 29, 2005, 09:06:33 am »
if my insurance was only a grand each year, id have it made.. when I was 19, it was 4500, with a clean record... and all I had was a 2000 civic ex... not even new at the time
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

randomdriver

« Reply #1189 on: March 29, 2005, 11:54:07 am »
That's no surprise. When your car has the front smashed it becomes automatically your fault in my state. Those dumb insurance companies will do anything to keep the money and nothing to help you.

well, in most cases where someone has their front smashed in, they're at fault, whether it be lack of concentration, tailgating, etc.   but yeah, if someone is unlucky enough to get cut off and brakeslammed on, it'd be a PIA to try to prove.  
and i believe insurance is really like a racing helmet;  you get what you pay for.    

BloodKnight

« Reply #1190 on: March 29, 2005, 04:38:58 pm »
Actually, you get cut off and brakeslammed it is your fault because you didn't slow down to let the person over with enough room. :|  Now, If someone TURNS in front of you and you hit them.. That is a different story, they failed to yeild... But that is the only case I've ever heard of the person who has the front end smashed getting off.

I'm reading all this about Insurance and I'm like.. God I'm lucky.  I had a speeding ticket on my record when i was 19 and I was insured on both a Jeep and a 94 Trans Am, full coverage on both and I was only paying 1600 a year in car insurance.  Although I do know that rates go down with two cars I didn't think they'd go down that much for a sports car and an offroad vehicle.

fabs

« Reply #1191 on: March 29, 2005, 05:37:43 pm »
In case it hasn't already been mentioned here (I really couldn't be bothered reading through all of the pages of this thread) this was posted at Initial D world http://www.geocities.com/go2initiald/right.html

[quote ]

(March 22nd, 2005)
         Good news !!! OB Planning had just announced that there will be two (2) new episodes (Episode 15 & 16) for Initial D Fourth Stage, which now consists of 16 episodes total. The air date for episode 15 - 16 is June 18th, 2005. And just in case you are wondering, air date for episode 13 - 14 is April 16th, 2005.    [/quote]

Anyway, I'll keep waiting for episodes 11 and 12 to be subbed be L-E. Can't wait to see what happens.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 30, 2005, 01:12:53 am »
what if somone reversed really fast into your front end is it still your fault. i mean if your in a parking lot or something cause if it still got pinned on me i would kill everyone at the insurance company
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 30, 2005, 02:13:26 am »
One word of advise, dont be like me. I have so far 6 speed tickets, 1 license ticket, and two suspens. No insurance company will actually insurce me (opps, shouldnt have said that). Anyway, my advice is dont speed and for the love of god, dont street race, eventually it will come back to u.
If u r wondering how I drive my car. Its under my dad's name and insurance. So technically and legally it his car.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 30, 2005, 05:22:01 am »
And that is why I do track days.

BTW dare I mention I managed to keep my insurance to under a grand (stirling) by having a quiet exhaust and keeping the cat on - knowing it's costing me 20-30 rwBHP (25-40 compared to flywheel (where manufacturers quote) (UK, European, Japanese & Australasian Dynos - not US - increase by another 25% for them - different way of reading power))

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 30, 2005, 08:12:24 am »
yeah we darn americans we cant do anything the way everyone else does... sometimes i wish we did things the same ways as the rest of the world... like the metric system. why do we need freaking inches and crap scrap it for teh more common system it would be easier but nooo noone listens to the guy who knows what hes talking about

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 30, 2005, 08:35:25 am »
Yeah, we keep telling our southern neighbor to switch. as far as Iam concerned Canada is not the backward country. Are the brits still using the imperial or have they switched to meteric too.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 30, 2005, 10:18:16 am »
Hi flow cat... 2 1/2 inch all the way through with two hi flow mufflers, little louder but zip power loss compaired to the other two...

Costing $390.00 AUD for a rear bumper removed, repainted and refitted... Ouchies for me...

It's costing me about a grand and a half for my stereo system in my car :(
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 01, 2005, 06:05:12 am »
I would like to say a big THANK U/ARIGATO. for the ID eps, Trully worth it.

DrDubbleB

« Reply #1199 on: April 01, 2005, 06:45:15 am »
Woohoo, they're out. :)  I can't wait to see them, thanks again to the entire LE crew. :)