Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 888756 times)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1365 on: May 01, 2005, 04:50:15 am »
Well, the fansubs I have now appear to be DVD encodes with different subtitles, simply put. The original ones I had were fansubs off video tape, so not really all that good :/ But as far as I can tell, they might still be using the AC3 audio in the encoding, as it appears to have 5.1 surround sound... Or it could just be my settings on audio, but I highly doubt it as it sounded far too realistic to be emulated (The timing was too good to be a software/hardware emulation).

So far I've had no codec issues with anything I have, which is brilliant... Bar the slight trouble I've had with WMV, which doesn't really bother me, I just re-encode the media to an avi based type, much nicer :)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 01, 2005, 05:05:14 am »
lol well I checked my files, and apperantly all 26 are bad... I had to get that stupid single BT link for stage 1 stage 2 and two movies... arg.. Ive uploaded 27 gigs in the last 3 days lol, and downloaded only 6... in any case, it appears that my BT link is linked to crap lol... I dont supposed you could drop me a line with the links you used could you?
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 01, 2005, 10:07:21 am »
URL DELETED by Tofusensei

Please don't post links to licensed anime here. ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 09:29:42 pm by Tofusensei »

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 01, 2005, 05:01:00 pm »
lol its the same one I used... I guess I can try once more, and maybe I will not get all corrupt eps... they played, then got all bad, then played, and bad... its like someone seeding a lot had nothing but bad and was put together that way
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 02, 2005, 03:00:17 pm »
i cant see them ending it in the next 2 episodes i think it will take 4 i mean theres still the s2000 from the new intro and the keiuske race plus there was thats dude who was complaining in the restraunt they pointed him out for some reason.
Wonder if they're trying to catch up with the manga.  While out in Japan a few weeks back I picked up the latest issue (30) and that contains the end of what appears to be a race with a S2000 - can't read hiragana (or kanji or katakana for that matter) so I can't tell what was going on.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 03, 2005, 10:30:08 am »
That would sound like a reason to keep it going... And I hope they do!

It's the only anime, bar Transformers, that I watch... And the best bit is, my brother doesn't try to watch it with me because he can't read yet :P

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 10, 2005, 02:08:12 am »
long time no post
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 10, 2005, 09:55:57 am »
Tucker did it!

Gah, been working so much lately, but getting the monies big time... Can pay off my credit card and move out!

Up next, car rego :(

Why does Japan have to make us wait for more Initial D? (I managed to get my collection back up to scratch, and I now have a moderately usefull paper weight)

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 12, 2005, 02:39:35 am »
good now, that all the noobs r gone. Now we can have chats, without being flamedm,pestered, or downright embarrased.
so anyway, tried that water in a cup thing like Takumi. lets just say its impossible, plain and simple. And no I aint a crappy driver, even my dad tried it, and he couldnt do it.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Corduroy Squirrel

« Reply #1374 on: May 12, 2005, 04:48:43 am »
You should try a slurpee, I find it much more successful.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 12, 2005, 04:55:34 am »
lol yeah that surface tension thing is in there for fun and giggles. water is too thin for that. youd have to use like corn syrup or something and on top of that be a top of the line best of the best driver most likely and it still probably wouldnt work... and yes slurpees rock my socks!
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 12, 2005, 06:01:43 am »
We tried the water thing in an AW11, and it didn't work so well... But looking at it and thinking about it... It's possible but only in very extreme cases, such is the way it works :-\\

My car's currently at the shop getting 17" rims fitted... So hopefully get some pics up once it's done, then I can start ripping apart a spare engine I got for free, and start rebuilding it... If anyone here is interested I'll put up a website about it?

Corduroy Squirrel

« Reply #1377 on: May 12, 2005, 02:15:40 pm »
<--- LE Forum noob.  What type of car are you fixing up?

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 12, 2005, 03:46:41 pm »
Australian made Holden Commodore VL. They come standard with an RB30E, which is a Nissan made engine (3L inline 6, SOHC)

Plan is to build up a RB30DE, combining the bottom end of the RB30E, with the head of an RB26DETT out of an R32 GTR, with RB25DE pistons. With a good exhaust, manual gearbox, LSD and the right diff ratio... It's a projected, hefty 180 - 190 RWKW (240 - 255RWHP)

Then after that, saving up a lot of cash for a nice whipple blower twin screw supercharger, yet another exhaust change, few other bits and pieces here and there.

That kinda sums it up, there's more, but I'm too tipsey to remember :P

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 12, 2005, 10:40:16 pm »
Cool project JC. I just bought another project car. A 1971 Datsun 240Z, bright red with only 64000miles on it, and a mint exterior/interior. My plan is iether to put a sr20de or sr20det on it, make it into a another drift car. I wish I lived near Z fever in cali, cause I know they would be able to put an RB26Dett into that. Always been my dream, to put a RB engine into the likes of 240z, 240sx, 300zx, etc.
anyway, good luck with ur project.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.