Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 888922 times)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1380 on: May 13, 2005, 03:03:11 am »
Cheers... And my advice would be start on a smaller block, say the SR20DET, as with the right sized turbo, it'll fly, considering the weight of the car it's going in.

VL's are only 1.2Ton, which is the same weight as the newer S15 Silvia/200SX, they're bloody light for a 18 year old car ;) So with about 400 or so hp at the wheels... You're flying
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 13, 2005, 09:33:26 pm »
nah, 400 at the wheels is to much. Maybe 300 or 365 if Iam feeling stupid. Going any higher and chasis will start to act up. Thats why I thought of spending the extra cash on tearing the car apart and reinforcing the chasis and spot welding it all over. When Iam done that, then yeah it will be able to handle 400, but still not better than any new car. My goal right now is to make it kill the Porche Boxter in every category. Why boxter, cause Iam sick of girlfriend making fun of me how I have slow car.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 14, 2005, 06:45:19 am »
Hrmm... Boxter... opposing 6...

Good luck there :P Those things are well balanced, so if you wanted to get close, need a lower centre of gravity to compair handling, and I don't think a rotary would fit in a 240Z, as that would be another engine that'd get you closer to the handling aspect. Brakes, disks all round... No questions there, and if you wanted to be sure they work properly, at least a 2spot caliper setup. But, yeah... Reinforce the body a bit more, then you can handle the torque...

So your gf has a boxter? In my opinion, that's a weak way of getting a "Faster car"... There's no fun in them, they're more expensive to modify, and... Yuck, as far as I'm concerned... Shows that they have too much money!

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 16, 2005, 10:22:55 pm »
what do u mean their no fun, its a blast to drive, just not enough horses me think.
BTW, she keeps it stock, and so what if it shows shes got money, Her dad worked his ass off, I think they deserve it.
Anyway, I Havent decided if I should take up this project yet, maybe I should just get a scooby STI and supe that up, since I know that car handels excellent. I dont know yet, I have a lot of thinking to do. I just wish the Lotus Elise was available here in Canada.

Corduroy Squirrel

« Reply #1384 on: May 17, 2005, 05:20:37 pm »
I say you save and get the 2006 Miata when it comes out.  You can boost that little sucker and I don't think it looks as girly as the current Miata's.  It sorta looks like a Z4.  Just my 2 cents.

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 17, 2005, 10:39:44 pm »
this is the typical stereotype of the miata. I love the miata, heck I never once thought it was chick car, especially after watching Drift Bible and other BMI. And I love the new Mazdaspeed MX-5 (Its real name). Though I would buy that car, I still need room for my golf clubs and other stuff, Miata is just toooo small. I havent made a decision though, I just looked at the new M45 sport, why that car, cause it comes with ATTESSA, the same as the skyline gtr. So now it iether M45 or STI.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 18, 2005, 01:00:47 pm »
My personal preference would be the STi... Always liked them, always will!

They're the car that inspired a hairbrained idea I had to convert my car (Or, better yet, a project VL), to have IRS and AWD :D *For the record, my gf thinks I'm crazy, but is willing to help me do the work... Love her heaps!*

STi munches most things on the road, so there's no problem there... But I guess it comes down to your preference and budget. Since I'm kinda broke *Yet again - I bought some mags for my car*, I wouldn't be buying a car, no matter for project or otherwise.

But, you sound like you have the cash, it's just what to spend it on!

BTW, what side of the road do you drive on Hellbent?

DARCnarc

« Reply #1387 on: May 18, 2005, 01:53:40 pm »
hey does anyone know where i can get ahold of the manga (online and free) for initial d, i tried searchin but couldnt get anywhere. Thx

Oh and btw, what do you guys reckon it is that Takumi has to 'do', its been plagueing me since i saw the episode, modify the car or his technique etc
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 01:57:25 pm by DARCnarc »

chichin0

« Reply #1388 on: May 18, 2005, 05:05:18 pm »
If I had to hazard a guess I would say Takumi has to stop racing the 86, he's outgrown it.  But I havent read the manga so I have no idea really.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 19, 2005, 03:05:36 am »
Well from what I gathered from the episode, he was trying to emulate the stability of the STi with the 86... And as most people know on here, that's damn near impossible due to the differences between AWD and RWD

I'd be thinking that he'll be changing cars, well... That's what I'd be doing... But to what, I don't know (Since Bunta was saying that the STi is his car, and he wouldn't let Tak race in it)

chichin0

« Reply #1390 on: May 19, 2005, 04:29:11 am »
I havent re-watched it, but i thought he said something like "It's his car, but Takumi could borrow it occasionally."  Besides the whole point of the last 6-7 years of Takumi's "training" has been to make him a better racer, I dont think his dad would hold him back now.  Could you imagine what he could do with awd? It would be freaky to say the least.

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 19, 2005, 04:30:04 am »
as far as I know, he hasnt changed cars yet in the manga. Remember the manga is far ahead.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 19, 2005, 05:28:20 am »
If im not mistaken in the episode Bunta says that he thinks Tak is about to give up on the 86 though thats not what hes aiming for.So I think Bunta wants him to do something with his technique. And Im sure they will have him figure it out and keep the 86...could you see him racing in something else for the rest of the time? It would be so odd i mean the Impreza he looks great in but i cant see him driving it or something similar for the rest of the time. I dont know, what other cars can you see Takumi in for the rest of time?
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 19, 2005, 11:40:26 am »
I don't know if Tak would be right to change cars right now... But, hey... I don't know.

If it was me, I'd be sticking with the 86 untill there was no possible way I could continue without changing cars, regardless... If I keep winning with the car, keep going untill it gets to the point where I have to change cars

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 22, 2005, 01:05:44 am »
agreed, I think he will just realize, that there is no way to beat your best efforts in a outdated and outmatched car, with a new and superior vehicle.  after all, if the driver is trying his best in two different cars, the better car will win.  I think that is all that will happen, knowning this, he may change his technique slightly, in different situations, but it seems he already knows the best way for his car.   Perhaps he will just learn how to deal with new challenges more, or perhaps he will race once vs that dude that was making fun of FR cars in the 86 and STI.
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)