Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 888189 times)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1950 on: November 16, 2005, 03:37:45 am »
it doesnt explain it because its not essential to the story, but we assume shes dead, because the few times shes mentioned it seems to be in reverence.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 16, 2005, 05:35:54 am »
perhaps it isn't necessary, however maybe in the movie, Bunta was in a wreck, killed her, and then started drinking. 

In the series, perhaps some unskilled nobody killed her, and that is why he is so obsessed with making sure Takumi is a skilled driver at first.

Oh well, I guess we may never know.
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 16, 2005, 09:09:27 am »
In the manga, when Natsuki comes round at X-Mas time, you are given the impression that Takumi was really young when she died, but again are given no more information about it.
If the movie menioned a cause then it was probably because some studio or director felt that it would dd depth, after all, lets be very honest here, after almsot 4 seasons of anime, several specials and 30+ manga (in Japan), just how much do we really know about the characters ? - not a lot.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 16, 2005, 01:07:02 pm »
Dapprman is right... Not sure I could write a bio on very many characters at all... Oh well
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline Plague

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 16, 2005, 05:19:07 pm »
I haven't read through much of this, but I will say that the ceramic coating helps.  It's also known as Jet Hot coating..

I don't think that's the same material. I have Jet Hot type coating on the headers in my Gran Sport and would agree I could use it on my WRX turbo components, too. I'd be suprised if that's the same stuff I could use inside my combustion chambers.

Offline e30ernest

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 16, 2005, 05:50:46 pm »
There are different kinds of ceramic coats AFAIK.  Some are meant to keep heat in (like the ones on piston heads, combustion chambers and exhaust manifolds) while some are meant to dissipate heat (like the ones the place on valve covers and intake manifolds).

DashRattleWRX

« Reply #1956 on: November 16, 2005, 11:07:27 pm »
I don't think that's the same material. I have Jet Hot type coating on the headers in my Gran Sport and would agree I could use it on my WRX turbo components, too. I'd be suprised if that's the same stuff I could use inside my combustion chambers.

I'm sure it's not exactly the same stuff, but it's the same basic idea.  Both are ceramic coatings.  I would imagine the stuff for piston tops is a little more durrable and probably more costly too..

Offline Plague

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 16, 2005, 11:27:33 pm »
Yeah, I agree with you. I got hung-up cause Jet Hot is a brand of thermal barrier (like all nasal tissues are usually called by the brand name Kleenex). I was a little too particular back there. Sorry about that.

DashRattleWRX

« Reply #1958 on: November 17, 2005, 01:28:46 am »
So you got a rex?  Frequent any subie forums?

Offline Plague

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 17, 2005, 01:39:45 am »
Check your PMs.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 18, 2005, 11:40:47 pm »
so whats new? i jsut got the estimate on my front end repairs(hit a big branch that i missed in teh middle fo teh night) about 1400bucks for a new front bumper and front spoiler, glad my insurance is covering it...what about you guys?
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 19, 2005, 12:55:15 am »
joined a marksmanship club...

and only thing with my car is another crack in the windshield.. yes, another... and my gas mileage, is being the suck lately because of cold weather I guess, I am gonna be like 25mpg.. instead of my usual 35plus....

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 19, 2005, 02:21:44 am »
I just got my radiator welded up to fix a leak in one of the side tanks... Buying a new clutch next week to replace the whole lot, bearings and all...

Participated in a "friendly" race at the tracks on the weekend, got disqualified from the second race due to my "tyres being too wide"... I've got 8" ones instead of the 7.5" *shrugs*

And I got a few people addicted to Initial D, but I'm cruel... Giving them one episode a week :D
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 19, 2005, 02:34:19 am »
LMAO one a week...at least they get to start from season one and have a lot to look forward to... and you arent aloud to have wider than 7.5inch tires at your track or is that all track, and do mean drag or circuit?, and 35 plus mpg what kind of do car you driv?

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 19, 2005, 02:49:25 am »
lol, ive got a 2000 civic.. cheap, reliable, and efficient, the makings of a school teacher's car lol... slow... but fast enough to be safe on the road.