Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933668 times)

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #990 on: March 03, 2005, 07:48:48 pm »
hrm, well this SS 86 does not rev to 11,000, even on full everything it hits a rev limiter at hrm, 10,100-10,200   still, it gets the power, and is a really fun and good car to drive.
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

chichin0

« Reply #991 on: March 03, 2005, 09:18:20 pm »
My mistake... Shigeno is not the drift king.  However, I dont think it would be incorrect to say he is in the drift scene.  As for the car in GT3 and 4 I have read in quite a few places that it is modeled off of Shigeno's real car.  They could be wrong though.  As for the rev limit that could have just been a decision by Polyphony Digital to limit it, or perhaps the show is a little exagerated... who knows?  As for a real life super hachi-roku, this is worth checking out: http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/IIda%20AE86%20project.htm . Dont know if it has been posted on these boards before (67 pages is a lot to go through) so i apologize if it is a repost.

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 03, 2005, 11:50:12 pm »
Yeah I read that before,  Iida Akira's AE86 is the god of all 86s, even the drift king himself doesnt have a 86 like that (thought he could easily get one if he wanted). Over $100,000 was spent on it, and thats not including the special engine which has been locked at only 9000 rpm for realibility reasons. Anyway anyone intrested should read that article.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 04, 2005, 04:43:47 am »
Thats awesome,i wish i had 100,000 USD to spend on a car=(
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 04, 2005, 06:55:09 am »
My mistake... Shigeno is not the drift king.  However, I dont think it would be incorrect to say he is in the drift scene.

Yeah he is definitely in the drift scene, The man owns one each of pretty much all the major cars featured in Initial D
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 04, 2005, 11:19:16 am »

Yeah he is definitely in the drift scene, The man owns one each of pretty much all the major cars featured in Initial D

No he is not.  It is a clip from Tsuchiya Keiichi's Drift Bible (now available through the Best Motoring International label).

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 05, 2005, 12:12:32 am »
no they dont mean the scene in the show they mean like on the scene like he knows whats what and whos who =)
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 05, 2005, 12:54:15 am »
ahh, so desu, gomen

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 05, 2005, 04:37:44 am »
no they dont mean the scene in the show they mean like on the scene like he knows whats what and whos who =)

Correctamundo - I don't even know what clip you're refering too, I have a copy of the Drift Bible I haven't watched it all the way through though
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

3sgte

« Reply #999 on: March 05, 2005, 07:14:00 am »
The clip being referred to is a scene in the early days where the gas stand crew is sitting in a room at the gas station watching some drifting on a TV.

Brokenimage0: Thanks.
I didn't even realize where the source of the confusion was. I read "scene" to mean hanging out and who's who...

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 05, 2005, 10:53:01 am »
just doing my job =)

lfepooh124

« Reply #1001 on: March 05, 2005, 03:54:00 pm »
the scene is actually when the gas station owner whose bunta's homie (forgot his name) is watching takumi interact with itsuki and iketani.  i believe it is a blue car, not sure cause I'm drunk right now, but they clown on him because he does a weird movement with his hand, like he's turning into a corner and they think he's full of sh*t.  but anywho (my trademark word) let's just thank LE for all the hardwork they are putting in the 4th stage of initial d.  btw, i'm drunk but i will still out drink anyone, anytime, anywhere, anyplace. = ) have a good morning everyone! (i'm in santa barbara, california, USA..... it's an hour and a half north of los angeles)

your local neighborhood alcoholic,
LFE Pooh

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 06, 2005, 12:55:21 am »
in one seen its an NSX and in another scene its the S14 from the Drift Bible if im not mistaken.

OfTheSin

« Reply #1003 on: March 06, 2005, 10:41:35 pm »
That piece is directly from the Drift Bible.  Very good instructional video; The King takes you exactly through what needs to be done to get what everyone wants - teh perfect slide.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 07, 2005, 01:24:07 am »
yeah i have it here as well its sooo good