Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 888439 times)

Offline DeadAlready911

• kl33my Hero
  • Very Dead, Very Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 09:42:15 pm »
Why do we need to make dvds?

piopio

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2004, 09:56:35 pm »
Why do we need to make dvds?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not being unappreciative or saying you need to.  Just thought it would be a neat idea since it might be less work to produce (ie no reencoding), and people could watch it in their dvd players ^_^

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2004, 10:36:16 pm »
After the ep was released we realized the mistake about the V6 part.

The saying is shit happens and nobody is perfect.
Ep 2 will be out soon.

Thanks

Vash
Vash XD

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2004, 11:24:25 pm »

Don't misunderstand, I'm not being unappreciative or saying you need to.  Just thought it would be a neat idea since it might be less work to produce (ie no reencoding), and people could watch it in their dvd players ^_^

i  wondering why but i'm sure i don't have the same opinion as you regarding fansub ....
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 01:36:49 am »
I have a comment on the subbing for ep. 1

I don't know if this was a translation error or a factual error in the original japanese script.

when the guy with the Miata ('90-'93 Eunos Roadster) is talking about his engine mods, the subtitle says
"this time, I bored out the 1600 v6 to an 1800"

The engine in those cars was an I4 not a v6.

also the displacment could be noted as 1600cc or 1.6L for none car knowing fans.

EpOx

Actually, it's something else entirely. Someone on IRC brought this up, and got the idea to check the engine code. Mazda Miatas from roughly 1990-1993 used, as you pointed out, a 1.6-liter, 4-cylinder engine. The engine code used for this engine is "B6ZE". The B6 designate it as a 1.6-liter engine, and the rest are for more detailed parameters ('Z' for high-performance and 'E' for electronic fuel injection, put simply.)

Anyway, Tohru was saying that he bored out his 1.6-liter B6 to a 1.8, using the engine code. Since B-sounds and V-sounds are indistinguishable in Japanese, this got translated as "V6". We're not mechanics or MX-3 nuts, so this very technical detail slipped by. Oh well... "the more you know," and all that. We'll try to keep on our toes with things like this in the future. :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 01:38:00 am by Yoten »

Red_Suns_FC3S

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 02:30:25 am »
I just wanted to thank you guys for the wonderful job you did releasing a qaulity sub. Everybody makes mistakes. And engine codes are endless. Keep up the good work and I look foward to seeing episode 2.

Thanks,

- Slade ;D

felixtan

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2004, 03:58:04 pm »
When will eps. 2 get release???? Please do let me know....I have downloaded the eps. 1.......also have finished watch it as well.... ;D

Thanks....

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004, 10:27:58 pm »
Episode 2 was just released about an hour ago. Enjoy. :P

Offline Shenanigans

• n00b Hero
  • I'm full of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2004, 12:16:52 am »

Anyway, Tohru was saying that he bored out his 1.6-liter B6 to a 1.8, using the engine code. Since B-sounds and V-sounds are indistinguishable in Japanese, this got translated as "V6". We're not mechanics or MX-3 nuts, so this very technical detail slipped by.

you all are my heros.  that was the most straigtforward description of a translation error i have ever seen from a fansubing group.

thank you for being up front with everyone and for putting out such a great release.   ;D

--
Shenanigans

BOZZY

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2004, 12:20:44 am »
I was wondering if you guys are gonna release the DVD-subbed versions as well or just the ones from TV?

Anyways I just noticed an error in episode 2 when the new character (Daiki) appears at the end of the episode... He is on his cell phone talking to a former member of his racing school (Toudou Juuku) and refers to him as Tomo-san, not father as is the case in the sub... I don't mean to rag or anything... Just thought I'd point it out...

With the errors in the episodes are you guys thinking of releasing fixed versions much like some other groups do?

BOZZY

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2004, 12:21:46 am »
Oh and if you guys need clarifications on technical stuff I am more than happy to help out...

Red_Suns_FC3S

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2004, 01:17:13 am »
Did anybody have an error when they were watching the end of the intro song of the second episode right at the part when it say project D. It's get pixely for me and than windows medial player crashes. I think mabey the download get messed up or something. Can anybody verify this? I was able to get around it by scrubbing ahead... but...

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 01:19:00 am by Red_Suns_FC3S »

Shift_

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2004, 01:18:17 am »
Well I can understand your car lingo, I think Initial D will be a VERY hard anime to fansub if you're not upto date with your cars and their lingo.

There were a few places that didn't make any sence when it came to cars, but I just thought about it and it made sence.

There's one last comment I have, you reveresed the names in the fansubs, to make them like "surname" then "familyname" like it is in european cultures, however asians always put family name first.  It wasn't a big deal, but it did bug me more than the car terms.

epox_999

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2004, 01:49:52 am »
Good spot on the engine, it's a 1.6lit b6p (non-turbo ver. of the '89 323gtx engine)

lots of mazda 4cyl engine info here.
http://members.aol.com/solomiata/MX5Engine.html

I've had a 2.2 FE in my old 626
and a 2.0 FZ in my new protege 5

Test drove a RX-8 yesterday, pretty fast...

Also does anyone know what YEAR 4th stage takes place in?  I think I remember that the earlier seasons took place around 1994-1995?  I think it was directly mentioned in an eariler show, that is why in Second Stage EMPEROR's LanEvo were only up to the EVOIV ('96 model).

BUT... in episode 2  of fourth stage, Keisuke's FD3S RX-7 goes against a R34 Skyline GT-R (you can tell by the taillights).  The R34 did not come out till '99.

Did the story skip a few years?

EpOx

Actually, it's something else entirely. Someone on IRC brought this up, and got the idea to check the engine code. Mazda Miatas from roughly 1990-1993 used, as you pointed out, a 1.6-liter, 4-cylinder engine. The engine code used for this engine is "B6ZE". The B6 designate it as a 1.6-liter engine, and the rest are for more detailed parameters ('Z' for high-performance and 'E' for electronic fuel injection, put simply.)

Anyway, Tohru was saying that he bored out his 1.6-liter B6 to a 1.8, using the engine code. Since B-sounds and V-sounds are indistinguishable in Japanese, this got translated as "V6". We're not mechanics or MX-3 nuts, so this very technical detail slipped by. Oh well... "the more you know," and all that. We'll try to keep on our toes with things like this in the future. :P

Red_Suns_FC3S

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2004, 02:28:48 am »
Fixed my problem. Make sure everybody you have the latest XVID codec. It will solve a lot of problems.