Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 887762 times)

Drift

Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #960 on: February 28, 2005, 04:02:09 am »
Man the game on PC sucked so bad. Its easy to know that it was made by some Americans programmers instead of Japanese dudes. The game song even sucked more. Man if i hear anyone singing that song in my school and saying that's Initial D, i'll be kicking his arse. But that game that Sega made for the arcades rocked. I can't stop playing it. :)

Mikku

« Reply #961 on: February 28, 2005, 04:30:27 am »
Man the game on PC sucked so bad. Its easy to know that it was made by some Americans programmers instead of Japanese dudes. The game song even sucked more. Man if i hear anyone singing that song in my school and saying that's Initial D, i'll be kicking his arse. But that game that Sega made for the arcades rocked. I can't stop playing it. :)

its pretty, they could have done it better, i think that initial d games is a mob of daytona usa hint hint sega made the game...... when i'm playing the initial d ps2. but GT4 ROCKS!!!! oh.... theres online for gt4.... i bet looks initial d fans will get it even if its not online. but i couldn't find the 86 in there gt4. they had it in gt3.. (so sad).

Tofuboi

« Reply #962 on: February 28, 2005, 04:51:22 am »
For AE86, you have to look around in the historic showroom for a used one.  I have one, but I don't know how to get it to drift.  The settings I had in gt3 don't work now, so hard to get the tail loose in corners.

Just_J

« Reply #963 on: February 28, 2005, 04:53:36 am »
Sapporo

That's the beer I was referring too. Good stuff.

Mikku

« Reply #964 on: February 28, 2005, 07:37:53 am »
i found an 83 hehe -_-.. no 86
>.<

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 28, 2005, 11:33:41 am »
For AE86, you have to look around in the historic showroom for a used one.  I have one, but I don't know how to get it to drift.  The settings I had in gt3 don't work now, so hard to get the tail loose in corners.

You ougt to try getting one in the UK.  There are a few over in Ireland that are ex-rally cars and as a result ahve been driven to hell, either that or you have to get a way-over priced one from auction in Japan, though I hear prices might be dropping again (Initial D caused the prices to rocket).  Having said that, what is left over there and is for sale probably isn't worth toughing.

Tofuboi

« Reply #966 on: February 28, 2005, 12:48:59 pm »
Um, Dapprman, I was talking about Gran Turismo 4 sorry about the confusion. I wish I could go to UK to get an 86, but I already have an integra I'm saving up money to turbo. Mikku, Corolla GT-S/Trueno Apex from '83-'87 are all 86s. AE86 is the chasis (or is it engine? not sure) code, so your '83 is still an 86.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 12:52:52 pm by Tofuboi »

3sgte

Re: AE86
« Reply #967 on: February 28, 2005, 03:32:45 pm »
Um, Dapprman, I was talking about Gran Turismo 4 sorry about the confusion. I wish I could go to UK to get an 86, but I already have an integra I'm saving up money to turbo. Mikku, Corolla GT-S/Trueno Apex from '83-'87 are all 86s. AE86 is the chasis (or is it engine? not sure) code, so your '83 is still an 86.

AE 86 is the model code for the "sports" version.

To clarify, or be overly precise, remember that there is the  Hachi-GO (AE 85) that gets turboed...

This is a RWD or FR (Front engine Rear drive) model

"A" refers to the engine code (4AGE)
"E" refers to Corolla

"86" refers to the version of the chassis.

Later FF (Front engine Front drive) Corollas can have model codes such as (not a comprehensive list)

AE92 AE95(4WD)
AE101 AE102
AE111

Models ending in a "5" are typically 4WD

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 01, 2005, 12:23:03 am »

That's alright, I'm wondering how I can get from Shinjuku to the Knightsport and Re-Amamaya garages next month when I head out to check up on the roads.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 01, 2005, 01:51:39 am »
grrrr i want to play gt4 but i dont have any money and no job
::curses lousy ass south florida::
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 01, 2005, 02:14:38 am »
I bought GT4 on the first day, popped the disc in the PS2 and just stunned at the level of quality of the game. but its sooo easy to get money in GT4, in the first day alone I had over 500,000 credits and well over 5 cars. Do Rally de Umbria and win the the 265,000 toyota and sell it. Since now u can clear the trophies and win the cars again.
trully an awsome game
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Offline GooWakJai

• Condor Hero
  • I am Young and Dangerous (uh huh;)
    • View Profile
    • My World
« Reply #971 on: March 01, 2005, 03:14:13 am »
The Initial D for GBA isn't pretty bad either, I mean even the music soudn a lil eurobeat-ish.  I guess its better when its RPG for sumthin that doesn't produce a lotta quality graphics.  If it was regular racin then I would've said it sucked
Scars of the Past.  Memories of Pain

Offline Ryouske

• n00b Hero
  • OHMIGOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 01, 2005, 07:11:03 am »
I dl'd Initial D: Special Stage.... someone please tell me how to work it. It's an ISO file. My ps2 isn't modded and the emu seems kinda scratchy.
Wai~ Wai~

3sgte

« Reply #973 on: March 01, 2005, 07:39:46 am »
Ryouske: use Nero or equiv to "burn from a saved poject"

Offline Ryouske

• n00b Hero
  • OHMIGOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 01, 2005, 08:49:05 am »
and what do i do from there?