Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 887815 times)

chichin0

Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1455 on: June 29, 2005, 02:50:09 am »
Once money gets involved its a copy-right issue, regardless of national origin of material.  The anime companies in japan usually turn a blind eye to subbers because it does all the market testing for them, and they arent losing potential revenue (yet).  By seeing what is heavily downloaded the anime companies get an informal poll of what series should be brought to the states (and the rest of the world).  If money gets involved i think the anime companies would not want to be losing money and would come down on L-E with any kind of "hammer" they could get their hands on.  If you think that they cant touch you because you live in a different country, you're wrong.  The USA does it all the time (cue all jokes about U.S. overstepping international authority here).

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 29, 2005, 03:47:29 am »
I understand that, I would want to do things other then sub for people who just want it and want it now. But what if money was offered? Would it be possible to bribe the staff of L-E? Not meaning this as a joke, but a serious question...

We will only sub if you pay each member of L-E and IDE the equivalent of Bill Gates fortune  ;D
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 29, 2005, 03:57:07 am »
i hate to be cliche but

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #1458 on: June 29, 2005, 03:57:33 am »
[18:48] <Sun_Tze> just posting the delay warning on the forum made at least 5 or 6 IDtards cry
[18:48] <tlynnec> hahahahahaha
[18:49] <tlynnec> suffering IDtards ^_^
[18:49] <crypticgimp> god they need to get over it already and get brains
[18:49] <crypticgimp> i'm sure some mad scientist has a few extra brains to pass out
[18:49] <Mamo-chan> i hate ID tards -_-
[18:49] <Mamo-chan> delay 15 on purpose
[18:49] <crypticgimp> more then narutards?
[18:50] <Sun_Tze> Mamo-chan: there's already a 10 day delay
[18:50] * tlynnec contemplates posting this part of the conversation on the ID forum ^_~
[18:50] <Mamo-chan> :O
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

chichin0

« Reply #1459 on: June 29, 2005, 04:00:52 am »
Well I guess it would be deserved... But I am reminded of an old quote about one bad apple.

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #1460 on: June 29, 2005, 04:38:08 am »
one bad apple.... attracts a lot of worms?
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

chichin0

« Reply #1461 on: June 29, 2005, 04:43:59 am »
I was thinking more along the lines of "ruins the whole bunch."

OfTheSin

« Reply #1462 on: June 29, 2005, 05:56:12 am »
Mind if I can get someone who knows Japanese to help me a little bit?  Looking for lyrics to something.  Would much appreciate the help.

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 29, 2005, 07:51:26 am »

DrDubbleB

« Reply #1464 on: June 29, 2005, 09:54:47 am »
I was thinking more along the lines of "ruins the whole bunch."

While this is true can you really blame them?  Every two months LE does an excellent job subbing ID, and every two months the day the new episodes come out people jump all over them asking when they will release the episodes.  If I were in their position I would do the same thing.  It pisses me off to no end when people ask for things that they know I'm going to deliver, but are too damned impatient to wait.

I'm a very impatient person, but this is my favorite show and it's worth the wait.  Sometimes I wish all threads that were related to ID would be closed; nothing constructive ever takes place in them and this is not a damned car forum.  While I respect that you all love cars - I do too - and the anime is also about cars that line of conversation is off-topic and quite frankly annoying when trying to find out the latest information about the series.
[/rant]

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 29, 2005, 10:35:46 am »
We will only sub if you pay each member of L-E and IDE the equivalent of Bill Gates fortune  ;D

Y'know... On paper, he's rich, in reality, he's only got a few million :P All his "net worth" (har har har) is in his shares... Remove the shares... And he's kinda gone ;)

Anyway, I don't blame L-E for putting it back, I hate being pressured at work over anything really... Rushed jobs don't mean it's a good job! (For the record, I'm a flooring contractor, mostly doing work in hospitals [Intensive care is a good one] and we can't rush the job, or it does literally risk lives)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Morphic8

« Reply #1466 on: June 30, 2005, 05:29:11 am »
Yes, rush jobs aren't that great.  And usually, when people want it now, you're immediate answer is no.  But you have to also look at it at OUR perspective.  Things get done, other teams (not necessarily speed subbers) get things done in a fair amount of time.  I was really shocked at the fact that eps 12 and 13 took over a month to sub, but yet 13 and 14 were done in less than a week.  Now i don't normally watch these forums, or anime forums in general, because i find them immature. And yes, people that ask for the sub the second the RAW is out, are annoying..but those people are always going to exist, you can't do anything about that.  And I know and appreciate that you guys are doing this in your spare time, believe me, if i could do it myself, i would try.  All i'm saying, is whiny prepubesant teenagers are always going to exist.  But if you have fans, people that like your product (which IS always top notch)  then why not try to please them. 

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 30, 2005, 06:40:16 am »
(Morphic8 this isn't exactly directed at you, but I have heard entirely too much on this topic... and this had to be said)

Answer, because it is not their job to "please" us.  However I feel it is our job to show thanks and please them.  These people are truely incredible. 

Think about it.  Huge companies and corporations create subtitles for this stuff all the time, and they take months, in some cases, years to complete a job.  Most of the time it is not as good as these few outstanding individuals. 

I mean, I guess they don't do much in reality... They only get the raws,  use their own networks and equipment, use their obviously large knowledgebase, take tedious time to create a flawless quality, perfectly timed product...  Oh, and that something that is mentioned a lot, but not nearly enough... they do it for free, when in reality it has probably cost those individuals several thousand dollars, and hundreds of hours of work time, just to start and do it once... 

Do they have a choice in that? Yup, they sure do.  They could....
A: Continue as they are.
B: Stop all together.
C: Start their own buisness and make money doing this... (for the person/people saying they couldn't do that.  The underground around here is pretty large, and having a fanbase to buy off you loyally from the beginning is essencially the most important part.  Licenses cost too much? They simply would need to go to an established company with their crew, and set up as an internal office for a cut... then go from there.)

To the other comments made about it taking longer, sometimes it does, but they postponed it because of whiners. 

Anyways... back to the whole "pleasing" thing.  I don't care how long it takes, they spend a lot of money, and take a lot of their (probably very limited) free time to give us a product that is top notch, for no fee whatsoever.  To me, that is more than pleasing their fanbase...  So before anyone else says LE needs to please or try to do things quicker not minding the people that annoy them all while using their bandwidth.   Try to keep in mind exactly what they are doing, and realize, that if that isn't enough to please you, you probably don't deserve being given their gifts in the first place.

I've said it before, and this post has said it again...  But... Thank you LE, for ALL, not just this single series that you have given us.  If there is an award for doing this sorta thing, you certainly deserve it.  Give yourself a pat on the back!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 06:42:14 am by CooBlueDAB »
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 30, 2005, 07:49:38 am »
Perhaps slightly OT here.

However perhaps some insight in to what motivates *me* as a fansubber.

I will admit its nice to see high torrent stats on something that I've worked on, everyone gets the gratification of seeing that people are downloading on what they've worked on.

However my main project is Sailor Moon Musicals. I hope that Live-eviL will soon be releasing the 2004 Summer Special Musical - Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu which is 2.25 hours long.

I've been working on that thing for EIGHT months now. Now I wouldn't have taken that project on if I was in this business just for getting gratification from leechers. I do it because -
1) I'm a fan of the musicals and hence had good raw source to work with XD
2) I'm a karaoke timing whore (you gotta be with 22 songs to karaoke XD)
3) I wanted to test my skills and improve them
(Yes I admit that I am not the perfect typesetter and encoder yet but I'm still learning from great people and I've had help from people who know what they're doing)

However most importantly

4) Because I'm a fan of the musicals and I just wanted to understand what was being said and to be able to share that understanding with a few people.

That has been my driving force and self motivation is I just wanted to know what they were saying !!!.

When it gets released it might only get 2,000 downloads but those 2,000 people will be able to like me enjoy being able to watch the musical and understand every single world and will appreciate the long struggle and all the work that has gone in to getting the thing subbed.

Now I know that probably 98% of the people reading this thread will think "OMG Sailor Moon and in a musical now that <sucks / is gay / is stupid" However I hope that at least some of you might try it out when its released. You never know you might actually have fun  ;)

</End Off topic rant>

Regards

gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

tesdall

« Reply #1469 on: June 30, 2005, 08:58:20 am »
I have read over the very intense Post ahead of this..and i have had one question ... and one question only...when will the subs be released usually they try to do it on the same day each month or whatever, just so i have something to look foward to..and btw i leave the bt open for as long as i can just so they don't have to waste to much of there BW.

I don't want this to be rude or whatever someone may take this as, i would just like to have an idea of the releases.. please be kind to this post as it was not noobish/sarcastic/hatefull to any other posts. and i do know this that even though there may be a set date it may not come out on that date WHICH IS FINE BY ME....sigh..i don't know how to not step on anyones toes, and if i can help in any process to help with cost or help with distro/bandwith (bw)/or anything else please let me know.

|EVIL|DoW