Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 931325 times)

chaineezee

Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1605 on: August 15, 2005, 11:56:10 pm »
hey... i thought i saw a GTO drifting sumwhere in some magazine... it was like some GM performance team... anyways.. it didnt do too good...

ReMiXau

« Reply #1606 on: August 16, 2005, 01:51:53 am »
the vk was aussie only lol.
here in qld we have heaps of aussie cars drifting now.

its making the compertition really interesting because all the import drives dont want to be beaten by an aussie car and vise versa.

the aussie drift mag "drift battle" is being sold state side now, if you can find it its a really good read its 100% about drift and covers aussie rounds, d1 both usa and jpn and they have heaps of other jpn rounds and touge runs. its a really good mag.

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 16, 2005, 05:45:44 am »
Slight status update on ep 16: our encoder's computer exploded (his motherboard, that is), further evidence that this project is CURSED, so it's going to be halted at the encode phase for a while. Maybe a 16-18 release bundle wouldn't be so bad...

ReMiXau

« Reply #1608 on: August 16, 2005, 11:34:56 am »
cheers for the update :)

man that sucks though :/ been waiting so long lol

oh well

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 16, 2005, 11:50:55 am »
Well... Looks like my car is having a shit time... Quite possible that the head is on it's way out (In my daily driver)... And if the mechanic can't fix it (I don't have the time :(), it'll probably go boom, and set me back a fair bit...

Well, actually, not really... Just means that it'll take me longer to get the project car running as I have to rebuild part of it's engine so I can put it in there and use that... Thus meaning I can't put the RB26DETT head on that I'm ordering fairly shortly, as I need the pistons too, else it'll be a complete slug :(

VL's arn't good for drifting, too much body flex, and I laugh at people who try to, then wonder why they kill wheel bearings and so on due to the force of the body flex :P

I'd donate a motherboard, as I have a few spare, but he'd need a Socket A (AMD), and it's gotta come from Perth to wherever in the world... Thus, expensive :(
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

drakelord

« Reply #1610 on: August 16, 2005, 09:10:55 pm »
Slight status update on ep 16: our encoder's computer exploded (his motherboard, that is), further evidence that this project is CURSED, so it's going to be halted at the encode phase for a while. Maybe a 16-18 release bundle wouldn't be so bad...

Oiiiiii.... just send me what you need encoded, and I can do it;

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 16, 2005, 11:21:27 pm »
YAY A GIFT FROM GOD!
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 17, 2005, 12:09:03 am »

hahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha

Ahem

AHAhahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha,  sry bout that. Just couldnt help myself, every little ID fanboy just pissed his pants because of that. Cursed it is.
I too would donate a board, unfortently Iam fresh out. Hopefully he can fix it. Dont worry about fixing it fast. Make sure its fixed properly. So what if its delayed. Some of us have patience. lol at all the ID fanboys with no patience.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

ReMiXau

« Reply #1613 on: August 17, 2005, 02:49:49 am »

VL's arn't good for drifting, too much body flex, and I laugh at people who try to, then wonder why they kill wheel bearings and so on due to the force of the body flex :P

our vk has custom coilovers(proberly one of the only vks in australia to have them), strut tower bars and  nolathane bushes
and its weighs exactly the same as an s13.

as much as i want him in a jap drifter, its his car and hes doing it. so no flame wars over my team mates choice of car please.

chaineezee

« Reply #1614 on: August 17, 2005, 02:59:18 am »
hey...i would shit my pants if i started watching ep.17 and all of a sudden...some aussie car zooms by instead.... but that wouldnt happen.... :o

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 17, 2005, 04:15:24 am »
L:O:L yeah i agree.i dont think i would be able to get my jaw off the ground.it would be the same if i say a viper or something fly around in ID.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 17, 2005, 04:24:41 am »
god I would love to see an E36 M3 appear in ID. But since  SS is humping Japanesse cars all the time. We wont get to see that happen.
I love Japanesse cars(skyline anyone). but theres so many cars that are just ripe for drifting. E36. VK, Starion, a few Benzes, Mustang,Z4,any 3-series,and one of my fav euro car. The Elise. I really do wish to see some of those cars in ID.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 17, 2005, 04:09:44 pm »
Wasn't a flame mate... And notice "VL" and "VK"... Letter difference :P

VK has an older, sturdier frame compaired to the VL, which was a bit of a nut job, but extremely popular :P

Someone had one on Ebay a while ago that they wanted about $30,000.00 for or something, as it'd only done 2,000km in it's entire life, and was "AS NEW"... Hah!
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 17, 2005, 06:32:16 pm »
So I assume that me having and driving an L reg Nissan Sunny 1.3L? hatchback = I suck as far as car fandom goes ?  ;D

Albeit it's got a nice kick to it. Theres nothing better for me than going up Gathurst Hill which is a hill with a 30 degree incline on it near where I live. Pull away in first gear at the traffic lights at the bottom, slip it in to second and then FOOT TO THE FLOOR. It's nice doing 30mph up such a steep hill though I'm guessing I'm not treating my car engine very well am I ? XD;;;;

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 17, 2005, 11:45:41 pm »
A few more runs like that. And it'll blow up in ur face. Take it Downhill instead. as much as I hate to say this. But ID is right about that, power on the downhill is not as great as uphill