Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 931546 times)

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1755 on: September 17, 2005, 11:54:35 pm »
People who keep insisting that Tokyopop's version "ruined" the series are morons. I've said this countless times, and I guess I'll say it again -- their DVDs are NOT edited/censored/oppressed in any way! There is a "classic" mode you can watch all of the episodes in that is EXACTLY the same as the original! Anyone who thinks otherwise is either ignorant and/or is jumping onto the anti-Tokyopop bandwagon because they think it makes them look cool. And the DVDs are dirt cheap, too. You can get them from http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com for like $12 a DVD. So just quit whining...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 11:56:25 pm by Yoten »

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 18, 2005, 12:03:53 am »
i say it sucks because the dubs make them all sound like ninja turtles...1993 style...not becuase of editing or anything...personally the ninja turtle way of speaking had its day...which is why people dont talk that way anymore. but please lets not start a war...i just prefer the japanese with english subs its like that with every anime i watch.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

3sgte

« Reply #1757 on: September 18, 2005, 01:00:27 am »
Are you saying that there is no original soundtrack + subs option?

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 18, 2005, 01:18:56 am »
nope im just saying they could have done a better job on the english dubs.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 18, 2005, 03:07:25 am »
Yeah... Having the japanese soundtrack would've been better, but then you would've had people going "WTF is this song about?" *brain implodes*
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 18, 2005, 05:18:04 pm »
lets stay on topic people...

but on the music... It isnt popular just because it is played a lot.  It was marketed as the best, and the newest hot thing... It has nothing to do with what people actually think.  I suck, but if I was gullable, a record company would make me the next big thing... and no would think twice because I would have been already set as the best in someone's eyes... false advertising....
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline dr_ishmael

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 18, 2005, 07:48:54 pm »

Ouch...  Can we please not flame each other?  There's no reason to insult anyone's intelligence based on his/her music preferences.  (I LOVE Eurobeat myself, and I hold a Master's degree in Computational Chemistry.)  Your statement about buying a Japanese PS2 (when you can much more easily buy a region-free DVD player or adjust your DVD-ROM drive's settings) and your improper use of commas in the second sentence don't do much for my impression of you, either.

Initial D is a great series one of the main flaws I see with the series are the euro-beat sounds. This may have been ok when the series first started but at this point it does not fit the series. IF you havent noticed the euro- beat sound is slowly being phased out of the Japanese version in favor of a hip hop/ rock style.

Actually, I think it's only rock - I haven't noticed much of a hip-hop influence in the ID4S music (but then, I don't really understand what "hip-hop" is anyway).  And it's not that "they" are phasing out Eurobeat at all -- Eurobeat *itself* is evolving, retaining its electronica roots while adapting rock sounds to fit within that framework.  Just check out any of the recent Super Eurobeat compilations - it's still Eurobeat, but with a new sound.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:35:30 pm by Spymon »

kansai22

« Reply #1762 on: September 19, 2005, 12:33:10 am »
You ask where the hip hop is in Initial D. In the opening and closing themes half the lyrics are rapped. As I said before Hip hop and Nu Jazz and huge in Japan. ( Dabo, Soul out, Crystal Kay, M-Flo Jazztronik, Kyoto Jazz Massive, Dj Krush ect.

I only flamed him because of his racist statement. Any individual that would make such a statement clearly is not the most intelligent person; and more than likely part of an under class of America such as trailer trash.

Now you ask why I advised him to purchase a Japanese PS2 verses getting a region free DVD player. First he could use the PS2 to play Japanese games as well as movies. Second I have not seen very many high quality region free players. I have a separate Japanese DVD player and a JP PS2. You ask why not change computer DVD regional setting; I have a 110 inch screen with a Qualia 004 projector, every TV in my house is 50 inches or larger except the exercise room and kitchen. Do you really believe I want to watch on my pc screen?

Moving on to a new topic I really enjoy Live- Evils subs because my Japanese is not at the level where I can catch most of the dialog watching through the first time. Keep up the good work guys.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 19, 2005, 12:59:03 am »
hmmm with cash like that its a wonder you didnt get s-video and hook your pc up to a 50 inch tv? what do you do for a living? and please stop being so judgemental, i know you only did it because blah blah blah, but by doing it your no better than he was for making the comment.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:36:46 pm by Spymon »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 19, 2005, 01:10:44 am »
You'll be pleased to know that the translator finished translating by 17+18 today so the subbing process is now underway.

No guarentees will be made about time taken to complete the whole process.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 19, 2005, 02:13:10 am »
sweet...good timing too im sure it was only about a day til people started asking again.

Offline e30ernest

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 19, 2005, 03:52:46 am »
You'll be pleased to know that the translator finished translating by 17+18 today so the subbing process is now underway.

No guarentees will be made about time taken to complete the whole process.

-gumbaloom

That's great news!  Thanks for the update. ;)

Offline debchan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 19, 2005, 04:41:08 am »
Thanks for the update, gumbaloom!

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 19, 2005, 08:58:37 am »
You doing ti again Gumbaloom ? (actually mgiht be best if you don't answer, partly due to the curse that episode 16 seemed to raise and partly due to the number of people here who'll start to hassle you).

Gambatte Kudasai to who ever is doing it   :)

Offline dr_ishmael

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 19, 2005, 09:03:42 am »
You ask where the hip hop is in Initial D. In the opening and closing themes half the lyrics are rapped. As I said before Hip hop and Nu Jazz and huge in Japan. ( Dabo, Soul out, Crystal Kay, M-Flo Jazztronik, Kyoto Jazz Massive, Dj Krush ect.

o_o.... Um, the opening and closing themes (except the two endings by Galla) have ALWAYS had half the lyrics rapped, because that's what m.o.v.e does - Yuri sings, Motsu raps, and t-kimura composes/arranges/programs the music.  It's not that they're "phasing in" hip-hop or anything like that - they've ALWAYS done this since the group formed in 1997.  They were, admittedly, going through a more rockish/hip-hoppish phase for the past year or so, but on their newest single (to be released this month) they're returning to their techno roots.

The other groups you mention - particularly Soul'd Out, Crystal Kay, and M-Flo - have also been rapping for a number of years; I believe M-Flo is even older than m.o.v.e, actually.

I have a 110 inch screen with a Qualia 004 projector, every TV in my house is 50 inches or larger except the exercise room and kitchen. Do you really believe I want to watch on my pc screen?

O______O.................fucking rich bastard...

If all of us were as rich as you, sure, we'd all buy Japanese PS2s to watch our complete collections of R2 Initial D with on our beautiful 110-in. projection TVs.  Unfortunately, since DXpetti is, as you say, "trailer trash", he probably can't afford this.  For him, and for me, and probably for the majority of the users on this forum, a region-free DVD player or region-switchable DVD-ROM is a much more affordable solution.

[EDIT] wrongly named Brokenimage0 as the one insulting/being insulted - gomen nasai!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 08:38:21 pm by Spymon »