Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 887415 times)

Offline sol

• Admin
  • Hero of Twenty Faces
  • dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1770 on: September 19, 2005, 11:12:01 am »
I banned the racist kid, dont say that shit, its bad.

Offline Kenji

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 19, 2005, 06:08:27 pm »
What i wrong with people nowadays!!
Racism = Bad!! We should all know that!

Music = Peoples personal taste
personally i hate the american soundtrack to ID and love the japanese one, but no doubt there are people out there who like it, that is their choice!!

As for eurobeat taking on a hiphop style, i would have to agree with dr_ishmael, M.O.V.E has always been like that, can anyone name a song where Motsu sings rather than raps??? And havn't you been listening during the driving scenes!? For example just before Keisuke crashes out on the Oil (sorry if anyone hasnt seen this yet but you should have by now) there is definitly Eurobeat in the background with no Hiphop to be heard!

Oh and as for no decent DVD players being multi region that is total crap!! Unless we get totally different players in the UK. I spent £250 (about $450-500 US) and i have got a VERY high quality MULTIREGIONAL DVD player.

Anyway, this was the reason i didnt join these forums a long time ago, I knew i would rant too much  ;D

So, Roll on 17 + 18 (no this isnt me asking when its out or trying to rush you in any way  :D )

Great Work L-E & IDE

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 19, 2005, 07:47:39 pm »
I said no
Vash XD

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #1773 on: September 19, 2005, 08:39:52 pm »
Just cleared off some of the crappy, flaming rubbish - so hopefully it will stop.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline dr_ishmael

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 19, 2005, 08:48:17 pm »
Music = Peoples personal taste

Amen!

Hip-hop and Nu Jazz (whatever the heck that is) may be, as kansai22 says, the current driving forces behind the world's music, but that doesn't mean that everyone in the world has to like them just because they're the new trend.

As for eurobeat taking on a hiphop style, i would have to agree with dr_ishmael, M.O.V.E has always been like that, can anyone name a song where Motsu sings rather than raps???

Actually, I can name plenty myself where he does sing.  (Sugar Sugar Rain, Lookin' on the Sunny Side, Deep Calm, Vagabond...)  But even in those, he's only singing part of the time - I can't think of one offhand where he sings through the entire song.

Anyway, great job L-E!  I'm patiently awaiting the next release, because I know the quality is always awesome coming from you guys!

kansai22

« Reply #1775 on: September 19, 2005, 10:55:16 pm »
I am sorry if I have offended anyone that likes euro- beat music.

World music trends are moving towards soul root music. In my opinion as well as classically trained artist this is a much better class of music using real instruments, and well thought out lyrics/vocals.
Nu jazz is mainly based on jazz, bossa, hip hop, classical, and electronic elements. I highly recommend everyone to check out Kyoto Jazz Massive, Jazztronik, or Jazzanova. If anything euro-beat is a tread like progressive trance was. Nu jazz and hip hop are an international movement that will be around 100 years from now while these other forms will not. Most of these artists have been around since 1992 or earlier movements don’t spawn overnight, they take decades.

This is way off topic I’m sure the hard working people at live-evil don’t appreciate it lets get back on topic.

www.jazztronik.com
http://www.kyotojazzmassive.com/
http://www.whitelabelpressure.com   lots of great artist on this page
http://www.mmjp.or.jp/sus/krush/

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 20, 2005, 12:43:44 am »
Oh and as for no decent DVD players being multi region that is total crap!! Unless we get totally different players in the UK. I spent £250 (about $450-500 US) and i have got a VERY high quality MULTIREGIONAL DVD player.
There are a lot of cheap multi-region players in the UK and have been for years (I bought mine Jan 2000), however else where it is a different matter.  I know in the US it is, or at least used to be, difficult to get multi-region players though you could get hacks for PC players.

Offline DXPetti

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 21, 2005, 06:09:13 am »
You'll be pleased to know that the translator finished translating by 17+18 today so the subbing process is now underway.

No guarentees will be made about time taken to complete the whole process.

-gumbaloom

Awesome news, thanks for the update gumbaloom, will be patiently waiting for this release (I contained myself by trying out Tsubasa Chronicle) ;)

Unfortunately, since DXpetti is, as you say, "trailer trash", he probably can't afford this.  For him, and for me, and probably for the majority of the users on this forum, a region-free DVD player or region-switchable DVD-ROM is a much more affordable solution.

w00t im trailer trash. Now can someone inform me why... :\ I haven't posted on these forums for quite some time and from the recent events (i.e. me being banned for racial comments) i am some what confused as of what has gone down in the past week or two. The last thing I remember posting is a link to www.piratebay.org???

Offline sol

• Admin
  • Hero of Twenty Faces
  • dongs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 21, 2005, 06:35:32 am »
w00t im trailer trash. Now can someone inform me why... :\ I haven't posted on these forums for quite some time and from the recent events (i.e. me being banned for racial comments) i am some what confused as of what has gone down in the past week or two. The last thing I remember posting is a link to www.piratebay.org???

Regardless of whether or not you remember doing it, you did, and technically I could ban you for piracy and ban evasion :] OH SHI-

Offline DXPetti

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 21, 2005, 07:33:37 am »
Regardless of whether or not you remember doing it, you did, and technically I could ban you for piracy and ban evasion :] OH SHI-

My point is, i didn't do it, someone else must know my account details, and ban evasion, well I jumped on the website and I wasn't banned, I didn't do anything to get around the ban, I only assumed it was temporaly or I was misaccused and continued to use the website as I previously did. As I said, I havent been here for ages. Anyhoo I apoligize for what my account posted.

Very off topic, we can continue this discussion via PM is you like sol ;)

DashRattleWRX

« Reply #1780 on: September 26, 2005, 01:24:37 am »
I never really liked euro beat music, untill I started watching Initial D.  I think it just fits very well.. and it gets me pumped up when I'm driving fast.

DaStud3nt

« Reply #1781 on: September 26, 2005, 03:14:42 am »
I never really liked euro beat music, untill I started watching Initial D.  I think it just fits very well.. and it gets me pumped up when I'm driving fast.

Hell Yeah!!! It gets me in the mood to drive fast do some e-braking and doughnuts. Not so much of the e-braking cause my rear rotors are warped so I gotta lay off the e-brake til I upgrade the rotors and pads. As, for the doughnuts I love goin to some empty parking lots and rippin some in the ol' FC3S.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 26, 2005, 04:17:31 am »
personally im ahppy with my mr2...lovely little ride...but its always fun to drive agressive,provided your not gunna hurt anyone aside from your self if you mess up...thats the last thing we need...more bad publicity
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 26, 2005, 07:13:04 am »
It may or may not interest you to know I made QC encodes for 17 and 18 last night. So it MAY mean 17 and 18 won't be far off release then again it may not do. As always it's done when it's done.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline DXPetti

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 26, 2005, 08:15:42 am »
thanks for the update ;)