Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 888975 times)

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1800 on: October 02, 2005, 10:45:14 pm »
http://www.sylteracing.net/Filmer/sylteracing1.wmv

http://www.sylteracing.net/Filmer/sylteracing2.MPG

For those that don't know: A Mercedes 190E with a 3.0 Turbo engine. Around 400HP
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

disoneaznpnoy2o9

« Reply #1801 on: October 03, 2005, 05:02:14 pm »
thx for the sub ppl that making this clip u guys are better than any other of the subbers good memory and better quality as others and thx for the clips that we are receiving from u guys...

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 03, 2005, 07:26:37 pm »
Yeah, great work, thx a lot!! :D Now is the anime ahead the manga scanlation, so it was really exciting!
It seems that in the next eps finally the GT-R will appear! Can't wait, can't wait!! I'm such a great Skyline fan!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 07:29:07 pm by Elchfaenger »
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 03, 2005, 09:49:58 pm »
http://www.sylteracing.net/Filmer/sylteracing1.wmv

http://www.sylteracing.net/Filmer/sylteracing2.MPG

For those that don't know: A Mercedes 190E with a 3.0 Turbo engine. Around 400HP
Well, norwegians just can't drive. I don't mean to insult somebody, but mostly it's true.
This guy isn't bad, but for drifting in the wet I don't need a 400HP monster. I can do that in my mom's 130HP Volvo estate as well.

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 03, 2005, 11:14:45 pm »
Well, norwegians just can't drive. I don't mean to insult somebody, but mostly it's true.
This guy isn't bad, but for drifting in the wet I don't need a 400HP monster. I can do that in my mom's 130HP Volvo estate as well.

He just took advantage of the engine and "tuned" it lightly.

You would have to see what DieselBoost (another Norwegian group) does to these cars... but on the diesel version (which are around... 90HP)
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 03, 2005, 11:54:34 pm »
You call that lightly tuned? ECU, turbo, fuel pump, injectors, exhaust and air intake were replaced along with a bunch of sensors.
Power of the stock engine is around 220HP.
But what to do with all that power in Norway? The speedlimit there is 80 km/h and you can hardly drive faster on these winding, narrow roads.
Besides fuel is friggin' expensive there!

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 04, 2005, 03:41:52 am »
Besides fuel is friggin' expensive there!

Fuel's friggin' expensive everywhere mate :P

Our fearless (Read: Fuckwit) leader, Mr John Howard, wants to start introducing E10 and E85 here in Australia, but cars older than about 1998 or so can't run it without the hoses in the engines falling apart, so on and so forth... So wonder what'll be next? Everyone goes out and buys new cars? Or the government offers a rebate for engine conversions to run the stuff (I think it's basically just altering the fuel hoses and stuff to run it...)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 04, 2005, 06:54:24 pm »
lol compared to other places in teh world im glad i live state side, compared ot other places after conversions of money and liters to gallons im getting it cheap
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 04, 2005, 08:32:31 pm »
I guess he is right. Just after Rita you had to pay in Norway $1,96 per liter fuel (95ROZ). Thats about $7,40 per gallon.  :o
In Germany it was about 1,70 per liter or 6,40 per gallon.
So, what did it cost in the US then? ;D

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 04, 2005, 11:22:47 pm »
like 3.25 a gallon, and people where bitching at how much it cost.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 05, 2005, 04:26:41 am »
nothing wrong with complaining about the cost...   There is no reason for it to triple in price in 3 years, and double in price within 2 weeks...  Different places have their prices, we had ours.. but the US is dependent on OIL for transportation... so until there is an alternative, keeping those costs down is for the greater good.  Of course we know the people who already have alternatives have been bought off by the oil companies....
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 05, 2005, 04:42:08 am »
U.S. is the second largest producer of oil and still imports over half of its oil. it only went up like 50 cents its not that much. and it only went up that becuase of katrina and rita...im sure the rest of the world heard about that. and right now its at 3.17(3.25 at shell)for premium(high octane) or it was yesterday when i filled up. i also live in south florida so its one of the higher prices,not much cheaper than L.A. according to family. i mean personally i think the us would be better off if we paid what most of the world paid for a bit while and brought it back down. it would be a great benefit to the nation, we have been going downhill for a while now. well enough of that im off to sleep.

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 05, 2005, 04:34:07 pm »
nothing wrong with complaining about the cost...   There is no reason for it to triple in price in 3 years, and double in price within 2 weeks...  Different places have their prices, we had ours.. but the US is dependent on OIL for transportation... so until there is an alternative, keeping those costs down is for the greater good.  Of course we know the people who already have alternatives have been bought off by the oil companies....
There is a reason! Since China started to consume more and more oil we run kinda short on oil.
And I say the US wastes a lot of fuel! Stop driving bigblock V8's! There is no need for that. Where I live an average car uses roughly between 60 and 40 MPG. And not 20 or even 10. If you'd drive more economical cars it wouldn't hurt you so much.
And there is no reason to depend on oil for transportation. There are a lot of alternatives! It's a known fact since years that oil reserves are finite!

Sorry about this, don't want to flame, but it makes me upset.

Back to topic: I really love the new looks of the RX-7. Wish I had a decent picture of that :)

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: October 06, 2005, 02:09:16 am »
show me an alternative fuel engine that is readily available to the public, and I will show you that it is not within a normal person's grasp... I love my little economic civic... however, I would much rather have another fuel, the problem is, neither the fuel for the alternative engines is available everywhere, let alone a lot of places, and electric cars are a joke that only run maybe 100 miles a day between recharges without HUGE $$$ upgrades. 

As for the fuel prices, it went up about 1$ with the first hellicane here...  and before that about 80 cents, when I started driving it was 1$ on an expensive day, a month later, 1.50, then 2.00 was normal, its gone up so much in such a short time, and we are getting BS answers for it... personally, I don't want to pay a ton of money for a fuel we don't really have a choice in unless we are rich....  and its not just for petrol for cars, it is natural gas for heating homes as well.... among all the other things...  Fuel for cars can go up, but when the price per barrel goes up, which increases EVERYTHING related to it... well that is cause for concern.
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #1814 on: October 06, 2005, 02:52:42 am »
There is a reason! Since China started to consume more and more oil we run kinda short on oil.
And I say the US wastes a lot of fuel! Stop driving bigblock V8's! There is no need for that. Where I live an average car uses roughly between 60 and 40 MPG. And not 20 or even 10. If you'd drive more economical cars it wouldn't hurt you so much.
And there is no reason to depend on oil for transportation. There are a lot of alternatives! It's a known fact since years that oil reserves are finite!

Sorry about this, don't want to flame, but it makes me upset.

Back to topic: I really love the new looks of the RX-7. Wish I had a decent picture of that :)

you mean like this one?