Author Topic: Favourite Tunes/Music  (Read 37982 times)

KillJoy

Re: Favourite Tunes/Music
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2004, 08:47:17 pm »
Music is all about mood, which is how I can shift through techno from opera and such.  I used to have glass records and I loved them.  They had a different sound than regular LPs.  

I'm not going to be a snob and say they ahve a better sound than CDs or anything.  They just have a different one.  And much like how people complain that Lucas has changed Starwars, I guess I hold on to what I remember having when I was younger, such as LPs and Open Reel player, yet some how I'm not at all attached to the 8-tracks?  Then again they always seemed to flip during a song.

Maybe all that just camed to mind because I'm in a beatles mood today?

"She loves you, and you know that can't be bad"

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 02:44:23 am »
well i tend to be a fan of originals.  as much as i love change there is something to be aid of the classics.  oooh..the beatles....
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2004, 03:14:57 am »
I enjoy listening to a remake sometimes because they are trying to revamp it for a new generation etc.  Like the Elvis song that was revamped a few years ago.  Take something that wasn't very popular out of his catalog for newer people and make it new.  It was kind of risky for Elvis' time to say " A little less talking and a little more action please" and now it fits in to most songs of the day, if being a little less graphic in the process.

But usually I love the first the best, and somethings need to be orginial because you are reminded of something because of the song rather than just loving the song for its own sake.

Back to the shallow end..  Who likes Lord's of Acid? "I wanna see your pussy, show it to me?"  

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004, 08:56:18 am »
umm...no i will not show it to you
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2004, 09:11:40 am »
well it looks like a cat for a Avitar anyways.  But I'm already off that song.  (hours have passed, and I was not tempted to put it on repeat for the day. go fig)

No I'm listening to POE.  She is one of my fav. Singers, partly for her lyrics but mostly for her voice.  Between here and Beth Orton, they are the new voices to me.  None of that bumble gum stuff, actually interesting voices.  

Then again this is a tie in to earlier stuff because POE is singing "My lips are sealed" a cover of the Go-Go's song from the 80s.  Very cool though.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2004, 09:14:15 am »
i dont think i have ever listened to POE..why is she called that? lover or the poet/writer?
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2004, 09:23:20 am »
POE is her name I think?  go to Amazon.com and you can look for POE in popular music and listen to the start of some of her songs Haunted is a good album to start with.

Now after my last post I'm listening to Beth Orton's cover of "Wild West" which was Cat Steven's song.

Anyone hear new stuff about him being deported from the U.S.?
Proof we have a raving lunitic in charge.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 05:51:26 pm »
a new favourite of mine are the delgados..the op song for gunslinger girl is one of their songs from their latest album HATE
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 07:40:36 pm »
Primus today because I like some bass with my mornings.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 10:27:12 pm »
http://www.intosomethin.com/radio.htm  seems to be back online which is nice.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

KillJoy

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2004, 11:03:13 pm »
The bad thing about bumming a connection off the neighbor this weekend is that I barely have enough bandwidth to grab torrents and stream music without skips.  

Unlike when I use the neighbor's connection and my own.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2004, 08:52:18 am »
heh today was singing at the top of my lungs with one of my best buds to the oldies station
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2004, 09:29:45 pm »
What counts as oldies now? because I heard some station talking about all the oldes you love from the 70s and 80s..

Scared me.
If anyone needs me I'll be curled up in a fetal position

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2004, 09:32:14 pm »
lol i have heard that as well which doesnt make sense..our oldies station plays music from the 50s and 60s and i think some 40s tunes as well.  "it was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini..."
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2004, 09:34:37 pm »
thats a cool song. I got a classic for you.

"Ohh lord it is so hard to be humble, when you are perfect in every way.  I can't wait to look in the mirror, because I get better lookin each day.  To know me is to love me.  I must be one hell of a man.  Ohh lord it is so hard to be humble, but I'm doin the best that I can."