Author Topic: Favourite Tunes/Music  (Read 37804 times)

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
Favourite Tunes/Music
« on: June 09, 2004, 01:43:12 am »
What music is it that you're really enjoying right now.  Let us know and if it's an online radio thing than point the link our way.

One site I always like is www.pedrobroadcast.com

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Danzig

Re: Favourite Tunes/Music
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 02:15:15 am »
Hmm.... if we are speaking genre, then I would have to say Classic Rock... AHH!! But I love the heavy stuff too! You know... like.. Megadeath... Pantera... oo and the Death stuff like Cannibal Corpse and Slayer... oh and Hardcore... such as Zao or Norma Jean.... So many bands I like.... Thats why I use Kazaa. (Im a leeching whore)

Suggested Band of The Month:
Name: Amorphis
Genre: Metal/Death Metal (Depends on which song :P)
Suggested Songs: Divinity, Alone, Black Winter Day
Where to get?: Online Store, or Kazaa

My official title is "Leeching Whore" but I'm also known as "Narcissistic" and of course "Evil Bastard"... Don't you love me too?

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 05:52:09 am »
um nothing special i listen to right now, streaming wise but I do recommend www.digitallyimported.com for techno/trance people. they have some decent streams in case you dont have any mp3s.

bands: morcheeba, chicane, faithless, radiohead, pink floyd.. uh the list is too long...
type: trance, ambient/chill out, classical, rock, pop, reggae, almost everything except RAP. can't stand RAP.
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Danzig

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 10:47:17 am »
Yes I cant stand rap.... especially when its comming from a 17 yearold white boy, driving a 98 Civic with Racing stickers on the windows... thinking he is "ghetto". If you own a civic and play rap, while at the same time your white and in Highschool... I probubly mean you..  ;D

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 03:55:26 am »
Hehe, I wonder if 'The Streets' have been marked for export yet.  If so then may God, or some other such being have mercy on your soul.

The parodies are at least good though!

makilwen

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 10:41:00 am »
I;'ve been into a lot of Chinese Pop-Music. You will either dance around to it or laugh about...
S.H.E.
F4
JaY Chou
WAng Lee-hom (he does the opening song for Peach girl ;D)

Besides my brain liquifying C-pop. Jimi Hendrix, Emerson Lake&Palmer,  Zeppelin. good old rocky stuff.

KillJoy

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 07:36:49 am »
I love Digitally Imported but since it has been posted here already I also listen to http://www.woxy.com/

The nice thing about them is they list all the songs they played and when during the last week in there playlist section.  Not the best quality of stream either at just 64k, but they play almost like an old college radio station.  Lots of Indie music, and tracks popular band's CDs you haven't heard.

Good way to experience totally new music without paying for it at least.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 04:26:34 am »
i listen to alot of things right now.  i'm really into DAI at the moment and (god forgive me) brittish pop.  i have grown so much from my little creole girl living in a white suburban california neighbourhood milli and vanilli mc hammer weird al yankovic listening self! (yeah i said it.  i love tears for fears and chicago as well!) i grew up with parents who loved all kinds of music so i have an eclectic taste.  i really dont like the popular music kids listen to today and can just be just as happy listening to earth wind and fire as i would listening to the works of mozart or camille saint-saens.
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 08:01:54 am »
If you are wanting to pull out the "How could I ever find this as entertaining as I do" I actually like 'Mindless Self Indulgence'.  They are exactly as their name implies M.S.I.

They really could end up going somewhere.  

Also love the pogues for no reason other they sound exactly how I envision a pub playing band to sound.... Drunk.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 03:14:56 am »
Hmm, Earth Wind and Fire aren't so bad.  In fact they've been known to be rather good.

KillJoy

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 06:19:51 am »
Jamiroquai is pretty good if you enjoy funk at all.  As for Earth Wind Fire I listened to something around back with there time line. Walter Murphy's "A Fifth of Beethoven". Which is still being played in movies because I've yet to hear a remix of the Fifth Symphony that really was as creative and interesting.  

I set them both in together since they are both sorta funk.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 08:08:26 am »
i, actually, am a huge jquai fan.  been one for quite sometime since they invoke that funky feeling.  but why oh why is their genre called "Acid jazz"?
I AM queen of underwire!

KillJoy

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 08:51:52 am »
Because you have to be on Acid to understand it.  Actually it makes sense in a way, the same way that all these decked out cars from the fast and the furious have spawned people to do the same to their mustangs and such.  People see all the work going into techno and to grab onto something that no one has tried before why not jazz up jazz?  Then again I'm a blues person more than jazz, unless we are talking the 40s Jazz.

I even enjoy swing music once in a while. God I have to clean out the LP collection now.

KillJoy

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 08:52:45 am »
i, actually, am a huge jquai fan.  been one for quite sometime since they invoke that funky feeling.  but why oh why is their genre called "Acid jazz"?

What are a few of your fav. songs from them?

I like "Little L"

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004, 07:49:59 pm »
mr moon always makes me dance...i sometimes have a problem with j kay as his diction isnt that great.  i.e light years = light chairs  gets on my nerves.  but i cant say that any particular song stands..it all depends on my mood.  
I AM queen of underwire!