Author Topic: Rose of Versailles  (Read 105912 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Re: Rose of Versailles
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2005, 02:51:24 pm »
Zentron, if you're really serious about this and you need people to help do the actual subtitling, let me know. We've long talked about in L-E of "going pro" one of these days. Just need the connections and investment capital hehe

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Zentron

• Condor Hero
  • I love Anime, plain and simple!
    • View Profile
    • Anime Forever
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2005, 08:29:53 pm »
Yes, well, Tofusensei, if you consider having a nearly complete business plan(a few details still to be worked out), business/studio locations scouted, applying for the 'Prince's Trust' business start-up financing and other such capital investments serious(I'm an ex-student, so I'm a bit poor, but that's no prob), then yes, very f*****g serious.

As for subtitling, well, there's that, then there's the translation, the DVD designing, encoding and such.  Of course, I'll try to employ mostly from the Anime fan society, giving special preference to those in the North West of the UK, those from around Manchester-Liverpool area if possible.... hmm, now who is from Manchester or Scouse-land here at L-E??

Zentron
P.S.  Check out my other topic http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,664.0.html
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 09:32:56 pm by Zentron »
Oi!  Who pinched my Anime??
My small UK Anime site - Anime-Forever
My D&Dc fan site: Journeys Of The Realm

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2005, 11:22:34 pm »
Yes, well, Tofusensei, if you consider having a nearly complete business plan(a few details still to be worked out), business/studio locations scouted, applying for the 'Prince's Trust' business start-up financing and other such capital investments serious(I'm an ex-student, so I'm a bit poor, but that's no prob), then yes, very f*****g serious.

As for subtitling, well, there's that, then there's the translation, the DVD designing, encoding and such.  Of course, I'll try to employ mostly from the Anime fan society, giving special preference to those in the North West of the UK, those from around Manchester-Liverpool area if possible.... hmm, now who is from Manchester or Scouse-land here at L-E??

Zentron
P.S.  Check out my other topic http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,664.0.html

Our slave encoder, and cod-fish eater extrodanaire gumbaloom is a Manchester guy  ;D
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline Zentron

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
    • Anime Forever
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2005, 12:25:48 am »
Our slave encoder, and cod-fish eater extrodanaire gumbaloom is a Manchester guy  ;D
Ahhh yes, Gumby, he's from Wigan, just 3 towns away from me actually.  Well, that's the encoding so'ted :P Now, translation...

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2005, 12:59:21 am »
Translation doesn't really require that the person lives in the area. I'm testing out with a professional company in the US, so I'll let you know if they think my translations are good enough for commercial release :D

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Zentron

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
    • Anime Forever
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2005, 12:45:46 pm »
Translation doesn't really require that the person lives in the area. I'm testing out with a professional company in the US, so I'll let you know if they think my translations are good enough for commercial release :D

-Tofu
Yeh I know I know, that's why I was considering Jonathan Clements to do a few of the translations for any titles I start with... not sure if you've heard of him, he's the UK's No2 Anime authority(Helen McCarthy is No1) and has done a lot of translations for several legendary Anime's.  On the subject of translations, any translation done, must be as literally close as possible, with the odd exceptions for slang and such, that will be the base standard.(I like perfection ;))

-Zenny

Negative_Creep

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2005, 07:09:21 am »
Kudos to the good people of Live-Evil for completing this grand series! You guys rock!  ;D

(Yeah, I'm a bit late... but credit where credit is due, better late than never.  ;))

Offline Amalia2611

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2009, 12:12:14 pm »
I am very very glad that you had subbed this great sereis, but I have a question. I downloades the series and the first episode doesn't have audio...I can't hear a thing! Why is that? All the rest of the episodes work perfectly fine though!

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2013, 09:54:37 am »
Rose of Versailles is licensed and now available on DVD through RightStuf.com
Anyone who asks for the fansubs shall be poked with a paddle.
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2013, 06:28:18 am »
Rose of Versailles is licensed and now available on DVD through RightStuf.com
Anyone who asks for the fansubs shall be poked with a paddle.

A YAOI paddle!!

We know where one is!!!
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline gsilver

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2013, 11:30:40 pm »
I already bought both of TRSI's releases, but that yaoi paddle does sound tempting...