Author Topic: Gilgamesh!  (Read 118063 times)

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
Gilgamesh!
« on: October 04, 2003, 08:46:56 pm »
Hey all, i am back from the depths of... well something.   I bet you all missed me oh so horribly...
anyways, jokes aside, I just translated the first ep of gilgamesh and I have to say that I was rather excited about it.  The artwork is great and the setting is great too.  Let me know what you think about it so far.  I think this will be the (un)official replacement of WR till the last 4 eps come out.  I can't wait till the next ep comes out.  so much mystery!   :)
well, tune in next week again.  I will do my best to get the translation done the night it is aired in japan again to keep the eps rolling.   8)  8) gotta keep going with the one day subs  ;D
-gk
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Gilgamesh!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 08:57:34 pm »
Oh totally forgot, I am also working on the exDriver movie right now, about 50% done right now.  Shouldnt take too long to finish now.  stay tuned for more
-gk
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake

digitize

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 09:35:21 pm »
Ah yes, Gilgamesh looks good indeed, a nice mysterious sci-fi anime, which is roughly based on the epic I believe.  Green did a great job btw, so did the rest of the project staff, i suggest you all watch it.

@Green
Nice to meet you, Im the encoder of gilgamesh ^^, and like i said before, good work on it, can't wait til next week.

Qubeley

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 10:52:03 pm »
Does anyone have an Mp3 of the ED?

Thanks.

Vo1ts

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 12:51:18 am »
oo exdriver movie too? nice

Legato_2057

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 03:21:31 pm »
Have to admit, I am disapointed with Gilgamesh. Not with the Live-eviL crew, your work is outstanding as always. The show itself just seemed lacking in something.  It could be that I just don't like the characters-too androgynous-but it just didn't click with me.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 06:13:30 pm »
I think there was a bit of an information overload in ep1 and lots of the symbols and themes on show may take a while to develop.  I'm busy reading up on my mythology as well.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

b00

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 01:59:13 am »
Does anyone have an Mp3 of the ED?

Thanks.

yea the end song sounded nice... so does anyone knows what it i????? ::)

digitize

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 05:36:54 pm »
Yeah, those who are familiar with the epic perhaps may enjoy it more at the moment... who knows.  Anyway, only one episode has aired, give it time and like spymon said things will develop ^^.

rasha

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2003, 11:34:00 pm »
i always find you need to watch at least 5 episodes before making a call on a series (sometimes more depending on the series) because sometimes things are just slow to get into and I would have missed out on some good stuff if I ditched it after one episode...i do agree that the characters are quite androgynous tho makes it a bit hard in the beginning to follow things but it seems interesting so Ill keep watching for a while :)

Jelenity

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 02:14:26 am »
You know I searched and I still can't find anything of a background type info related to this series background. CAn anyone help me out on this with links??

jelenity~

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 10:03:11 pm »
Here are some links:
if you know japanese: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/031002_2.html
http://www.gilxx.com/
if you dont:
http://www.crystalinks.com/sumermythology.html

maybe that helps a bit?  

@ digitize, I havent seen your work because i am on dial up but i am sure you did well  ;D   nice to work with you :)

About ex D, I just finished the translation.  man was it a long bitch.  err i mean ... whistles.  it was 30 KB in plain text to give you an idea.  that's a lot of text.  i hope you guys will enjoy it once its encoded and released!  

about gilgamesh: the art work might take some time to get used to, but regardless I think the show has lots of potential to be good, and judging it after the first ep seems a bit harsh ;)  I dont know what kind of expecations you have but the first eps probably will set up the world first.  Maybe we can make a better judgement in a couple of weeks.  
anyways enjoy broadband if you have it.  44k sucks balls!

gk out
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake

rasha

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 01:26:56 am »
You know I searched and I still can't find anything of a background type info related to this series background. CAn anyone help me out on this with links??

jelenity~

are you looking for information on the epic of gilgamesh itself? if so, this is a good site to check out http://www.crock11.freeserve.co.uk/gilgamesh.htm

^_^

m.d.

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2003, 12:55:45 pm »
i agree, the art style is a little strange, but that's okay... the first episode was interesting, i'm curious to see where they take the plot.  cool music and atmosphere.  looking forward to more eps!

one thing that confused me was the opening sequence.  a couple of the characters looked very similar, so i wasn't sure who was doing what.  i'm sure the details will be filled in soon enough.

chii

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 06:15:39 pm »
This show definately has potential.  I really liked the contrast between the clean lines of the creepily drawn characters and the haunting images of fuzzy people carrying crops.  I have a feeling that the next few eps will be more focused and very interesting (and hopefully more original- I think I'm on the verge of anime overload).

Oh, and dosen't that chick have total Rose of Versailles hair?  Iloveit.