Author Topic: Gilgamesh!  (Read 118047 times)

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
Re: Gilgamesh!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 10:29:43 pm »
ok finished translating ep 2.  gotta do the OP real quick and then we should be good to go.  
ep 2 was good.  some action and more plot building.  the story is slowly starting to roll.  I think it is going to be good.  the stuff i saw in ep 2 was promising.   :D
ok now for the OP, look out for ep 2 tonight or tomorrow!

gk
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Verity

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 05:52:23 pm »
I registered just to share my opinion on this anime since so many people seem to be intially turned off by it. The first few minutes of Gligamesh were lets just say weird, I had no idea of what direction the creators were taking the anime. However after that incident [you know the one, I don't want to spoil anything] is when I became very interested in the anime. As has been mentioned the unique character design and dark environment are very well done. For those that paid close attention to the anime you may have noticed that it was executed with great precision; I cannot think of one frame in the anime that broke the mood or setting.

In closing I just want to say that I believe Gilgamesh has great potential, so watch a few more episodes before you take it off your radar.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2003, 05:39:10 pm »
I can't wait for ep2.  One handy hint for trying to make sense of a series from the off is to pay as close attention as you can to the opening minutes as they should tell you everyhing about the series.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Xytek

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 02:08:16 am »
I loved it.. i'm waiting on ep2.. hmm where is it?  :-/

NewtonEwell

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2003, 03:11:02 pm »
And then I'm gonna get Lovecraftian on their ass...

Gilgamesh has GOT MY ATTENTION after Episode 2.  When I saw the title, I was interested.  When I saw episode 1, I began fastening my seatbelt 'cause it had all the makings of high weirdness.

Now they drop the Monster Transformation thang on me.  Thank god I had my seatbelt on; I nearly fell out of my chair when the first of the mysterious bishonen changed into the Eyeless Horror from Hell.  

All this, and the makings of kick-ass psychic battles, too?  MORE, PLEASE!!!  I also like how the plot is unfolding.  Sharing the confusion of our main character(s) makes it nice and creepy.  That, and I've got the impression after this episode that Gilgamesh is our poor lost kids.

I'm excited about the next episode!!!  Thank you very much for bringing us another great series.

digitize

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2003, 06:51:28 pm »
Finally episode 02 of Gilgamesh is out, another job well done by the staff, and sorry for the delay.  Everyone can expect episode 03 soon (i.e. 2 days max).  I hope everyone enjoys the show ^^.

Verity

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2003, 09:38:18 pm »
Wow, episode two met and exceeded my expectations, looks like it is only going to get better. I really like the opening of Gilgamesh, it is very nicely done; the art is superb throughout, not to mention refreshing as it breaks away from the look and feel of every other anime out there. And the closing song is great. I've got it in my playlist and am listening to it right now, along with the opening song.

chii

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2003, 05:47:47 am »
Ep 2 was creeeepy!  I think this is my new favorite series (to watch in broad daylight).  I want more!  

Oh, and what is with the German titles?  Is there a reason for this or should I just watch to find out?

DMN

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2003, 07:27:49 am »

Oh, and what is with the German titles?  Is there a reason for this or should I just watch to find out?

Well, the Japanese seem just to have a fable for the German language. They really like to use German phrases or other words in their series. Maby it's got something to do with past events nobody wants to talk about.
I think it's just kinda funny, especially if you are German.  ;D

The official Gilgamesh Page is also very interesting but my Hiragana just sucks!  :(

Darrian

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2003, 08:21:06 am »
I was curious if anybody knows the name of the font used for the English Kareoke subs in the intro?

Also, great work on the series so far, I'll be following this series closely unless it becomes boring, and Live-Evil's efforts to bring this show to those of us who can't understand Japanese are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2003, 09:23:41 pm »
ah Gilgamesh I see.
Myself I think its a shitty anime. So far I havent liked it but I will keep dling it to keep it in the archive. I hate the drawing of the series. I cant stand that style.

Thats my 2 cents.

Vash XD
Vash XD

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2003, 06:17:25 pm »
I really like the realist stylings.  It's a little confusing right now though.  Nice job on ep3 for all those involved, was a pleasure to QC the file.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

hasukawa13

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2003, 05:54:24 am »
Does anyone know the name of the theme songs for this series?   ??? The opening especially has really struck a cord with me and I can't figure anything out from the credits other than the word "Crazy4U" Is that the group or name of the song?  I need help!  Please, my fellow anime fans!

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2003, 10:52:51 pm »
Hey guys, I just finished the translation for episode 4. Again the plot is driven along nicely, I think a bunch of things are going to be unveiled soon. Another good episode of a good series. Stay tuned for the release, hopefully it will be soon. *angry glare at slackers*
::coughs:: anyways, I hope the eps are turning out well, unfortunately I am on a 44k modem connection here so I can't watch the official releases :(  oh well i get to see 20 mb raws at a resolution of 320X160 or so. not bad eh? mad props to Tofu for making decent quality raws at low file sizes.

Cheers,
gk
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

digitize

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2003, 01:27:10 am »
@Green
Oh don't you worry now, the 'slacker' (notice it's not plural) isn't working on the project any more.  Everyone can expect the release of gilgamesh 04 very soon!  And again, good job Green, you are an elite translator :)