Author Topic: Gilgamesh!  (Read 127227 times)

shadowreaper

Re: Gilgamesh!
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2004, 06:44:18 pm »
I was just messing around ViD4R, lol. I never thought of Kiyoko as being Eve. Who would be the Adam? Something I was thinking about...There was a flaw in Enkidu's work of Gilgamesh. Even though he set out to make a race without emotions; love, hate, sadness, etc. He ultimately failed in that. This is evident in Novem's admitting that he truly loved Kiyoko. I was talking to greenkabbage a few days ago and we were talking about how you can see Novem struggling with himself and the other members of Gilgamesh. Amor vincit omnia. :)

shadowreaper

« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2004, 06:47:23 pm »
I was wondering, could greenkabbage or someone who knows Japanese translate the full version of Wasuremono No Mori please? You can leave out the part that's on the series though. Thanks!

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2004, 11:05:53 pm »
Is there a full version?

The OST's version is the same as the TV...

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2004, 11:45:23 pm »
[vga-ost] Gilgamesh ED - Yuko Ando - and do record (VBR)

01 - Dramatic Record.mp3
02 - Happy Go Lucky.mp3
03 - Life.mp3
04 - Ame Tsuki.mp3
05 - Wasuremono no Mori.mp3

and of course track 5 is 4:24 long. but the whole EP is actually quite nice, i highly reccomend it tofu. course it's not really labled as the gilg ending single or anything like that, thats just how vga-ost labled it.

as for translating the whole ending song, i dont think anyone in l-e will bother unless they end up subbing a PV or something. there are websites out there that speciallize in japanese song translations, so you might wanna look for those (i dont know them off the top of my head, sorry)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 11:47:58 pm by 1010011 »

shadowreaper

« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2004, 08:19:55 pm »
Si, si. It was on a single cd.

Saya

« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2004, 05:28:10 pm »
@shadowreaper: "Amor vincit omnia" ... what does that mean? "Love overcomes everything" or something like that? My Latin is really poor (never really learned it).

The final episode of Gilgamesh was just great! What a show down!  :o
But it kind of looked as if the producers had to hurry. Everything happens quite fast.

This is how I understand the last few scenes:
The world (and mankind) is destroyed because of the Cleansing Flood and TEAR (Hiroko-chan) plans a new pure world without emotions. But Kiyoko "survived" in that cocoon and kills TEAR, so the next world will be just like the last one.

Sorry if my post is kind of confusing. I probably shouldn't discuss stuff like that when I'm having a bad flu. *cough*

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2004, 06:48:29 pm »
@saya: You say that Kiyoko survived in that cocoon, yet En Kidu specifically said that a new man kind will be born from it, basically making her part of the plan. But that's an interesting point. Completely seperate from that... how is Kiyoko/Eve going to reproduce?! Or maybe she is a <dum dum dumm> hermaphrodite... or an asexual being that can just divide itself... Limitless possibilities! :D
And yes, the ending was rushed again. I liked the way WR did it. The 26th ep was good enough, but then they topped it off with 4 more episodes! Hats off to the WR producers.
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2004, 09:14:01 pm »
wait the reason she was in the cocoon was that she was pregnant, thats why she was key to the whole new human race...
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Saya

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2004, 10:55:46 pm »
Oh, wait a minute!
I thought it all over again, and now I believe it was NOT Kiyoko in the end, it's her child!
Kiyoko and Tatsuya seem to be together in a kind of after life, and that child of Novem and Kiyoko somehow survived in that cocoon.
And that child is the "living" proof that Enkidu's plan failed because Novem really had feelings.
It kind of makes sense to me. The doctors said before that the embryo grew very fast, but I don't remember if it really was female.

But I don't think that Kiyoko (or her baby) were part of Enkidu's plan. I'd say the world will start again at the very begining, with bacteria or something.  :-/
So maybe that last scene took place on a spiritual level, not in the physical world.

Argh! The more I think about the ending the more confused I get! *sigh*

P.S.
Are the names of the Gilgamesh guys ever mentioned during the series? I guess if I didn't check the web site I wouldn't know their names at all.

shadowreaper

« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2004, 12:41:13 pm »
Yeah, it's on the official site. Their names are Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, and Doc. Ok, no really, their names are Uno, Duo, Triam, Quattuor, Sex, Septem, Oct, Novem, and Decem. There should be one between Quattuor and Sex though. My guess is Quinque. I believe these are Roman numbers. They might be Greek. I'll get a piclist with them in a bit.

shadowreaper

« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2004, 01:09:14 pm »
Alright here we go...everyone count with me in Roman(I guess)...

Like I said, I'm not sure what the fifth one is. If someone who can speak Japanese and knows the Japanese symbols can go to gilxx.com and go to the characters section. The fifth one is there with the name, I just can't read Japanese, hehe. Boy, I bet number 6 got made fun of a lot as a kid. ;)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2004, 03:49:38 am »
Hehe, the "unknown" one is like Quink, or something ^^

-Tofu

edit: Ahh, you said it, Quinque ^^
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 04:14:20 am by Tofusensei »
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Saya

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2004, 04:33:45 pm »
Thanks guys, but that was not what I meant.

Their names (Novem, Uno, ...) are never ever mentioned in the ANIME!! We can only find them on gilxx.com.
Right?

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2004, 10:08:06 pm »
they are kinda mentioned when they talk to each other..and other than having their names on their shirts then umm..no.
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Saya

« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2004, 07:23:23 pm »
they are kinda mentioned when they talk to each other..and other than having their names on their shirts then umm..no.

Well, I really don't think their names are mentioned. I'll check it again.
And the shirts ... who can read that?! What language is that anyway?