Author Topic: Gilgamesh!  (Read 118085 times)

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
Re: Gilgamesh!
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2003, 05:09:06 pm »
so a couple of thoguhts...from one of the posts i can see the correlation between gilgamesh the anime and gilgamesh the epic poem...but why does the countess remind me so much of michael jackson? hello..she sleeps in the same bed as a kid..takes lonely/messed up kids into her home...does anyone see that or i am i being weird again.

yes tatsuya reminds her of his father..and it seems some kind of love interest lies there...

the story of giglamesh is about a king who has absolute rules and goes on certain adventures..but whats key tot he gilgamesh story is that he is seeking eternal life.  that was hinted at the beggining.  so i think the whole story revolves around the ideal of man searching for that eternal life so to speak.

also gilgamesh was very powerful  which does correlate to the magic/psychic powers of the gilgamesh trio 9plus that girl) enkidu (sp?) was gilgamesh's rival --> friend who was equal to him in power.  those would be the kids the countess has..is the countess ishtar (a goddess of love who was..umm..promiscuous is a nice word here) who was rejected by gilgamesh....i am not so sure as the background between madoka and the countess isnt all that clear.  plus in the beginning was the picture of kiyoko and her mother so at that time madoka was already married....

i do see how one would think it an allegory to 9/11 but i dont know if the japanese care as much about that event as most americans and plus there have been many an anime BEFORE 9/11 that had the same sort of story..so i wouldnt put too much stock in that.

as far as the series goes i love it..the animation as well just rocks my socks on the mere fact that its different (wolf's rain did the same for me)  i truly can't wait to see how it all plays out!

wow gee have i talked enough already?
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Saya

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2003, 04:37:20 am »
@crypticgimp: Just go on talking! I like a good discussion. And the forum is so empty anyways.

Well, I think we can agree that all the Gilgamesh kids were somehow artificially created, right? I mean just look at their names, they were just numbered: Uno = 1 (the girl), Sex = 6, Oct = 8, Novem = 9 ... (that's Latin, is it?)
But why were they created? By whom, the professor? And how did he do it?

I just can't wait to see the next episode!

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2003, 08:23:19 pm »
hello peeps, long time no see. i've been gone to japan for a while... family reasons...
anyways, sorry for the delay with ep 9, the japan trip was the reason. i just sent out ep 10 to the rest of the le crew so it should be done soon.
about the gilgamesh folks, if the names are any sort of indication then there should be at least 9, novem = 9, and yes it's latin.

about the german in the show being not wrong, i dont even really remember much german but oh well. and in case you didnt know i speak german fluently too :p heh so if there was an error I would SMITE IT with the wrath of god, or something like that.

@saya, yes gambatte kudasai is correct and thanks for the praise :)  aber dein Englisch ist doch auch nicht von schlechten Eltern, wo hast du denn englisch gelernt? Ich habs in Ami-land weiter gelernt :D  Cool dass es auch Deutsche hier gibt.

about the 9/11 thing, yeah i think its rather unlikely too. the japanese are not really that sensitive about that thing. at least not as much as the americans are. the parallels are not quite that clear either. and i do think that the professor might really be the good guy. and the theory with prof=enkidu, gilg=9?kids, ishtar=countess works as far as connecting the myth and the series.

the countess is creepy anyways. nekkid with touru boy in bed. bounchika wow wow. i mean, that's wrong countess! he's just a boy! but boy what a slut she is, oops did I just say that out loud? but seriously, with touru in bed one night and then sucking face with tatsuya the next. that woman is unsatiable.

and i was just about to ask a question that gets raised in episode 10 but i caught myself and won't do so and spoil something. like a child. nothing's worse than a spoiled brat. kick one for me if you see one. ...  ;)

ok it's way too late and i am talking way too much crap for my own good. cheers and hooray to all of you who like gilgamesh. it's good that some people like it, makes me believe that it makes sense for me to keep translating it :p

ok ciao kids
-gk
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2003, 08:28:08 pm »
ok i just checked animesuki and ep 9 is still not out! bad rest of the crew, bad!  >:(
and ep 8 needs a seed. so if someone would be so kind and seed ep 8 for the 15 people trying to download it, that would be nice and civil. do it for the good in mankind. or make yourself believe that doing so will make ep 9 come out faster.  ;D ok enough said again, off to bed with me.

gute nacht y'all
gk
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake

Saya

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2003, 04:22:47 am »
@gk: Wow! I didn't expect another German guy to be here. This seems to be quite an international forum. That's cool! 8)
Well, I've learned English at school (it was my main subject, sort of). I watch some English movies, read lots of English books ... and that's it. I've never been to any English speaking country for more than a week, unfortunately.
But I also need to improve my Japanese somehow. ;)

But back to topic now:
I just wanted to watch Gilgamesh 9 but I have some problems with it. The quality seems to be really bad and I can hardly see anything. Do I need a new codec? Does anyone else have that problem?
Help me!!  :(

Exile

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2003, 04:13:40 pm »
I doubt if a new codec was used, it looks perfectly fine when I watched it.

You might wanna use BT to check if your file is corrupted?

shadowreaper

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2003, 05:58:14 pm »
I'm having trouble with both episodes 9 and 10. I've downloaded them multiple times from multiple sites(all Live-eviL fansubbed of course). But about every 10 seconds the screen turns dark blocky looking. I've seen it before with movies. Somewhere along the line of seeding the file was corrupted and then everyone who leeched off of the corrupt seeder got a corrupt file too, and the cycle goes on. Is there any way for Live-eviL to re-release it. Oh, and why is it that when I try to get into the chatroom it says I have to be invited(I'm familiar with mirc but I can't find anywhere on the live-evil site that says anything about being invited. Thanks!

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2003, 08:35:46 pm »
Hey kids, all done with ep 11.
i heard that the encoder messed up on 9 and 10 and had to redo them. maybe thats why?
ask tofu for details. i think there might also be a thread for technical problems. maybe its worth checking it out if the site isnt down :p
ep 11 is finally telling a bit more about the past, heavens gate and that stuff. and its kind of gross..
but you'll see soon :D

anyways good night.
catch you lata
gk
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2003, 01:49:43 pm »
kabbage i shall make you into soup for letting me hang like this!

::waits impatiently::

eps 9 & 10 solidified some things for me! this show is really picking up speed now!
I AM queen of underwire!

Saya

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2003, 05:42:29 pm »
Kabbage soup? Sounds delicious!  ;D
But no, we can't do that. We still need him for other stuff ... like translations.

I finally managed to watch eps 9 and 10, but only with a trick. I'm still looking for a permanent solution. *sighs*

There was one thing in these episodes that seems to be quite important as it was mentioned several times:
the Orga kids (with Tatsuya) have "familiar faces", they look a lot like those professors that were involved in Twin X!
Maybe the kids are their children? But if that's true then there must be something special about the scientists, too. It's in their genes or so.

Damn, I guess I'm just thinking too much. *yawns*
I'll go to bed now.
Oyasumi!

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2003, 06:39:59 pm »
yes..soup..its a goodness but i guess it can slide....for now...

yeah i caught on that they must be the scientist's kids in the beginning but it seems the pace is going and looking forward to the next ep!
I AM queen of underwire!

Saya

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2003, 02:22:42 pm »
Ey, that ffdshow thing is really great! The files look good now, and even some of my other video files look much better now. Thanks alot! :)

Hm, I think I have quite a strange theory for you this time: *hehehe*
Mabye the difference between Orga and Gilgamesh is that the Orga kids were either born in a natural way or they were breeded, in order to create a new kind of human race with special powers. But the Gilgamesh kids were most likely cloned (their names are numbers), so the Professor/Enkidu chose a different way to create that new race.

Ehm, do you get what I mean? *confused today*

Anyways, I really have to learn more about the original Gilgamesh myth and other Babylonian myths! Maybe that helps me understand the story.

shadowreaper

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2003, 12:36:49 pm »
Anybody know where I could find some good quality pictures of those symbols that Gilgamesh has on their shirts. I'd really like the symbols to be white just like on the shirts. I've got two made now but I'm having trouble doing the others. I've normally been using the gilxx.com wallpapers and just editing them down to only have the symbol. I'm wanting to make some shirts of the symbols. Thanks!

Saya

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2004, 11:15:14 am »
@shadowreaper: My first idea was gilxx.com, too. Maybe you should check it again, they have some updates from time to time.
I love these symbols, too. They look so awesome!
Making shirts with these symbols sounds really great. What do they look like? White symbols on black shirts? How can I get one?  ;D

P.S. When will the next episode of Gilgamesh come out? Very soon, I hope.  :-/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 11:18:48 am by Saya »

shadowreaper

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2004, 04:05:19 pm »
I....need....my....Gil-fixx...get it? like Gilxx...but Gil-fixx...hehe. Must have eps 12 and 13!