Author Topic: Gilgamesh!  (Read 118122 times)

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
Re: Gilgamesh!
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2003, 11:30:25 pm »
thanks digitize,
you're always nice to me, the only one  :'(
nachite nachite. in case you dont know japanese that meant just kidding, just kidding.
hehe. it looks like ep 4 will be released soon, if everything goes well.

-gk
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2003, 01:00:49 am »
Green your never on irc anymore so how are we suppost to know who u are. I know who u are and maybe talked to u once.

And I still say gilgamesh is still shitty!!!!

Vash XD
Vash XD

digitize

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2003, 02:17:44 am »
Vash, no you're nutsy :)  Yes we need guys like green on irc, and guys like tanman off of irc...  nachite nachite (thank you green, I only know about 20 japanese words, added another to my small list :)).  Yeah sunday will be el dia de gilgamesh 04 ^^.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2003, 03:46:37 am »
Yes Yes I am nutsy not the othe word u think
Vash XD

Lobuz

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2003, 11:38:06 pm »
It's quite nice series, but I have a few small remarks.

Is it oryginally in 16:9 and is cropped to 4:3? Cause it looks like that. And it's sometimes annoying.

Why the audio is at 96Kbit/s mp3. It irritates sometimes. There are new better audio coddecs.

Why it's hardsubbed. If there are some translations for different language it's not handy. You can use ogm or mkv with srt or ssa,ass subtitles includedin it.

are there any chances for some changes?

Did You considered diferen ways of releasing files?Like eDonkey network with great eMule client. The files stey much much longer on that net with many sources.

I'm just replaying for Your ask for comments  ;) from front site

Regards
Lobuz

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2003, 12:53:56 pm »
its still sh*tty
Vash XD

digitize

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2003, 11:56:02 pm »
Lobuz: the first ep was 16:9, rest 4:3... believe me, I'd keep it like that if I could.  Although tofu pointed out that the op is probably 16:9->4:3... but the rest is definately 4:3.  Next, all groups basically use hardsubs, otherwise it'd be too easy for lamer groups to steal subs... and believe me, many groups would, hardsubs are just a standard in fansubs.  The same goes for mp3, we realize there are better audio codecs, like aac and such, just mp3 is the standard right now, hopefully that'll soon change.  As for container, hopefully we'll soon change to matroska too.  The reason we haven't really is just for ease, most leechers don't understand diddly.  Last with distro, we have a few main ways to distro.  The most popular is bt, than xdcc bots in the chan, and last newsgroups.  Im sure the files eventually make their way to emule or whatever, but really we don't feel like putting it on there ourselves.  The best way to get a file is within a few days of release getting it off an xdcc bot, or like 10 hours after a release on bt, you can get nice speeds either way.  Im just rambling on now, but anyway, if you have any questions ... I might have logical answers... and again with the codec/container thing... it's just a standard atm, hopefully things will change soon as matroska and aac and such become more stable, popular, etc... much as what  happened with xvid.

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2003, 02:11:26 pm »
I personally am lovin this anime, I love the dark, gloomy mood it set's, I laugh the thick lines in the art, defenantly something different from what I have seen before.

I friend of mine studdied the Gilgamesh epic in it's original language, which is Akkadian.
She has a "bit" of a Mesopotamien obession.

She too didn't understand it at first in the beginning of the episode, so for someone who has done a study on the Gilgamesh story being a bit confused in the beginning, it's no wonder others don't have a clue about it.

Gave it two thumbs up and was/is waiting for the others (she commented after seeing 2 episodes).

She totally loves LE for doing again such a wonderful serie. (I recall quite well that she loved Wolf's Rain as did I).

So yeah, I do hope we keep on doing this and I am sure waiting just as eager for the next episodes, don't make us wait too long!  ;D

Odd_shapeShifter

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2003, 04:29:46 pm »
Can't wait to finally watch ep4.  This series has been great to watch and dead easy to QC.  Well done to all involved.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2003, 08:54:53 pm »
Hi all, happy halloween.

@ vash: im never on irc because i am on a 44k modem connection with charges by the minute. cant be online for more than necessary, i.e. email and raw download.

it's sad and it hurts my soul but i cant do anything about it.

today we had water leak through the roof so I was busy until now and am dead tired. i hate to have to say this but the translation of ep 5 will have to wait until tomorrow my time (im in italy right now). hopefully i will have it done tomorrow afternoon, if not tomorrow night for sure. Sorry for the delay but right now I don't think i can make a decent translation.

-gk
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

rasha

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2003, 09:27:22 am »
ehh the series is interesting but I'm still not sure if i like it or not..I think if they start delving into why the people change and why they have these powers, I'll get it a little more...I'll keep watching tho ^_^ a series deserves a fair chance ^_^  btw, the website for the show is awesome! I can't read much of it but i LOVE the way they have it set up!

digitize

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2003, 02:32:35 pm »
@Green
Im sorry to hear about the water leak  :-/ hopefully that got fixed.  Anyway thanks for translating the ep despite your situation, everyone can expect the release later tonight ^^.

BoBaKa

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2003, 12:17:17 pm »
i'm lovin it !

this anime is a very dark one .. the storyline is going to boom and the anime is going to blow !

the_dreamer

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2003, 01:43:44 pm »
Yo, i'm french, so i notice one little thing : at the end of Gilgamesh, if you try frech translation for "to be continue" it's not " étre suivre" it's "à suivre" !!!  :P

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2003, 02:27:30 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's what it says in the japanese original.  Go shout at the gilgamesh producers in japan that they got the French wrong!

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents