Author Topic: Mermaid's Forest  (Read 44797 times)

Sai

Re: Mermaid's Forest
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 12:55:02 pm »
thanx 4 this ep...
quite interesting  :)

chii

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 01:04:14 pm »
Posted by: Legato_2057 Posted on: Today at 8:52am
A little too much info there chii  

oops... just couldn't help myself ;D

b00

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2003, 09:50:02 pm »
is it me or is the 2nd ep a little bit choppy??? ???

orogami

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2003, 06:25:53 am »
The 1st and 2nd ep are kinda choppy for me too. Where the heck can I get that new codec everyone was talking about? I read that someone's video was fixed once they installed it.

??? ???

Legato_2057

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2003, 01:19:38 pm »
http://roeder.goe.net/%7Ekoepi/xvid.shtml

This is koepi's website with the xvid codec. Make sure you get the UNSTABLE codec (four updates down). If you get the stable codec instead, the video wil play but will be extremely choppy.  

OOOOOOO

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2003, 01:05:53 pm »
All you guys having codec problems, I have none. Neither do I have Xvid nor Divx installed.  Indeed different versions of Xvid encoders combined with differed Xvid decoders have produced nightmares for me until I stopped using Xvid.

I use FFDshow from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/, a generic MP4 decoder, that has greater picture results decoding both XVID and Divx than both themselves.  You can tell it to use FFDshow or XVID or Divx or not, when its installed.

Regards,
Bluey.

Groonan

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 02:03:41 pm »
hi all i can only say that i've seen the 2 episodes and have no problems with the codecs.

I recommend also the ffdshow pack

And i have a question...

Episode 3 is not out yet. True?... cos ive searched and didnt find... if it's out please please and again please tell me where!! :P

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 02:29:08 pm »
It runs fine for me also.
I gotta check the eps to see if there was a special thanks to me on meraid's forest.

So I dont know whats up with your guys.

Vash XD
Vash XD

Marilyn

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2003, 02:35:20 pm »
Wow, I had no idea they started a series for this! I LOVED the movie "Mermaid Forest" and read the 4 comics of that storyline, but have yet to buy the graphic novels and read it all. Is anyone else upset that the video is out of print? And it's never on ebay when I look. At least now there is a whole series about it!

I'm currently using BitTorrent to download episode one, and it says it's going to take 47 hours. Should I just download IRC and get it from there instead? I've never used IRC before, so I'm somewhat nervous.

Anyway, I'm really excited to watch this! I hope it's as good as I want it to be!

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 10:32:36 am »
No need, I'll seed RTMF this saturday all the way through sunday night, I am not an IRC-fan myself and since I'm behind a router which IRC seems to hate I stick to BT aswell, I am so happy BT is there, BT-ownage!!!

Ha,so I thought right, it does look a lot like Inu Yasha's art, heh, and I just found out that RT is earlier work.

I haven't seen much of InuYasha and it's very difficult to come by where I live, and they don't show it on TV here, I doubt they ever will, I must admit it's the most longest anime serie I have heard off, lol, never enough information, information = Knowledge and Knowledge = Power, lmao. Sess is very molestable so I can understand.

Marilyn

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2003, 02:35:59 pm »
No need, I'll seed RTMF this saturday all the way through sunday night, I am not an IRC-fan myself and since I'm behind a router which IRC seems to hate I stick to BT aswell, I am so happy BT is there, BT-ownage!!!

Ha,so I thought right, it does look a lot like Inu Yasha's art, heh, and I just found out that RT is earlier work.

I haven't seen much of InuYasha and it's very difficult to come by where I live, and they don't show it on TV here, I doubt they ever will, I must admit it's the most longest anime serie I have heard off, lol, never enough information, information = Knowledge and Knowledge = Power, lmao. Sess is very molestable so I can understand.

Yeah, I'm having my boyfriend download it now through BT since I couldn't figure out IRC.

In looking at the art of the RT movies, Yuto looks a lot like Ryoga from Ranma 1/2. But the art in the TV series leans towards Inuyasha. Ranma 1/2 is much longer than Inuyasha, but that could change since it's still being made. I by far prefer the Mermaid's Forest story over Inuyasha, not that I don't like it, I just like MF better. I've loved it ever since I saw the movie, but I think I said that already.

Can't wait to see episode four today!

akahige

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2003, 12:36:21 am »
Just finished ep5 edit earlier today, so you should see a release soon.

This episode is good, look forward to it :)

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2003, 02:49:43 pm »
And another fine job it was too, this series is a pleasure to QC.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

chii

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2003, 08:23:19 pm »
Ha,so I thought right, it does look a lot like Inu Yasha's art, heh, and I just found out that RT is earlier work

It makes sense that this was done earlier because the animation is not quite as 'high-tech' as the new Inuyashas.  When was RTMF originally made?  Mid 90s maybe?

And yeah, don't all the women look like Sango?

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2003, 02:24:36 pm »
Mermaid's Forest is a brand new series, it is currently airing in Japan right now.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents