Author Topic: Mermaid's Forest  (Read 44767 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Mermaid's Forest
« on: October 11, 2003, 02:24:18 pm »
Hey!

So first off I'd like to say that this show has no connection to Rumic Theater whatsoever, so not having seen Rumic Theater will not affect your enjoyment of this show ^_^

I think this is one of the greatest horror stories ever told! What do you all think?

Did you like ep 1?  Any other old-school Rumiko Takahashi fans going crazy right now w/ excitement? :D :D

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

m.d.

Re: Mermaid's Forest
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 05:45:44 pm »
yay!  all of the new shows are unusual and exciting.  thank you for subbing them.

mermaid's forest ep 1 was interesting... i watched the episode before reading the "mermaid primer," so i was really surprised at how they were presented.  yuta and mana look like they'll be good protagonists, looking forward to the rest of the series.

rasha

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 10:02:38 pm »
im having a problem with the episode..it gets to a certain point and then the sound continues the picture doesnt..it's a bit choppy & pixilated in parts too but I don't know if it's my computer or the episode...I think i'll try to download it again because I need to see how the episode ends now! :)

funboy

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 10:59:07 pm »
i also have a problem. my picture jumps... i dont know if i can explein it better but it's like the picture blinks or something. really trubelling.

theDAVE

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2003, 11:22:11 pm »
i had the same problem, but it stopped after i installed the newest version of the xvid....

kaze_x

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 02:56:31 am »
I just want to say thank you guys so much for subbing this!  I've been a fan of this series since Viz started to release them in comic form.  (Man that seems like such a long time ago... ^_^) have every issue they put out.  (I'm a total old school Rumiko Takahashi fan and I am going crazy with excitement!!)

But I first heard about Mermaid's Forest becoming a TV series from you on this forum, and when I read the post I was freaking out!  (But I just became a forum member right now ^-^)  

But seriosuly I've always loved this series and I'm still blown away it's gettings a TV series!  Thanks again for subbing it!  You've really made me happy!

risu

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 02:02:13 am »
Um ... let's see.  Sorry if I'm being a nuisance and posting in the wrong forum ... I'm having a problem watching episode 1 of Mermaid's Forest.  I know I'm supposed to download the latest xvid codec and all that, but I have a Macintosh so it can't open the .exe file that the codec downloads as.  So I'm kinda stuck ... I was able to watch your Rumic Theater episodes with the earlier xvid by getting the ffmpegX program, but Mermaid's Forest won't work.  Is there any solution?  Do I just have to wait until I can get to a Windows-computer to download the episode?

I was able to get sound though.  It sounds pretty!!  Heh ^ˆ^;

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 11:54:23 am »
Umm, if you could watch the Rumic Theater eps, then you should be able to watch Mermaid's Forest...

I actually used the exact same encoding settings O_O;;;

Sure you tried everything?

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

killersushi

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 04:28:12 pm »
im having the same problem for mermaid's forest, the entire video's pictures jump around

risu

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 05:11:30 pm »
Well, I didn't try a whole lot, but I opened it in ffmpegX like I usually do for Rumic Theater and other xvid files, and when I clicked the "Play" button nothing happened (usually a little icon pops up and a window opens up to play the video).  I guess I'll keep messing with it and see what I can do ... thanks.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 05:29:18 pm »
Ep1 looked good, can't wait to get my grubby QCing hands on ep2.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

subby

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 02:24:34 pm »
Ep 1 was soooo good. my baby sister flipped when i told her you were doing this one so now i have to hook her up since her connection is crap.anyway as usual fantastic job can't wait for more.i've been looking forward to this one i do enjoy a story with a dark plot and well lets face it everything Rumiko Takahashi does is fantastic. After all she is one of the main reasons i'm such a huge anime fan.well keep up the great work.

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 09:00:18 pm »
I liked what I saw, the story seems interresting, I like the first season, I didn't know this before, and I do not know the artist or any of his or her other work, so I'm not that much of an old school fan, but a new one none the less.

I sometimes also have problems with xvid codec, I guess it can't be helped, all except the first one of the 1st season work for me, I'm still trying to think of new ways to get it to show.

Maybe I can upload it into flash and let it re-code it in it's own codec, I shall have to try and see if that works, that is, if it'll let it be imported into the program, it refused to load in VDub, Premiere and AfterEffects, but since I'm skilled enough to create games in Flash I might be able to use actionscript to load it and decode and re-code it, who knows, it just might work or not, I'll look into it in the upcoming days, don't expect anything though, if I do find out a way, I'll let you all know.

Anyways, it looks like it's going to be a very nice serie, is there going to be a 3rd season? I can hardly wait for that already!  ;D  :D

chii

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 02:17:35 am »
Well I didn't have any prob.s, but then again I have all the latest codecs!!! :P

Oh, I've once again fallen in love with Rumiko Takahashi's beautiful universe!  I just can't get enough of her work- especially these shorter series because although I'll never miss an Inuyasha, the plot became      v-e-r-y redundant about 100 eps ago.

Isn't Mana hot? I wish I looked like her.  Now if they could only get Sesshomeru to do a cameo...  mmmmm Sesshomeru...

*idle hands slowly make their way down to warm sticky genitals*
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 02:21:46 am by chii »

Legato_2057

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 12:52:51 pm »
A little too much info there chii :o