Author Topic: Prince of Tennis or PoT  (Read 35112 times)

Waldberg

Prince of Tennis or PoT
« on: May 28, 2004, 05:07:09 am »
Hi everyone ... i registered here because of one thing .... i want to ask  you to translate the prince of tennis anime.
Its like that : today i went to animesuke (like everyday) and what do i ve to see : Again a new translation group which puplished a naruto episode.
This is now the 4th or 5 th group which is taking care of naruto.
Of course ... naruto is great and its my favorite Anime as well as it is to many of you but i cant understand why nobody is translating pot.
Since anime.otakus stopped translating many fans have to watch the raws to see what happens next and instead of changing this i ve to see that another group is translating a anime which is already taken by so many other groups.
this disappointed me.
I know that ... everybody can come here and ask for a translated version of his favorite anime.
But Pot has many fans and is on the same level with animes like full metal alcemist (japan beloved anime nummer 1) and naruto (japan beloved nummber 10). pot got the 8 th place in this voting.
This is why i am asking you guys... one of  the biggest and surely best and reliably translation groups.
I really hope you will think about this.

greets from germany

Amano
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 06:23:32 am by Waldberg »

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of Tennis or PoT
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 06:29:31 pm »
as you can see my 2 pitiful little stars give me no say whatsoever on what gets translated and what doesnt.  i have seen a couple of eps of prince of tennis, crazy show but isnt it hella long?
dont we have enough really long series going?  do you plan on torturing me by suggesting this?
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Waldberg

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 02:21:25 am »
Yep you are right , we already have enough long series going thats it why we should take only the best :P ...
But for real ... i can understand that it is not easy to decide something like that because... i , to exemple, could`nt imagine to do anything like you guys do ... guess i am missing the right discipline so the fans wouldnt have much fun of the translation i would do ....
But i think its clear that ... if a fan wanna ask a favor about a business in which you are in ... he will run to you :D ( my englisch isnt the best ... hope you understand what i mean ;) )
Anyway ... Maybe you guys can just talk and think about it ... just watch some more episodes ... and decide =) ...
apropos ... about the size of pot ... as you know a.o have already translated 115 episodes ... and in japan they are now to 134 if i am right .
so you dont need to translate the other episodes.

Thanks for your time =)

greets

amano

Waldberg

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 02:25:17 am »
Yep you are right , we already have enough long series going thats it why we should take only the best :P ...
But for real ... i can understand that it is not easy to decide something like that because... i , to exemple, could`nt imagine to do anything like you guys do ... guess i am missing the right discipline so the fans wouldnt have much fun of the translation i would do ....
But i think its clear that ... if a fan wanna ask a favor about a business in which you are in ... he will run to you :D ( my englisch isnt the best ... hope you understand what i mean ;) )
Anyway ... Maybe you guys can just talk and think about it ... just watch some more episodes ... and decide =) ...
apropos ... about the size of pot ... as you know a.o have already translated 115 episodes ... and in japan they are now to 134 if i am right .
so you dont need to translate the other episodes.

Thanks for your time =)

greets

amano

p.s: befor i forget ... i dont wanna torture you  =) ... just imagine how many people you make happy at once with that.
Where do you get such an opportunity for love spreading  again ? ;)

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 07:20:11 pm »
spreading love abounds here at L-E and it does too at the local humane society full of cute kittens and puppies waiting to be euthanized  :P

umm..i was going somewhere with this.....
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 07:07:23 am »
well as a general practice LE does not pick up a series somewhere in the middle. Why did A-O stop subbing PoT? Maybe it's a better idea to bug them about it, or try to form a group centered around PoT. If there are that many fans, there probably is someone who knows a little bit of japanese, maybe even a few of them. If they truly care about the show, they can get together and translate the episode. That will beat watching the raw. Encoding, timing, and typesetting require no Japanese skills, so that could be done by any old fan.

As cryptic said, we are already doing many long shows, and are currently quite maxed out. I'm sorry that I cannot be a fansub ho and put out this time. But be sure to watch the other excellent shows are we are doing ;)

We're already spreading the love all around by doing what we are doing. We do all this fansubbing work as a hobby and our motivation is the luv (yeah baby!) already. Be sure to spread the love yourself, too, and promote our subs :p

P.S. Willkommen zum Forum. Ich hoffe das war nicht das letzte mal das wir dich hier sehen.
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 07:41:08 am »
i feel the emanating from your post kabbage!  :-*
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 07:41:57 am »
*love* i mean...
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 07:49:48 am »
Don't you know it. I'm full of love... at least I think that's what they said I was full of.
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake

Waldberg

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 03:08:24 pm »
The earth would be a much better place if everybody would be able to answer in such a nice way as you do kabbage  ;D

P.s : a 1 /4 pounder with tomato and salate is called in europe Royale TS =)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 03:11:11 pm by Waldberg »

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 07:09:34 pm »
yes kabbage is full of something..i think its love, but i could be wrong  ;D

PS: i know in france the 1/4 pounder is called a royale dunno about the rest of crazy europe :P
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 09:43:32 pm »
Yup, Royal TS, stands for Royal (mit) Tomate (und) Salat. :D Ich lebe gerade in Muenchen :)
And yes, I try to keep my answers civil and friendly to make this world a better place ;)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 01:45:51 am »
ahem... *points to other posts kabbage has made concerning a certain female translator that shall remain nameless  ::)
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 08:13:21 pm »
Hey! that's slander! I *was* nice and civil towards her too! You abused me to get to that third star! I see how it is, you will do anything to achieve your stars. But honestly, I was very nice and civil towards that stuck up translator too. Oops, did I just say 'stuck up'?  :P
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile