Author Topic: Yawara, yet again \o/  (Read 68458 times)

Alvaro

Re: Yawara, yet again \o/
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 04:11:43 am »

Hello.
I'm from Chile.
Thanks to all for translate Yawara!!!
Muchas gracias.
Bye

Offline Zentron

• Condor Hero
  • I love Anime, plain and simple!
    • View Profile
    • Anime Forever
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 04:43:39 am »
Eeeee-yes-yes Yawara back on the move, a big HURRRAAAYYYYYY
Oi!  Who pinched my Anime??
My small UK Anime site - Anime-Forever
My D&Dc fan site: Journeys Of The Realm

broodfaun

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 06:39:11 am »
Thanks live-evil, never expected two in a row.

wesbc

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 07:40:38 pm »
Just regsitered to say a big thanks.  I stopped after watch a few eps afraid that I'd get hooked too much and left high and dry.  Keep up the good work.

bchan5

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 07:34:53 pm »
Great stuff... old school anime is the best! but then again it is maybe cause I am old? heh... Keep up the good work LE

Eduardo

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 11:11:58 am »
Oh, Yawara is back,  it´s great!!!  [smiley=smile.gif]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 11:13:51 am by Eduardo »

bitman

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 12:27:14 pm »
Yay! More Yawara!

I can't explain why I like this series... perhaps because it's so very different from the typical rising athelete series *cough* Naruto *cough* Ranma *cough*, in that Yawara is not completely infatuated with being awesome. She just is. She works hard at Judo because it's part of who she is, not to show anyone up or prove anything.

Anyway, it's good to see more episodes. I can't believe it keeps going for over a hundred more... not that I expect it all to get translated, but keep up the good work!

Toshi

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2005, 03:09:39 am »
Thx to L-E! Great thing to see that Yawara is back,  for a second I thought you'd never continue subbing it ;)

Bane_the_ECF

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 06:22:44 am »
w00t! Another new episode! :D

Bane

jsmile39

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2005, 02:12:50 am »
Thanks Live-eviL!! I've had the Neko subs (1-32) on VHS for ages, but some are beginning to deteriorate, very nice to have these in digital format.

Best of luck on this project, much appreciated!

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 10:16:31 pm »

I can't explain why I like this series... perhaps because it's so very different from the typical rising athelete series *cough* Naruto *cough* Ranma *cough*, in that Yawara is not completely infatuated with being awesome. She just is. She works hard at Judo because it's part of who she is, not to show anyone up or prove anything.

That's the way a real 'martial artist' is (Zen 'without ego').  If you're really the best, you don't have to, or even want to go out of your way to show everyone.  Naruto and Ranma and those other stereotypical comic-book characters are so insecure and needy that they are constantly trying to prove to the rest-of-world that they are better than anyone else.  Yawara is also at least partly based on reality / realism or presenting a semi-real view of a martial art while ranma and naruto are an obvious fantasy.  

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 11:53:45 pm »
in defense of naruto (and i honestly can't believe i'm doing this but here goes) he didn't have any support from anyone for the majority of his life. he was rejected and shunned just because he had the nine tail fox sealed in him.  i find this to be a very real situation for a person to feel/want/need acceptance from their peers and the search to be loved for who they are.  and as the story progresses it seems that naruto is slowly realises that acceptance needs to come from himself first despite what others may think, he is who is he is and works hard to prove this to himself and to others i dont necessarily see it as trying to prove he is better just that he is equal.    yawara on the other hand seems well loved by everyone, has a loving, albeit crazy/eccentric, grandfather and is good at what she does (truly she has a gift) but takes it for granted.  eventhough she has now set a goal for herself, she really isnt working all that hard to achieve it. instead of practicing hard for her events  (which is supposed to be her passion..frankly i've seen doorknobs exhibit more excitement about being turned than she has about judo) she is spending the majority of her time, losing precious hours of sleep to study for an exam so she can to major in..homemaking? wtf is THAT about?  she isn't the best at what she does.  she is a big fish in a small pond and soon she will be a small fish in the ocean once she trys to compete at a world level and not concentrate fully on judo and give it her all.  this is accurate of people in real life as well.  heck, i did it in highschool with my studies and went on auto pilot and did not make an effort to learn more, do better.  i still graduated with honors but i realise now that that can't happen all the time.  i'm just waiting to see if yawara will find that out.  
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2005, 09:06:39 pm »
Yawara is supposed to be a typical girl (in japan) like the 'girl next door' character type.  Other than the she is very skilled in Judo. Her dream is not to compete or to be a world-class champion, that is the dream that others (ie. grandfather) force on her.  She is only doing it as a way to get closer to that guy, not to mention her father.

Offline ANDARIAL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2005, 09:51:04 pm »
just joined to say well done on subbing this great series.hope you continue to the very end.well done guys.little tip  for other fans ...dont watch the `special` that is out and about ,i did last night and it has spoilt some of my enjoyment of the series as i now know some details about what will be in future episodes(i think):(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:03:12 pm by ANDARIAL »
ANDARIAL is awesome, worship him!

Offline ANDARIAL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2005, 10:12:39 pm »
i know better than to ask when the next episode is coming out.so i won`t
but is this series still ongoing?please tell me yes :)
ANDARIAL is awesome, worship him!