Author Topic: Yawara, yet again \o/  (Read 67560 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: Yawara, yet again \o/
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2006, 08:39:17 pm »
The problem is that Tofu is the lynch pin in a lot of projects. He decided to pick up translating stuff and then he dropped the ball and lost interest / couldn't be bothered to work on it.

That's left us with lots of half done projects that can't progress untill Tofu does some work be it TL checking or full ep translating.

Luckily Yawara doesn't require Tofu's intervention as that has another translator...

But...
Ask Dr. Rin
3000 Leages In Search of Mother
Magical Angel Creamy Mami (less than 10 eps off being finished -.-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;)
Galaxy Express 999

All of those require Tofu's intervention before they can progress in some way or another and all of them have had very slow release rates. Yeah I can accept 1 or 2 eps every couple of months but I will NOT accept projects being left for a YEAR without being worked on. That's unfair to the fans of that show.

And to answer your other question
Translator watches raw, writes down dialogue in to .txt file and sends
Timer takes .txt file and times it to the audio and creates a proper timed script
Editor edit's the script for grammar / puncuation and makes it sound better
Typesetter makes it look pretty and apply's all the different fonts and stuff you see.
Encoder applies the subs to the raw video and produces the final vid that the leechers download.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2006, 03:18:44 pm »
Yawara is a nice series...from the beginning to the end it kept me engrossed in it like a book.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Lothar

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2006, 11:02:37 pm »
Thank you for releasing the recap eps!  I don't know what it is about this series that keeps me coming back for more, but I'm glad more has come out.   :)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2006, 09:03:14 am »
Thank you for releasing the recap eps!  I don't know what it is about this series that keeps me coming back for more, but I'm glad more has come out.   :)
Maybe it's the unique plot?  I know whenever there was some competition, i was totally excited^^. :D
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii