Author Topic: Yawara, yet again \o/  (Read 67303 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: Yawara, yet again \o/
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2005, 10:35:53 am »
124 regular anime episodes
1 animated movie
1 live action movie
1 end of series OVA

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2005, 06:21:08 pm »
Well Yawara 41 is out folks, hope you have enjoyed the recent spate of fast releases.

Yawara is now a joint project with Froth-Bite and I'm pleased to say that Yawara 42 is edited and will be typeset soon and work is already far advanced on the 2nd OP and ED which we will need from Ep 46 onwards.

For those who need catch up I put up batch torrents today of 21 - 25, 26 - 30 and 31 - 35. I'll prolly do a 36 - 41 batch torrent once Ep 46 is released.

Just an interesting statistic for you, with Ep 41 and those 3 batch torrents I went through circa 30GB of torrent bandwidth on my new server today  :o . Its a good job I like Yawara isnt it ? XD . But please do try and help your fellow leecher out if you can by seeding those batch torrents as I can't keep my box on there all the time I dont have an unlimited supply of bandwidth to consume  ;) .

Regards

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

Anax

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2005, 01:52:54 am »
I'm working at getting my BT client set up to seed everything nicely again.  Unfortunately, the 21-25 batch torrent doesn't work for me!  :(  Anyway, I'll be seeding everything else as I can.  :)

chaokwan

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2005, 05:47:22 am »
The torrent file for the Yawara batch ep21-25 doesn't seem to be working for me.  I get an error msg.  I use Azureus.  Is the torrent file ok?

Anax

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2005, 06:15:33 am »
I've figured out what the problem is--this particular file was created with Azureus, and it looks like Azureus did something weird in that one specific instance.  The "dht_backup_enable" item in the "azureus_properties" part of the torrent should be an integer, but is instead a string (containing the value "1").

A *second* problem is that Azureus reads the file enough to cache its own internal copy of the .torrent file, which will keep the error coming back, even if you fix the file.

Look in your Azureus cache (...wherever Azureus keeps stuff on your system.../active/) for a file called 3938659FE003D69303ADFCB4E7774BB9A5193B0F.dat (and possibly that same name .dat.bak)  You'll need to delete this file before continuing.  You should probably shut down Azureus, then delete this file, then start back up again.

Once you've done that, you can load a repaired .torrent file into Azureus (my version is attached here as .torrent.txt, to get past the attachment filters--sorry), and all should be well.  Because the change is outside of the info section of the .torrent, it doesn't change the tracker signature, and all continues to work as expected.  I might ask that someone from L-E upload my repaired version (or repair the file themselves) to .torrent sources (I got mine from scarywater), since this problem is going to hit any user of a recent Azureus version--and the workaround (as you see above) isn't trivial.

Thanks.

(Edit: Oh, and I found the torrent going with 11 peers and no seeds--everbody was almost almost almost done, too.  Happily seeding away, now.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 06:20:10 am by Anax »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2005, 10:30:35 am »
Urr how quickly did you jump on this torrent might I ask when I first put it up ?

There was a bit of a screw up when I first made the torrent and I removed it from scarywater and readded it. If you got it in the first 10 - 15 minutes of the torrent going on the web you probably got the messed up version but after that everything should be working quite happily ^^. (Well the number of complete downloads should indicate that). I know after remaking the torrent I uploaded best part of 30GB to get the torrent going on my server.

-gumbaloom

Anax

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2005, 07:45:48 am »
Well, I may have initially grabbed it pretty early--but I can safely say (since I just downloaded it again to check) that the copy on scarywater is definitely still broken.  It will work just fine--for anybody who *isn't* using Azureus 2.3.0.4.  Azureus 2.3.0.4 will choke on it every time.  (Note, though, that if Azureus has a *working* copy in its cache, it will ignore the bogus one, just like Azureus will ignore the working one if it has a bogus copy in its cache.)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2005, 08:17:56 am »
WEIRD...well I KNOW I remade it and my torrent logs speak for themselves. Must just be one one of life's little weirdnesses. Its just so darned weird that the other 2 batch torrents arent having any reported issues. Well the torrent is working apart from this little weirdness ^_^;;;

-gumbaloom

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2005, 08:39:48 am »
w00t Yawara 42 is out with our friends from Froth-Bite anime.

Yawara goes to the Desco club \o/

-gumbaloom

Offline Zentron

• Condor Hero
  • I love Anime, plain and simple!
    • View Profile
    • Anime Forever
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2005, 03:48:26 pm »
The start of the new era for the Yawara project, good luck, both of you!

*Oh, and please fix the errors*
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 09:17:48 pm by Zentron »
Oi!  Who pinched my Anime??
My small UK Anime site - Anime-Forever
My D&Dc fan site: Journeys Of The Realm

Offline gamersglory

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2005, 11:23:34 pm »
Yawara 43?

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2005, 11:58:48 pm »
Because this is now a joint project AND because episodes are being translated from scratch don't expect the same rate of releases as you have seen in the past few months.

Yawara 43 will be out in due course

-gumbaloom

kiokenx31

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2005, 02:15:37 pm »
Don't drop yawara!! The anime is so badass!! For being 16 years old!! I know you guys on Ep 44.  But just wanted to let you know keep up the great work.  This anime rocks!!  How long does it take for each ep to get subbed?  I watched all 44 eps like in a week.   :P  Hopeuflly you guys can sub the ova and the other things too! You know what to do!! Ban KAi!  ::)

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2005, 07:53:07 pm »
don't worry about it being dropped just yet :D
The resident bastard.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2005, 08:50:28 pm »
Thats some hard core Yawara watching  :o

oh and yes Yawara isn't dropped, 45 - 47 are translated and in the works.

-gumbaloom