Author Topic: Space Symphony Maetel  (Read 62936 times)

Thorgal

Re: Space Symphony Maetel
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2005, 03:58:32 am »
Any idea if there'll be a v2 of the 4th episode ? There's something wrong with the audio and sounds like doubled. The other three DVD episodes have not such problems.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 07:27:14 am »
???
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Thorgal

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2005, 04:11:29 am »
???

Just try to watch it with a surround setup and you'll see (doesn't matter if it's PC or XBMC). There's some funny noise in the surround and center channels while watching the whole episode 4.
It's not that big deal but it's a little pain in my ears to follow the dialogues. It's like botch stereo channels does have a little different timing.

All the previous episodes are fine.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2005, 04:16:06 am »
i didnt hear anything like that when qcing that ep..but i do not watch my anime in surround sound either...
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2005, 04:26:26 am »

Just try to watch it with a surround setup and you'll see (doesn't matter if it's PC or XBMC). There's some funny noise in the surround and center channels while watching the whole episode 4.
It's not that big deal but it's a little pain in my ears to follow the dialogues. It's like botch stereo channels does have a little different timing.

All the previous episodes are fine.

Check the inside of your speakers for bees, houseflies, damselflies, moths, etc.  If you're in the northern hemisphere, it just turned spring, so the season for these things just started.  Sometimes the speaker making noise at certain frequencies can wake up the creature, causing it to flap around and make more noise / distortion.

If you still hear the funny noise, but you don't see anything inside or outside your speakers, it must be something invisible like a fairy.  In this case, there's not much you can do.

If this is a constant problem, consider getting a pet spider, a carnivorous plant, or some other plant/animal that eats bugs.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 04:27:13 am by Sindobook »

Thorgal

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2005, 04:32:02 am »
@crypticgimp

Yup, you'll not really be able to notice this problem with a stereo setup but do not forget this show was mixed in Dolby Surround.

I don't know if this is a problem with the original DVD source or something was messed up during the encoding. If there'll be no v2 of this one episode i can life with this but it's still something that can not be ignored that easy. ;)

EDIT: Even if it looks like that no one here really care during QC about messed up audio encoding... just noticed a similar problem with Tsubasa Chronocle eps1. Was it the same encoder who did both episodes ?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 07:17:18 pm by Thorgal »

streever

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2005, 11:47:55 pm »
That is a pretty rude posting.

" no one here really care"?

If they didn't care why would they spend all of this time working on it?

They have done a lot of work for free. If you want to complain, complain that we don't have more episodes :D I love Maetel!

Anyway, I agree with Live-Evil. Check your settings... It is weird that no one else has reported a problem, as many people have downloaded this and it's unlikely that you are the only one with a surround sound setup.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2005, 12:12:07 am »
don't..really...care....???  as i said earlier, i didnt hear anything wrong..still dont hear anything wrong and i am usually the person who has problems with stuff.  
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2005, 05:21:46 am »
Try ep 2 of Tsubasa Chronicle when we release and let me know if it's the same problem. I am trying a different version of lame...

-Tofu

Thorgal

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2005, 04:48:14 am »
Just tested episode 2 and there's still the same problem.

At first place this sound to me like a clipping problem during the dialogues but i'm not really sure about it.

btw... got yesterday your version of Windaria with the same problem with the audio.

@streever
L-E stuff sure care about QC but if a show is produced in Dolby Surround from the beginning and you can't enjoy it this way something should be done about it. If they didn't no one would have answered my posting.
I'm running a professional recording studio and that's why i can notice those kind of things very quick. I tried out the releases on different PCs/Mac and codecs and on my XBOX and on 2 different types of THX-Ultra2 multichannel decoder as well (Denon AVC-A1 XV and Lexicon MC-8/LX-7).

If SSM take longer to release i don't care as long it will not be delayed until a licence. As you said they do it for free and have to buy (?) the DVD source from somewhere so there's nothing to complain about the speed of releases.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 04:50:51 am by Thorgal »

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2005, 05:59:56 am »
Okay, Thorgal, I'll try another mp3 encoder for ep 3. Let me know if it fixes it ><

-Tofu

LordGus

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2005, 12:12:20 pm »
I was under the impression that this show was back on track again. Has something happened? I need my Maetel.  :( Ganbatte kudasai!  :D

SotorinKaroru

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2005, 03:06:03 pm »
I want to thank you guys for sticking with this series! This is the most engaging GE999 Product(with Maetel in it) ever. I've never really liked the GE Saga, but I think Nazca and the subplot with Leopard make it more interesting.  Great to see Harlock and everybody in this ep. too.

thanks again,

Carol

Icehawk

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2005, 08:57:25 am »
.....My gods.... THANK YOU for continuing this series!  Please keep up the good work on it. 

gamer

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2005, 09:07:42 pm »
thank you so much, i really appreciated
this is a masterpiece