Author Topic: Space Symphony Maetel  (Read 69444 times)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Symphony Maetel
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2005, 08:06:58 pm »
OK this seems to be it, when I installed Matroska splitter (above) and told it to override the MPEG-4 system splitter in MPC I could play it.  So all in all you need to install Media Player Classic, ffdshow, and finally the Matroska splitter and select the option to have the Matroska Splitter open .MP4 files (rather than MPC).  For the people having problems hopefully that does it.  MPEG-4 system splitter in MPC seems to be broken, I couldn't open other .mp4 files (like the ones the pigs encoded for their PSP) on my PC but once I installed it any .mp4 seems to open fine.  Even though it lists .mp4 splitting as an 'experimental' feature... so I wouldn't enable it for .avi files or anything else.

MCMXC

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2005, 08:36:03 pm »
With the new matroska splitter the audio works, thanks:)

Offline Hybridchild

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2005, 09:06:44 pm »
Secondly h264 doesnt need a lot of CPU power. One of our QC'ers is running on a p3 800mhz machine and can play h264 encodes just fine :D. Oh by the way xvid does kinda need a good CPU too. 1ghz+ recommended but I've known people with p3 600's play xvid fine.

It depends on the rest of your system stats, having alot of RAM and/or a high end graphics card can compensate for having a slower CPU, personally i have a p3 700 576mb of ram and a 32mbit graphics card and i cant get any h264 encode.

Getting a h264 encode to play with a CPU is quite impressive and you will most likely find its the exception rather than the rule and just because one person you know can play them doesnt mean everyone else can.

Lord_Satorious

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2005, 07:36:35 am »
OK, I can't get this to run no matter what I do.  I installed some rev. 287A version of the x264 codec, but it still won't run the file.  I'm using the latest version of MPC and ver. 0.4.6, build 4668 of ffdshow.  I need a step-by-step procedure with links if necessary of how to get these damned h264 encoded videos to play, I'm getting tired of not being able to play the anime I download.

Offline EduHed

• n00b Hero
  • Gaack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2005, 09:46:24 am »
The bit about the matroska splitter was the key for me as well. Without it, I was getting neither sound nor video with MPC when trying to play the h.264 file.

Also, the above comment about only checking h.264 formats during the install of the 2005-8-22 ffdshow also backfired on me. Unchecking the other file formats not only did not help me to see the latest maetel episode, it also kept me from viewing my other video files as well.

To reiterate what works: start with Media Player Classic, install the latest ffdshow (I just accepted all the deafult settings during the install), then install the matroska splitter (selecting the option to use it with .mp4 files).

Moving up to newer things is sometimes painful, but often worth while. I hope to see some more great stuff come out in this format soon.
Madoka is awesome, worship her!

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2005, 05:01:36 pm »
Also, the above comment about only checking h.264 formats during the install of the 2005-8-22 ffdshow also backfired on me. Unchecking the other file formats not only did not help me to see the latest maetel episode, it also kept me from viewing my other video files as well.
The only reason to uncheck the other file formats is if you already have a codec installed (ie. xvid) and would prefer to keep using that codec.  If you are currently using ffdshow and would like to keep using it, just make sure you have the latest version and if not install the latest with the defaults.

As for systems, .avi only became so popular because most of the newer codecs and players worked best with .avi.  Long ago MPEG-1 (.mpg) was the preferred format for 'high-quality' media, and then divx311alpha (MS-MPEG4V3 or something like that) came along and most groups switched to .avi in order to use it.  So going back to MPEG is really nothing new, and probably for the best since MPEG is a real ISO/IEC standard and .avi was just a windows system with hacks necessary to support things like B-frames and variable bitrate audio.  In the future cross-platform support for MPEG-4 will probably be better than that .avi, esp. when it comes to standalone players.

GuruClef

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2005, 09:08:22 pm »
I'm also having problems with this episode. I've gotten it to the point where the audio will run normally, but the video gets out of sync (seems to happen at the begining of the file).

I'm open to suggestions on how to fix this.

I'm running the 08/22/2005 version of FFDShow, along with the Matroska Splitter mentioned here, and am using Windows Media Player (I've tried running this in MPC, with no luck, and VLC (which crashes after about 15 seconds).

Any help would be greatly apprecated.

Jedi-Master-Yoda

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2005, 10:37:25 pm »
ok, you have to have codec installed, otherwise playback will be 'iffy' for some people, i have also found out that those who use codec packs get these strange problems, always install everything independantly.  Also i have requested the files i use to playback be posted here, as soon as i get response from webmaster i will post further.

if anyone have not tried, you can try to play it with zoomplayer 4.0 basic.

For those who are having audio problems, try reinstalling ffdshow, and set video decoder to decode only x264,h264, BUT for audio decoder set it to decode mp3 audio, this is just as same as normal LAME or Fraunhofer mp3 decoding just FFDSHOW will decode your audio.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 11:17:27 pm by Jedi-Master-Yoda »

GuruClef

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2005, 11:40:56 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I've downloaded Zoom Player, but will have to wait until later to try it out. I have class shortly and don't have the time to play with it or FFDShow right now.

Offline ladoga

• n00b Hero
  • what is this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2005, 03:17:06 am »
Secondly h264 doesnt need a lot of CPU power. One of our QC'ers is running on a p3 800mhz machine and can play h264 encodes just fine :D. Oh by the way xvid does kinda need a good CPU too. 1ghz+ recommended but I've known people with p3 600's play xvid fine.

I disagree.

On 1GHz Duron/640Mb/Radeon 9800Pro :

xvid
25-35% cpu usage

h.264
85-99% cpu usage
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:23:57 am by ladoga »

Offline psychogoatee

• n00b Hero
  • Wandering samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2005, 03:25:18 pm »
Heya, excellent work subbing this classy anime. Matsumoto is always in fashion.  8)
Hiten Mitsurugi style, Sieg Zeon!

Gabriel

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2005, 06:25:52 pm »
Hi there,
is there anyone who can tell me with which prog I can re-encode the h264 codec eps to divx/xivd? ffdshow always knocks my PC down and I'd like to watch it with my dvd player.
thx a lot!
Gabriel

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2005, 04:21:33 pm »
hasn't anyone noticed the new SSM?
tnx guys
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2005, 09:43:25 am »
tnx for the new SSm guys,this show rocks
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2005, 01:51:38 pm »
There's lots more coming as well.

Many thanks to the new people on the project for speeding things up and to everyone else for sticking with us all this time.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents