Author Topic: Election  (Read 21693 times)

KillJoy

Re: Election
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2004, 04:51:33 am »
North Korea already kicked inspectors out before we decided to attack Iraq, but then again we were at work with Afganastan while deciding to attack Iraq.  I support the troops being there after the fact, I do not support going into attack when we had little to no support to start with and had a serious issue starting else where that has given others a chance to hold a distructive element that makes them a major player in the world as well now.

Then again it all doesn't matter.  Too late to cry over spilled milk.

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2004, 05:07:49 am »
yeah, hindsight is twenty-twenty.  There's a really interesting documentary about the Gulf War on the history channel right now...
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 12:28:15 am »
I think it's sad we spend so much time trying to 'humanise' war so that it's not seen as bad anymore.  (ie. whining about Abu Ghraib or pulling out of Fallujah months ago).  War is bad no matter how you fight it, even with the dumb 'rules and laws of war' that the UN and other groups try to impose.  These are the people who want to make war eternal or make war the norm... by 'humanising' or sugar-coating it without changing the underlying nature itself.  IMO we should just get it over with (turn the nation into one big parking lot for all I care) and then be done with it, no more war in that country -- or what's left of it.  Time to move on.  This 1984-ish let's prolong the war and drag it out and make war eternal the norm (ie. the 'forever war' between oceania, eurasia, and ???) is just lunacy and it needs to stop.  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 12:28:37 am by Sindobook »

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 05:42:51 am »
amen.  ;)
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

KillJoy

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004, 03:33:43 pm »
Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 11:44:39 pm »