Author Topic: Translation services offered...  (Read 14752 times)

Bane_the_ECF

Translation services offered...
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:37:23 am »
Hi, I've talked to Vash about offering help in translations for your fansub group. Although fairly inexperienced in translating, my Japanese and English are both natively fluent and I think I would become a useful resource for your group.

You can contact me via AIM: BaneChEE  or  ICQ#: 36671155
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 07:40:30 am by Bane_the_ECF »

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
Re: Translation services offered...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 04:37:00 pm »
nice bane. once you sign on to aim, you will get a message from me =]
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 04:39:09 pm »
nice :D
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Mango

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 11:32:13 pm »
My wife and I are interested in translation for the Detective Q as well as perhaps starting back up the Kindaichi projects. Feel free to email me so we can set something up. Thanks,

-Koobear  :)

Offline sosanimeboy

• n00b Hero
  • LE Staff - Editor and Death Note Harem Alpha Male
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 02:03:17 am »
nice bane. once you sign on to aim, you will get a message from me =]

I second that sentiment. Where are you, Bane?

Swing by my place and experience a whole new world of pain...

Offline nagafan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 06:15:45 pm »
Hi:

I am new here so please don't beat me too hard if this is a bad question, or the wrong thread... :o .

I have an episode of an anime that was never translated into English, and I would love to hire someone to make a translation for me if possible. Of course subtitles and the rest would be great but I'd be perfectly happy with a script.

Is anyone interested in atleast talking about it?

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 06:24:41 pm »
Okay....Im listening.

Before you propose it, Make sure it does not fail automatically due to...

A)Being Licensed
B)Being Already subbed somewhere and you didn't know (This will result in a blatant deluge of flame, you will be held accountable for your own ignorace or lack therof!)
C)Being such a low quality rip that most people wouldn't bother watching it.

Okay, Now then, The next set of criteria
A)If the show is wussy, I will not be part of it.
B)If the show is recent, there is good chance I will also not care
C)If the show is Clamp, you stand a good chance at convincing Tofusensei, but Not Gumbaloom. Do this at your own peril, as Tofu has alot of other stuff to catch up on, and fans that will be MORE PISSED if he starts B.S.-ing etc.

Other than that, I encourage you to drop us a line, and tell us about it! ^^;!

Offline nagafan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 06:30:47 am »
Okay, here's the situation. "Maze the Mega Burst Space" is the anime in question. When it was released in North America 25 episodes were released, all subbed and dubbed. And licensed. And I own a copy

Recently I was surprised to discover there was a 26th episode! It was never released in the North American distribution. I don't know for sure about non English releases, but I am reasonably certain that the English release world wide was the North American one. The person I obtained the twenty sixth episode  from is sure it isn't licenced. Alas, I have not been able to find a way to absolutely confirm or deny that.

The problem is simply that all through the anime there is an undercurrent of sexual tension. In this episode, almost certainly the true last one, after the 25th brings the series to a close(but I could be wrong), the creators decided to spoof themselves and poke fun at the sexual undercurrent by having a magic spring alter some of the characters personalities in bizzare, and obviously sexual ways. Meanwhile, those that didn't get sprayed by the spring watch in a sort of horror, exchanging comments as the affected ones under go various comic but hentaish changes.

Now we know why it wasn't released to North America...

As a fan of the series, and of Akahori-san in general, this is, of course, like finding a piece of the true cross or something, hentai or not.

Finding the movie remains the Holy Grail...

So here's my problem, I have an episode where I have no understanding of the dialogue, and I would love to hire someone to give me a script. I have searched the net for Maze for years, but I can't even find a site that acknowleges a 26th episode (let alone provide a translation) except for this one, and by sheer luck I managed to snag the owner one night on AOL and she kindly downloaded it to me.

http://www.demihuntress.envy.nu/download.html

So, would this be an acceptable project for anyone?

Pretty please with sugar on it? ;D

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 06:42:33 am »
I can say that I'm interested. L-E is not a Hentai group. I am not a Hentai fan.

Since I am in a good mood, I will not unleash a deluge of trollish flames until you are chared and crispy on both sides.

Offline nagafan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 10:07:38 pm »
I'm not a hentai fan as such, either, but as I said, it is the fact that this is a missing episode from an anime that I like that makes me want a translation.

By the way, there are no outright intercourse or orgasm scenes, but it is probably a bit harder than what most people would call ecchi.

It's just that it completes the collection as it were, he, he...

If you don't want to do it that's alright, I was only asking. Do you know of any translators that might be interested?