Author Topic: INITIAL D REAL LIFE MOVIE  (Read 35978 times)

sidewayskouki

INITIAL D REAL LIFE MOVIE
« on: October 07, 2004, 08:43:02 am »
Hey, i just found out, but i dont know how many of you know, they are making, i think done maybe, a real life initial d movie, here is a link with more info. and i was wondering if live-evil will subtitile it or something like that??

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c0328a55a29c05797e5f1d2d8059a10f&threadid=8883

Supra_Saiyan

Re: INITIAL D REAL LIFE MOVIE
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 04:21:14 pm »
^
Knew about this since last yr.  stars jay chow as takumi, edison chen as ryosuke, chapman to as itsuki, anthony wong as bunta, jordan chan as sudo kyouchi, and a few other honkie celebrities.

angelan

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 12:39:33 am »
hmmm....edison chen as ryosuke.....
i think he would've made a better keisuke....MUCH better keisuke....*shrug*

oh and weird lineup , everyone is mainly canto speaking from hk, where as jay's mandarin. hrm.....i guess jay chou as takumi means mandarin?

Offline Love_Eun_Hye

• n00b Hero
  • @ Anime - K PoP @
    • View Profile
    • www.RacingWeb.Net
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 12:54:14 am »
I'm wondering could he really drift like Takumi?

If he could it'd be nice to see.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 12:54:40 am by Love_Eun_Hye »

dc

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 04:43:01 pm »
omg....... a real life ey??? thats MAD!!!

chaicka

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 10:50:52 pm »
I have seen real-life drifting here but to do drifting to the extreme like takumi, I haven't seen in real life. Extreme in the sense of drifting with the vehicle so close to the road barrel, that's going to take one rich crazy drifter to do so in real life......

I hope to see too...

KillJoy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 11:02:02 am »
I actually had a DVD extra of the guy they got to do drifting for the 3rd stage's sound effects and he is crazy.  I can't remember, but I think he is the guy from the drift bible. if someone knows for sure I would love to find out.

anyways he is one of the best people out there doing it, so I would hope they get him or someone like him to design the stunts?  

though most likley we are over looking one fine point...  They could just CG it all since the cartoon does.

Bummer.

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 01:30:03 pm »
^
Keiichi Tsuchiya, the drift king
He is my GOD
I worship him

Yeah, i hope they dont CG it like in the Legend of Speed
It looked alright seeing the evo and wrx drift the corner but you can tell its fake.

DARCnarc

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 03:43:26 pm »
nah i reckon CG would be the only way to allow the drifting to be anywhere near as good as in the anime, and that's what its all about anyway.

Offline GooWakJai

• Condor Hero
  • I am Young and Dangerous (uh huh;)
    • View Profile
    • My World
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 09:11:45 am »
So wat ever happend to Keisuke's role n e ways?  I've only seen the other ppl.  Also, I think if its a HK film, then they might dub over Jay Chou's voice cuz he only speaks mandarin
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 09:17:43 am by GooWakJai »
Scars of the Past.  Memories of Pain

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 10:43:04 am »
yeah i hope cantonese will be one of the languages it will be released in..so i can understand without subtitles!

denkigrve

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 11:51:42 am »
nah i reckon CG would be the only way to allow the drifting to be anywhere near as good as in the anime, and that's what its all about anyway.

Nope... Probably not just CG. Expect some real driving. Watch any Drift Tengoku, or any Option video. There are people that can drift that good. Someone above mentioned "the drift king." He's retired... Kiechi doesn't slide anymore anyway. He's retired and all the drifting he does is judging for D1 now, and works with Option. Orido drives more than he does. Look at Ueo Katsuhiro, or Immamura, or Nomuken? Can't forget taniguchi either... there are TONS of awesome drivers.  In the US Vaughn Gitten JR, Chris Foresberg, Tony Angelo, Alex Phifer, Ken Gushi... should I go on? Any one of them could easily do some of the driving. While yes the anime is unrealistic, well was but now 4th stage introduced REALISTIC roads that are bumpty, and not perfect so it's not as unrealistic as it once was... You'll notice that Takumi's drifting isn't at very steep angles. It's very short and quick. He's basically going for speed, and using the course VERY efficiently. If some of the D1 (www.d1gp.com) drivers can get within a foot of each others drifting cars you better believe they can slide close to walls.

If you want more information on drifting I suggest....
www.d1gp.com
www.club4ag.com
www.dgtrials.com
www.driftday.com

All of those sites contain some good information. Although the DGTrials forums are NOT for the weak of stomach. They flame everyone that goes there, but at events they are like brothers... If you know of some local events I suggest going out. If you have the money and the time I would suggest trying to go see D1 or some Japanese or US pro's do some Demo's. It's like nothing you'll ever see or understand from just photos.

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 04:29:03 pm »
nomuken is a funny man.

Offline GooWakJai

• Condor Hero
  • I am Young and Dangerous (uh huh;)
    • View Profile
    • My World
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 07:38:20 am »
So, does anyone know who is gonna play keisuke's role?  cuz it seems like he's the character being lefted out.  Also, do yall think the movie is gonna start from the very beginning of stage 1?
Scars of the Past.  Memories of Pain

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 01:10:55 pm »
i think it was shawn yue.  the cast is pretty much all from the IA movies.
http://www.flora-fleur.net/envy/liveact.html