Author Topic: INITIAL D REAL LIFE MOVIE  (Read 35158 times)

Supra_Saiyan

Re: INITIAL D REAL LIFE MOVIE
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 01:13:04 pm »
^ but it seems he is nakazato takashi now

Victor_Vance

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 04:02:35 am »
Hey, i just found out, but i dont know how many of you know, they are making, i think done maybe, a real life initial d movie, here is a link with more info. and i was wondering if live-evil will subtitile it or something like that??

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c0328a55a29c05797e5f1d2d8059a10f&threadid=8883

This link seems pretty popular... I posted up on a couple od boards I regularly visit ;D

chAi

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 12:13:53 pm »
its not gonna be cg... its 100% real =p if the chinese community finally decided to make a movie with CG being the emphasis of over half the movie... this definitly would not be the first one...

KillJoy

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 06:36:15 pm »
If a live action movie did do well and get notice in the U.S. it really doesn't help us much since Tokyo Pop has the distrubtion rights for Initial D and will keep changing it to suit their own demographics who are not the people who tend to buy Anime.

I can only see a live action moving givng TP (thats right the same initals you give Toilet Paper) an ego boost as they will spin it as someone trying to cash in on their successful cartoon.....

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 07:18:39 am »
^

The fuck with tokyopop.   they are shit and have nothing to do with the live movie.  media asia has the rights to the movie so tokyopop can go fuck themselves

KillJoy

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 07:36:57 am »
I just mean to say that they will spin a live movie release as some kind of PR for their piss poor  mangled Initial D cartoons.

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 08:34:06 am »
^ prob some lame crap like fast and furious.

Mux213

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 12:57:58 am »
You guys may enjoy this, making of the movie of Initial D:

http://zombie.bigboon.com/eric/multimedia/MakingofInitialD.wmv

Yes the movie is played by HK actors, but it is mostly filmed on location in Japan from what I've understood. The story line is based on the comic but since you can't push 25 episodes iinto 1.5 hours of movie.. well you get it....  One of the things I've heard but I am not sure if it is true, is that natsuki becomes ryosuko's girlfriend in this version...

Owh and all the driving is real, not CG.

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 02:07:21 am »
^ seen before, ages ago

but thanks for posting up anyway

Offline tinlunlau

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 04:54:43 am »
there is confirmation that there will be CG in the movie but as to how it's going to be used,  no one really knows yet.  the movie's already wrapped up.  only thing they're doing now, is the CG and post production.

it'll release in the summer in which i would guess will, come out on DVD september or early october 2005

Mux213

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2004, 01:25:13 am »
SupraSaiyen, well it wasn' tposted by someone else and sence a lot of discussion about it was going on...

tinlunlau, I wonder how much CG they will use, so far from the footage that has been released they've done all the racing scenes for real..

KillJoy

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2004, 04:42:30 am »
I hope for the most part it is real with maybe some close calls like how clsoe he gets to the gaurd rail, if they put the rail in afterwords, that could be o.k.

tooocool49723

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 06:11:05 am »
No it wouldn't be OK to CG in a rail afterwords, it's not that difficult a maneuver.  Go watch some of the D1GP and tell me that they cant get someone to do the drifting scenes.  I'm hoping that the CG is only for little things like blending greenscreen into background or just the "normal" CG things.  If they do any part of the drifting (that could possibly happen, no drifting in mid-air through a flaming hoop, missing the small poodle dog in the center of the road and passing your opponent at the same time) then i'm gonna be angry.

/rant

Anyway, about tokyopop... well... I'm just glad i've got ebay and my region free DVD player ($24 at best buy, lol, if you see a "cyberhome" dvd player that's really small and <$40, get it, it's region free and cheap).

(as a sidenote, the only reason for this post was to subscribe to this thread.  There are easier ways, I know, i'm looking at the button right now, but this way is more fun)

Offline GooWakJai

• Condor Hero
  • I am Young and Dangerous (uh huh;)
    • View Profile
    • My World
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2004, 02:14:26 am »
You guys may enjoy this, making of the movie of Initial D:

http://zombie.bigboon.com/eric/multimedia/MakingofInitialD.wmv

Yes the movie is played by HK actors, but it is mostly filmed on location in Japan from what I've understood. The story line is based on the comic but since you can't push 25 episodes iinto 1.5 hours of movie.. well you get it....  One of the things I've heard but I am not sure if it is true, is that natsuki becomes ryosuko's girlfriend in this version...

Owh and all the driving is real, not CG.

Hey man, thnx for the link and post
Scars of the Past.  Memories of Pain

ryot4

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2004, 03:32:49 am »
there is confirmation that there will be CG in the movie but as to how it's going to be used,  no one really knows yet.  the movie's already wrapped up.  only thing they're doing now, is the CG and post production. it'll release in the summer in which i would guess will, come out on DVD september or early october 2005

agreed... most likely we'll have to wait till sept 05 for the dvd, then (if tp hasn't bought the rights) live evil could sub it. sort of like the naruto movie, but with less wait, since it's a chinese movie.