Author Topic: Non-English releases of Live-Evil  (Read 9462 times)

JJHaggar

Non-English releases of Live-Evil
« on: October 09, 2004, 06:27:26 am »
Hello, first of all sorry about my poor English ^^U
I also was not sure about what forum should I post in, sorry if I choose the wrong one.
I have seen (months ago) that one of your releases (Condor Hero) is fansubbed in French, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if i make a Spanish translation of Creamy Mami for your fansub.
I know lots of people whose mother language is Spanish that have downloaded your Creamy Mami, and they love the anime, so you'd make happy a lot of people, me between them ^^
Please, wether it's yes or no, let me know your decision (hope it's yes ^^)
Thank you in advance ;)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Non-English releases of Live-Evil
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 01:56:01 am »
English and Spanish are close enough such that a 1:1 line translation would be possible.

What we frown on is just giving scripts away, since in the past people that have planned on abusing our scripts have asked for them, then thrown tantrums when we refused to give them away (see previous threads on this topic).  But if someone who can be trusted and is competent enough to make a translation of the scripts were to volunteer, the proposition would probably be accepted.  Once the scripts are translated we can re-run those scripts with minimal effort, that alone is a very simple thing to do.

JJHaggar

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 09:01:43 pm »
Thank you for answering me, Sindobook, and sorry for taking so much time in answering you (I had problems with my computer and my internet conection) ^^U

I'm not sure if I have understanded you at all (when you say scripts you mean the subtitles?). You mean that you'd agree in passing me the subtitles if I don't spread them all over internet? Or that you'd agree in passing me the raws but the subtitles don't?
Another thing, What does "re-run the scripts" mean?

Well, weeks ago I asked about that on L-E IRC, and the crew said that by the moment, they didn't want to make it in Spanish. They also said that maybe when they had finished the English release, they would let me to start with the Spanish one.

But after reading this post I'm not sure if they changed their minds. If they are, please let me know.

See you ;)

Eduardo

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:04:52 pm »
Hello, I'm another Spanish fan of your releases  
I was also interested in making a Spanish version of one of your releases. I'm talking about Yawara.
Would you mind passing me the raws? or if you prefer, passing me the scripts to translate them? (I would translate them an then pass them again to you)
What do you think about it? ^^

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 04:59:35 am »
Yawara is under someone else, I can't help you with that.
For Mami, talk to me on irc and we will work something out.

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 11:39:06 am »
hmmmm,

well if any of this actually goes off, i wouldn't mind QCing a spanish version of the shows. ;)
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

JJHaggar

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 05:07:12 pm »
Thank you Sindobook! I'll connect to irc in a second ^^

By the way, I'm also interested in Yawara, so if the people in charge of the series give permission to Eduardo, I'd love to help. Just keep me informed ;)