Author Topic: Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko project  (Read 38131 times)

BossBorot

Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko project
« on: December 21, 2004, 07:19:41 pm »
This is not a petition to Live-Evil but more a request of help with this project I´m starting. While I´ve got the funds, time and accurate translations I still lack the DVDs. Though I´ve found a store that seems to have them, I´d appreciate if anyone could indicate me of any other place that carries either the DVD box or the 8 individual volumes. I´d also thank a source of alternate translations for this series, if existing.

Thanks in anticipation and look forward for Yoko!

Offline mocoto

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 12:12:43 am by mocoto »

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko project
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 09:00:34 am »
We can provide the DVDs, it is not a problem.
However, we cannot take responsibility if anyone implodes because of the cuteness of this project.  One former group that released one episode of Yok'yun years ago and yet to this day some of their members have not recovered from cuteness-induced insanity.  In order to protect the rest of their members and save those who could still be saved, the project was immediately halted.  It was not a very good release anyways, as the staff went insane making QC imposible.

I will be back in 2 weeks from today or less, you can PM me then on IRC.

Offline Akirasuto

• Condor Hero
  • Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 02:01:14 am »
o.o

Staff went insane... sounds fun :D

I'd love to see more of this ^_~
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 02:01:29 am by Akirasuto »

Boss_Boroto

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 01:24:17 am »
Ugh, actually I thoght nobody had answered, so went and bought the DVDs (and paid beatufully for them). Anyway, the project is on now, a blog on it will be started shortly. Cuteness I fear not, guess I´ve become immune. Anyway, this is an outstanding series, don´t hesitate to check out.

Though I´ve got translations of the dialogs, I possess only the japanese, unromanized lyrics of the songs, and not for all of them. Help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, either in romanizing the text or in getting the lyrics I miss. Anyone out there possessing the CDs could be of great help.

I hope to produce a couple chapters a month. Shortly I´ll be posting the blog address, where all news will be published. More info soon!

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 03:53:01 am »
If you need help with the songs or distribution, just ask :)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 05:53:35 am »
If you need help filtering the DVDs, ask.
I can give you the eriko filter set which works very well for noisy DVDs.  It did a very good job with eriko so it should work for those DVDs too.  

Boss_Boroto

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 09:35:03 pm »
Thanks, Tofu, actually I think I´ll need some help with distribution. Regarding the filter, my DVDs have cristal clear picture so far. Maybe I´ve got an untrained eye :D? My only technical problem at this point is with the subs: I´m ripping with Auto Gordian Knot, and I´m unable to add the subs on the first rip. I´ve got to do it later with Virtual Dub, but there´s a loss in quality. Any tip for Gordian Knot, Auto Gordian Knot or some other software solution?

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 11:29:34 pm »
Thanks, Tofu, actually I think I´ll need some help with distribution. Regarding the filter, my DVDs have cristal clear picture so far. Maybe I´ve got an untrained eye :D? My only technical problem at this point is with the subs: I´m ripping with Auto Gordian Knot, and I´m unable to add the subs on the first rip. I´ve got to do it later with Virtual Dub, but there´s a loss in quality. Any tip for Gordian Knot, Auto Gordian Knot or some other software solution?

You should talk to me or someone else familiar with it over IRC.  Basically the proper way to do it involves DGIndex/dvd2avi, avisynth, mpeg2dec3, textsub filter (for avisynth), etc.  You should never have to do a YV12->RGB conversion and if you add subtitles in VDub this will be forced upon you by VDub.  It will take a while to get everything properly set up, but once you are set up and understand the process it is only a minor change to go from episode to episode.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 06:33:38 am »
The man speaks the truth.
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Boss_Boroto

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 02:54:32 am »
Ok, I´m logged in the irc, now I just need someone actually speaks to me, he he.

Boss_Boroto

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 08:50:41 am »
Wellll, thanks for your time yesterday, though unfortunately I couldn´t finish the process. I´ve got the split avi, but waht next? I´d really appreciate it if you could guide me through the rest of the process by irc or contacting my in my e-mail address.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 10:51:10 am »
Yeah I went to sleep.  
If you just want to test out subtitlers, you can use the VDub .ssa filter.  This isn't the optimum way to encode though, as VDub when used this way forces a YV12->RGB color conversion.

To encode you want to make another .avs file, name it something like "episode 1 encode".  

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84359

Get VSFilter there, and then specify all your (split) .avi's in the avisource part of your .avs file.  Typically my final encode file ends up looking something like this:

LoadPlugin ("VSFilter.dll")
AVISource ("episode01raw_noaudio.00.avi", "episode01raw_noaudio.01.avi", "episode01raw_noaudio.02.avi")
ConvertToYV12()
Textsub ("myscript.ssa")

Then open it in VDub, select "Fast Recompress" for video, load the audio, set up XVid encode and that's it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 10:51:46 am by Sindobook »

Boss_Boroto

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 06:39:41 am »
Mmm, I get an error message saying "Stats file not found". Any ideas?

Boss_Boroto

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 08:24:21 am »
Ok, there seemed to be some problem with the codec. I got to encode the thing, but neither the format nor the quality were as expected. Guess I´ll have to repeat some steps.